• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Two Brahmins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello All.

This is my first posting. I hope it is interpreted appropriately.

Today, everywhere, within Brahmin Families, I see the contempt that family members have upon one or two members within the family, either the one born there or the new entrant [ ( son-in-law, ( most often the brother-in-law, as it has been for ages time immemorial - I love your sister, my wife, but not you :) ... do not ask me why. it is like that only, but you are still needed since you are a darling uncle to my kids ), daughter-in-law ) ]
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

We need to firstly feel proud of the fact that we brahmins ( most of us ) are among the rare group ( including good samaritans across castes, creed and religions ), who do not DUMP our INNER CONFLICTS ( within our mind ), as the problem of society and/or the State.

We always tell ourselves " YOUR INNER CONFLICTS WITHIN YOUR MIND ARE PURELY YOUR OWN. YOU HAVE TO SORT THEM OUT BY YOURSELF. SEEK FAMILY SUPPORT, IF YOU WANT TO. BUT DO NOT MAKE YOUR INNER CONFLICTS, A PROBLEM OF SOCIETY. DO NOT MAKE YOUR INNER CONFLICTS, A PROBLEM OF THE STATE ".

I guess this is the reason why we are generally an amicable lot wherever we are.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Frequent statements hurled at brahmin men, both within family and outside family :

he boozes
he smokes
he wanders aimlessly ( vettiya suttharaan ),...etc etc

I PERSONALLY FEEL IT IS HIGH TIME WE STOP THIS HATRED BUSINESS. we need to develop tolerance. It is high time we do so. From Technology, we are already moving towards Robotics and Artificial Intelligence and WE BRAHMINS REALLY NEED TO GET OUR EMOTIONAL QUOTIENT in order. Before it is too late.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

As of today, 2014, there are Only Two types of Brahmins

(1) BORN BRAHMIN

(2) PRACTISING BRAHMIN

Before you develop a friendship with a brahmin, find out which of these two, the person is and that saves you the trouble of future complications.

Born Brahmin : Whether you and I like it or not, this person is just the plain brahmin, born as one and who just spends his life EATING, DRINKING AND SLEEPING. No Tradition, No Custom, Nothing whatsoever.

He / She is similar to that LONE ELEPHANT in the forest which strays and then vanishes and then returns to a herd, fights, creates a ruckus, shows some solidarity rarely and then is back to straying.

You just cannot do anything to this elephant. It comes it comes. It leaves, it leaves.

It is better you too just leave it at that, instead of picking up a fight and creating a scene.
When it comes, wish it a HI
When it leaves, again wish it. But this time with a BYE. Beware. Do not say GOOD RIDDANCE. That will then mark the beginning of a fresh fight.

SUCH BORN BRAHMINS too are a part of NATURE. You have to accept that fact and be tolerant.
You do not need to fight and oppose. You do not need to intermingle. But just leave them alone. There are various factors for their status of BORN BRAHMINS. Each story is unique and is best left uncovered.
Destiny alone can alter their path.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

PRACTISING BRAHMIN : This Brahmin is the one who frequently, on a daily basis, does some or the other act, either by way of rituals or by way of the essence of rituals or by way of both, to polish to brightness, the two important aspects of human existence ( I picked this beautiful two-aspects facets of life, from a fellow passenger ( An Iyer, the gentleman introduced himself as his surname ), aboard the flight, a few months ago ), namely

a) CULTURAL STATURE
and
b) ECONOMIC STATUS
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

So, depending upon your temperament, you decide who you want to be and who you want to be acquainted with.

The BORN BRAHMIN
or
The PRACTISING BRAHMIN.

But be tolerant of both.
You just cannot have a brahmin community today, without seeing either of these two.

You can invariably place the brahmins within either of these two categories.

Signed/-
The Bharadwaj Clan Member

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back