• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Satyanarayana pooja

Status
Not open for further replies.

JR

Hare Krishna
Namaste,

I am just curious to know if you do Satyanarayana Pooja at home on each Pournami.

In my household, we have been doing that for a very long time.
What we do is very, very simple though. I prepare Rava kesari, clean the puja spot, draw kolam, adorn the Satyanarayana picture with fresh coat of sandal and kumkum, place flower.

Then me and my hubby take head-bath late in the evening, and first read the Katha (5 stories), then offer the naivedyam of kesari and bananas, then I read Satyanarayana Ashtottara and offer flowers after each nama (108 namas). With that we finish the puja and then offer karpooram.

Overall, it takes just an hour for the above.

Offlate, I have come into contact with people who do it very elaborate every month, including fasting the whole day, and a full-fledged puja that includes ganesh puja, ashtadik-palaka puja and so forth...

So upon the above, I became curious to know if there are other simpler steps that I can incorporate into my puja. If you do this puja, can you let me know how you do it?

JR ji, glad to see you carry on the traditions. My wife's family mainly does it for auspicious events like marriage, birth of child, returning home etc.

JR ji, glad to see you carry on the traditions. My wife's family mainly does it for auspicious events like marriage, birth of child, returning home etc.

Biswa ji,

Sometimes good things happen to us when we start our spiritual routine or puja. For example, the very first time we started this puja, the phone rang in the middle of the puja and my husband heard the good news about our GC being approved within the 1st year we applied for it. So eventhough it wouldn't be accurate to say we are doing the puja to get our things done, still it feels nice like a 'bonus' :).

GC approved in 1 year is really a special event, your husband or you must be in a very desirable category. Glad to know that Lord Satyanarayana is well-disposed to your family.

In the rituals ceremonies and poojas in the sticky thread Maha ganapathy and navagraha homam you can see in the first page about satya narayana pooja details.. On 6th november 2014 you can see the satya narayana pooja in sankara t.v. from 5.P.M. TO 6 P.M.

you may buy on online from giri trading agency " SAMPRADHAAYA VIRADHA POOJAH VITHAANAM " in tamil language all mantras are there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back