• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Study finds proof of life after death atleast for 3 minutes

Status
Not open for further replies.
[h=2]Study finds proof of `life after death'[/h] October 09, 2014 06:35 AM

Study finds proof of `life after death'

Kounteya Sinha
London

Man Gives `Credible Account' Of 3-Min Experience Observing Bid To Revive Him

Life after death -at least for a little while -is for real.British scientists have confirmed such evidence in the largest ever medical study carried out on the subject. Experts currently believe the brain shuts down within 20 to 30 seconds of the heart stopping beating -and that it is not possible to be aware of anything at all once that has happened. But scientists in the new study said they heard compelling evidence that patients experienced real events for up to three minutes after this had happened and could recall them accurately once they had been resuscitated.

Dr Sam Parnia, an assistant professor at the State University of New York and a former research fellow at the University of Southampton who led the research, said that recollections in relation to death, so-called out-ofbody experiences (OBEs) or neardeath experiences (NDEs), have frequently been considered hallucinatory or illusory in nature.

One man, however, gave a “very credible” account of what was going on while doctors and nurses tried to bring him back to life -and says that he felt he was observing his resuscitation from the corner of the room. Speaking about the evidence provided by a 57-year-old social worker, Parnia said: “We know the brain can't function when the heart has stop ped beating. But in this case, conscious awareness appears to have continued for up to three minutes. The man described everything that had happened in the room, but importantly , he heard two bleeps from a machine that makes a noise at three minute intervals. So we could time how long the experienced lasted for.He seemed very credible and everything that he said had happened to him had actually happened.“

In 2008, a study involving 2,060 patients from 15 hospitals in the UK, US and Austria was launched. The AWARE (Awareness during Resuscitation) study , sponsored by the University of Southampton, examined the broad range of mental experiences in relation to death. Researchers also tested the validity of conscious experiences using objective markers for the first time to determine whether claims of awareness compatible with out-of-body experiences correspond with real or hallucinatory events.

Thirty-nine per cent of patients who survived cardiac arrest and were able to undergo structured interviews described a perception of awareness, but did not have any explicit recall of events.Among those who reported a perception of awareness, 46% experienced a broad range of mental recollections in relation to death that were not compatible with the commonly used term of NDEs. These included fearful experiences. Only 9% had experiences compatible with NDEs and 2% exhibited full awareness compatible with OBEs with explicit recall of seeing and hearing events

TOI OCT 9-Study finds proof of `life after death'

Dear Vgane ji,

This is quite a common occurrence in hospitals.

many a times when we actively resuscitate a patient whose heart had stopped..when the patient wakes up he/she would be able to give an accurate description of what went on.

Dont know how and why.

Some also say they saw a divine being almost always a female divine being standing in front of a bright light and then they felt they were being sucked back into their body when their hearts starts beating again.

So far I have no met any patient saying that they saw a male divine being..it almost always female.

Where are the male divine beings? or do all males go to hell?LOL

Dear Vgane ji,

To add..sometimes even critically ill patients have told doctors that they can see their deceased relatives in the room waiting to take them and sure enough they die the very next day.

So much mystery.

Renukaji,

That's great! I think you should publish a book of your experiences as a Doctor..Not kidding..I am serious

Renukaji,

That's great! I think you should publish a book of your experiences as a Doctor..Not kidding..I am serious

Dear Sir,

I have lots of stories to share..but for that I will need to retire 1st..becos some stories are so controversial that I might have the medical fraternity chasing me with torches to burn me alive..as it is one doctor here is not too happy with my existence in forum!LOL

Dear Vgane ji,

As a doctor I have noted many times that many doctors keep their minds close when they hear about out of body experience and near death experiences from patients.

They keep saying its hallucination..etc.

But I have read even in weightlessness training for astronauts ..some of them lose consciousness and also report similar near death experiences when the oxygen level to the brain dips.

I somehow feel when we have low levels of oxygen to our brain especially when the heart stops..death could be impending and the mind goes into "entertainment" mode to make a person relax with the idea of death.

Becos each person who comes out from a near death experience identifies with situations of their own religion.

Some Muslims have said they saw light at the desert..a Christian says he saw a female angel dressed in white.
Some Hindus say they heard some mantra being chanted.

Its always something that the mind was already accustomed too.

So I still feel in death..the mind is still fooling us...the effect of Maya is yet not over.

There are cases of people born normal who lose their eye sight in later part of life due to retinal damage and yet claim to see..the reason is becos their brain plays the old recorded images and fools them into believing they are still seeing.

Actually they are seeing only what their brain is playing.

The human mind seems to want to make everything less stressful.

It is interesting to explore more actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back