• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

ராம நாம ஜபம்

Status
Not open for further replies.
ராம நாம ஜபம்

rama-nama-chanting.png

ஒரு குரு, விஷ்ணு சஹஸ்ரநாமம் ஸ்லோகத்தைச் சில சிறுவர்களுக்குக் கற்றுக் கொடுத்துக் கொண்டிருந்தார். அவர் ஸ்லோகத்தைச் சொல்ல ஆரம்பித்தார்.

ஸ்ரீ ராம ராம ராமேதி ரமே ராமே மனோரமே!
சஹஸ்ர நாம தத்துல்யம் ஸ்ரீ ராம நாம வரானனே!!

பிறகு சிறுவர்களிடம் கூறலானார், “ராம நாமத்தை மூன்று முறை ஆழ்ந்த பக்தியுடன் ஜபித்தால், விஷ்ணு சஹஸ்ர நாமத்தை அல்லது கடவுளின் சஹஸ்ர நாமாவளியை படித்த பலன் கிடைக்கும்.”
ஒரு சிஷ்யன் குரு சொன்னதை ஒத்துக் கொள்ளவில்லை. “மூன்று முறை சொன்னால் எப்படி ஆயிரத்திற்குச் சமமாகும்” என்று குருவிடம் கேட்டான்.

அறிவும், திறமையும், ராம பக்தியும் நிறைந்த குரு உடனடியாக பதிலளித்தார். “சிவபெருமான் என்ன சொல்கிறார் தெரியுமா? எல்லா வார்த்தைகளையும் விட ராம நாம ஜபம் தான் மிகவும் இனிமையானது. அவர் பெயரைச் சொல்வது விஷ்ணுவின் ஆயிரம் பெயர்களைச் சொல்வதற்குச் சமம்.” என்று கூறினார்.
குரு கணித்தல் மூலம் “மூன்று முறை ராம நாம ஜபம் செய்வது ஆயிரத்திற்குச் சமம்” என்பதை விளக்கினார். ராமா என்ற பெயரை எடுத்துக்கொண்டால் அதில் இரண்டு சமஸ்கிருத வார்த்தைகள் இருக்கின்றன. ரா வும் மா வும்.

‘ரா’{சமஸ்கிருதத்தில் இரண்டாவது இடையின எழுத்து}
‘மா’{ஐந்தாவது மெல்லின எழுத்து}:

‘ரா’ வுக்கு இரண்டு மதிப்பும், மா வுக்கு ஐந்து மதிப்பும் கொடுத்தால், ராமா என்ற வார்த்தைக்கு இரண்டு × ஐந்து = பத்தாகிவிடும். ராமா என்ற வார்த்தையை மூன்று முறை சொன்னால் ஆயிரத்திற்குச் சமமாகும். இரண்டு × ஐந்து × இரண்டு × ஐந்து × இரண்டு × ஐந்து = பத்து × பத்து × பத்து = ஆயிரம்.

இந்த விளக்கம் கேட்டவுடன் சிறுவன் சமாதானமாகவும், சந்தோஷமாகவும் இருந்தான். விஷ்ணு சஹஸ்ர நாமத்தைப் பக்தியுடனும், கவனத்துடனும் கற்றுக் கொண்டான்.

ஆவலாகக் கேள்வி கேட்ட சிறுவனுக்கு நன்றி கூறி, எல்லோரிடமும் இந்த விளக்கத்தை சொன்னால், தினமும் மூன்று தடவை ராம நாமத்தை ஜபிப்பது சுலபமாகி விடும்.

நீதி:

சடங்கு முறைகளின் அர்த்தத்தை மற்றவர்களுக்குச் சொன்னால், குறிப்பாக சிறு குழந்தைகளுக்கு, அதைப் பாராட்டிக் கட்டாயமாகப் பின்பற்றுவார்கள். கட்டாயப்படுத்துவதை விட அர்த்தத்தைப் புரிந்து செய்வது சிறப்பாகும்.அனுபவங்களையும், அறிவு சார்ந்த விஷயங்களையும் தெரிந்து கொள்வதின் மூலம் தான் ஒரு மனிதனுக்கு ஞானம் வளரும்.

மொழி
பெயர்ப்பு:

சரஸ்வதி, ரஞ்சனி

http://saibalsanskaar.wordpress.com

https://saibalsanskaartamil.wordpress.com/2014/07/04/ராம-நாம-ஜபம்/

At another story, we find that Sri Padmanabha Vediyar, one of Kabirdas's sishyas encountered a merchant who wanted to commit suicide, unable to bear the pain of his advanced Leprosy. To him Sri Padmanabha Vediyar recited Rama nama taraka-mantra 3 times and he immediately recovered. But his guru Sri Kabirdas is playfully angry at Padmanabha - he says, "Reciting Sri Rama's name once alone is enough, why did you have to recite it 3 times to cure him?". To this, Padmanabha Vediyar says, "The first time he gave Rama's name for getting rid of his sin in not finding a guru all this time though living in this holy Kashi, the second time for the disease to get cured and a third time, to get moksha. Guruji, maybe if you had done it, you could have done all three results to be procured in just one mention of Sri Rama's name, but to me it took 3 times..".

Why were Kabirdas and Padmanabha Vediyar were able to cure others' sins thus with just one mention of Sri Rama's name? Kabir, for instance, had done penance reciting continuously Sri Rama's name and living just on water otherwise, for 12 full years!!

Smt JR Ji

Sri Rama Naamam is more powerful than Sri. Rama Himself :

The word Ram is an embodiment of bliss and salvation.

Ram mantra is considered to be Taraka mantra.

The Sanskrit word Taraka denotes a star.

A star traverses in space and acts as a guiding light. Similarly, a Taraka mantra is that which provides guidance and helps liberate one’s self from the cycle of birth and re-birth.

Ram-naam (name of Sri Ram)contains the power of all mantras. Just uttering the syllable 'Ra' can purge us of all sin. The following syllable 'Ma' ensures that expunged sins do not return to plague us.

The Ram-naammantra stands for Supreme Reality. Chanting Rama's name produces a rhythmic sound that sooths and relaxes the mental and physical system. Mental recitations are equally, if not more, effective.

'Ra' is taken from the Astakshari Mantra Om Namo Narayanaya and 'Ma', from Panchakshari Mantra, Namah Shivaya . The word Rama stands for one who is always present in the hearts of yogis and makes them feel happy. Ram naamliberates from ego and desires. If you are depressed, the mantra will lift your spirits.

Adi Shankaracharya praised the Rama mantra and said that Lord Shankara, knowing the sweetness of it, initiated his beloved Parvati to it. He tells her: Sree Rama Rama Ramethi Rame Raame Manorame Sahasranama Tat Thul-yam Rama Nama Varananemeaning it is only Rama nama which is equal to a thousand names of Vishnu.

This mantra can be chanted anywhere, anytime and by anyone. Rama nama has the power of intercession for the dead. The pall bearers repeat: Ram naam satya hai (the name of Rama is absolute truth).

Sri Ramanavami 3rd April, 2009 Sandesh

Thank you for the wonderful information, PJ ji.

Shri Rama is my aradhana-deivam (which I took to for the past 4 yrs after having visions of Shri Ram) and everyday I recite many slokas to Hanuman ji, and then to Sri Ram using his raksha mantra 'Sri Rama Jaya Rama Jaya Jaya Rama'. I feel blessed, blissful and contented this way. Since that I am not working currently, I find enough time to recite my stotras and prayers for an hour each day and I feel profoundly happy with my daily sadhana.

Jai Shri Ram!

Samartha Ramadas, guru of Chatrapathi Shivaji was believed to be an incarnation of Shri Hanuman and thus was a great devotee of Shri Ram. Once Shri Ramadas was trying out his 'sling shot' and shot a bird which fell down and died instantly! Everyone blamed Samartha Ramadas for killing the bird! But Shri Ramadas recited Sri Rama Dwadasakshari Mantra (Sri Rama Jaya Rama Jaya Jaya Rama) and lifted the bird - it came to life and flew away! Everyone was amazed. It goes without saying that Samartha Ramadas had done intense sadhana using Sri Rama Dwadasakshari Mantra and Gayathri mantra for many, many years before this incident.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back