• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Trust For poor Brahmin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stange that this post is not getting any response. i think similar threads earlier had a slow death and hence the momentum is lost.

posting this message just to keep this thread alive.

Dear TSRAJANGANESH JI,

Please contact Sri Silverfox Ji (an admin in this Forum), who was working on registering such a trust last year. I do not know whether that was done.

Please do not lose heart - you have some terriffic ideas posted in the other thread here. What I would suggest is to start small, have some wins, publicize them here again to add new initiatives. Please pick an initiative that can be done quickly with a high success factor.

Regards,
KRS

Stange that this post is not getting any response. i think similar threads earlier had a slow death and hence the momentum is lost.

posting this message just to keep this thread alive.

Thanks sir for the response and suggestion. Sure will take up a activity at a time and succeed at each step. As yo have righly mentioned we are planning to classify these as short term/medium term and long term. i have already discussed with few of my friends (mostly in early 20's and 30's). we are in need of volunteers as well as elders who can guide us .

Can you please provide me the details of how to contact the admin.

Also can you help me in getting to know the contact details of other members who have already shown interest in this at some point in time.

what I am planning is to have a meeting of members in Chennai which will help us brainstrom and take the plans forward.

Dear Sri TSRAJANGANESH Ji,

Please send a private message to 'Silverfox' using the Forum.

Regards,
KRS

formation of trust to help real poor brahmins

please advise whether the trust is formed so that i can volunteer to mobilise some financial resources.
kindly note that the trust should be run with clean hands to achive the goal of the trust.
be open and genuine real needy people to be scrutinised and helped to preserve the community
srikanth

Thanks Everyone who have come forward to post response. can we have a band of volunteers from Chennai to Start with to identify the beneficiaries. we can slowly have local groups at each city.

we can plan to have a multi level commitee to monitor and help the needy Brahmins.

First let us have the team in place before we start thinking of getting financila support.

Sri Silverfox ji, your views on this please

Members from Chennai can we plan to meet to take this forward.

chiku, raja,

my suggestion to you guys, is to take ownership of this issue.

do not wait for someone else to take the lead.

for starters, you might just want to do it yourself.

ie identify some poor brahmin cause (education or health) and vet out the applicant for honesty and deservedness.

then open a charitable bank account and then a thread in this forum, detailing the needs.

the contributions from each may be small, but very soon, your target would be reached.

it would be very gratifying, if you do not charge for your time or admin expenses.

for those appeals outside of your town of domicile, request for volunteer to vet out the claimant.

this is basically how the kerala iyers trust works.

all it takes is ONE dedicated person willing to part with his time and effort for the benefit of the community.

the time element will eventually be 4-6 hours a day, i estimate. it could be more depending on how much you grow. you can request for helpers at that point from this forum.

i suspect, that once your bonafide is established, money will not be the issue. you will be focussing on disbursement to worthy causes.

also, try to keep religion out of it ie support to build temples or veda patasalas. keep it for professional education or medical expenses.. and this is purely my own bias.

hope this inspires you to further action. thank you.

Sri Rajesh Iyer and myself have already committed to help in medical front within Tamilnadu. Please refer genuine cases.

For higher education, we can organise bank loans provided the criteria is met which is fairly simple. Capitation fee is not possible. Upto Rs.4 lakhs without collatoral security, loan is possible.

We have to evolve a system for school education and I request suggestions from our members.

venkat,

suggest you talk to praveen, to get a bigger profile for such within the forum.

so that members are reminded that can contribute or suggest deserving cases.

maybe a little box on the side of the page would be possible? i don't know .. but praveen would.

good stuff..

venkat,

suggest you talk to praveen, to get a bigger profile for such within the forum.

so that members are reminded that can contribute or suggest deserving cases.

maybe a little box on the side of the page would be possible? i don't know .. but praveen would.

good stuff..

Thanks sri Kunjuppu ji,

I shall meet Mr.Praveen with prior appointment and discuss the issue.

All the best

I had the good fortune of meeting Praveen a few weeks back. We had a discussion on this subject and hope to start the spade work in october.

We can start with giving employment to unemployed bramhins. People who are in need of manpower can advertise in the forum

wanted 1-2 years experienced electrical engineers to work in gulf

any tamil brahmin boys with 1- 2 years experience to work in desert site. approx salary 25-30 k per month tax free with free food and shared accomodation.
send your cv's to chiku72@gmail. com. this is a service and no fees/ money or any kind of offering is accepted. will prefer to have diploma holders from the bread winner of poor brahmin families.
srikanth

We can start with giving employment to unemployed bramhins. People who are in need of manpower can advertise in the forum

I am in need of a Driver.Any poor people among our community or retired from TVS and any other companies may contact me at 98421-11592.
we give 2000 pm as salary.Then Driver bata at 0.50 paise per KM.
Our cars will run approximately abt 5000 to 8000 kms a month depending on season..
Al together our driver may earn around 4500 - 5000 every month.
Residents of Madurai can contact immediately.

sir
I am R.Suryanaayanan retiring on 30.11.2009 from BSNL. I eagerly await to join the trust. I will have 24x7 at the disposal of the trust. I am willing to help financially also to the trust. Please quote me to [email protected] .

with pranams to every body

r suryanarayanan

Last edited:
Hearty welcome to you, Sir.

With growing popularity and patronage, the trust must be formed at the earliest. It should not remain a non-starter.

sir
I am R.Suryanaayanan retiring on 30.11.2009 from BSNL. I eagerly await to join the trust. I will have 24x7 at the disposal of the trust. I am willing to help financially also to the trust. Please quote me to [email protected] .

with pranams to every body

r suryanarayanan

Thank you very much sir. It is really heartening to know that you are going to spend your time for charitable activities post retirement.

I think a meeting of all Chennai based members is the need of the hour. Any Sunday or Public holiday may be ok.

Shall we meet on 25th October 2009 Sunday (25.10.2009). Interested members, please confirm with suggested timing and venue.

Sri Praveen ji, could you spare your valuable time for the meeting.

All the best

The idea of a brahmin trust is mooted many times, in this forum and elsewhere. The sad part is that, it remains only a fond hope. We are unwilling to take the next step, perhaps unsure of how it would shape up.

There was a poll conducted in this site on starting an exclusive brahmin trust - though there were some favouring the same, the response was not overwhelming. Perhaps, individually we are better off minding our own business that the thought of our community does not hold interest. Perhaps, with distasteful experiences in the past, one does not think that such an effort would succeed.

Maybe if this topic were to be kept rolling on till it gained momentum...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back