• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Brahmin-turned-born_again - are'nt they a threat?

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BRAHMACHARI

In recent decades, I happened to encounter numerous ex-brahmins who have disowned being brahmins, who claim to be born-again into a new life, saved by grace by someone born 2000 years ago. This group claim He is THE MESSIAH, who will come again and judge the world. There already seem to be some in this forum.

Their rapid and continuous increase in number is a matter of concern, something to reckon with and is an alarm. They have the potential to influence other brahmins also to join their fold. Everyone of them has a testimony to advocate their claim.

There are numerous such groups who target among others, especially brahmins.

I reckon the real threat to brahmins is not from within hinduism, not from the self-proclaimed-dravidians whose movements impacted us little. The real threat seems to be from this brahmin-turned-born-again group, who even go to the extent of twisting hindu scriptures to claim that the Messiah is spoken about in hindu scriptures.

Should we remain indifferent to this, whatever you name it, trend or movement. Should we remain passive and mute spectators to this. Or should we do something to arrest this erosion which eventually would end up eliminating the community itself?

I feel if their mission progresses either we all would end up swallowed into their fold or we would remain the lone surviver in our community.

Wait a minute..a Brahmin is already of Twice Born and now he becomes born again(its another term for twice born) in his new faith..so that makes him a Quadruple Born! Now wonder he is a Messiah.
Praise the Lord!LOL

BTW Brahmachari ji..why are you blaming the Dravidian movement for this?
As it the Dravid is a single born and not a twice born..what can he really do?

Last edited:
There is really no cause for concern.
If someone wants to be a Christian or Muslim or whatever let them - they have the religious freedom to do so.

I am only against enormous amount of outside money from powerful groups and religious organizations that targets poor people and exploiting weakness of Indian society in a systematic manner. These people zealous to convert have low integrity because they are told the end result of conversion justifies any kind of unscrupulous means.

Those who think they are of any group because of their birth are actually irrelevant in the long run. It does not matter if they call themselves Brahmins or some other name or Christians. The world is balanced with people from other cultures learning all the right things our scriptures have to offer. They attempt to live up to the ideals of what the word Brahmins really means.

The teaching tradition will continue with these new teachers leveraging the technology that is available.

There is no need for anyone to convert to Hinduism to be Satvic predominantly in their life style. They can learn and teach which a *some* of the Brahmin class used to do decades and centuries ago.

the way christian groups operate in tamilnadu raises eyebrows.

my maid lost her son in law due to an ailment

since two small kids of maids daughter studied in a convent school , the nuns from the convent landed up at her place unasked for to pray for the departed soul.

after a few days the principal of the school unasked visited the family and offered free study upto school final in the convent school for the kids

though a hindu no one from any of our religeous order offered to do anything for the widow or her children .

if this family converts in course of time I would hardly be surprised

I do not know if the actions of the nuns or the school principal could be called inducement to convert

this type of action is typical of christian missions of india .

my driver close to suicide due to economic hardship was supported by the local church with free accomodation and help for children education in return for conversion

which he accepted.

these kind of actions by christian missions are rampant

tamil brahmins are specifically targetted for their publicity value and to send a message that they are converting due to non economic reasons

most of the north east and poor people of tribes of MP, jharhand,orissa are falling prey to inducement and economic advantages of conversion

some have ended up with multiple religions . they are hindus to avail benefits of reservation and christians for church support

religion is ceasing to be meaningful for them . these people intermarry among hindu and christian religion , caste being the common over riding factor

Last edited:
Brahmins are more individualistic I believe. You cannot derive much help now a days ,even from one family members, leave about the rest. Then if a problem comes there is hardly anyone to take up the cause. Worse, we encourage their businesses,laugh at the jokes made at us.
We know editor in chief of the Hindu questioning Upakarma.But still we mostly buy The Hindu. We will have Kanchan illaiah articles writing how Brahmins destroyed India in the Hindu. We wont care about the attacks.
We have a superstar , who describes the community as a coward in Thalapathi.But still we watch movie multiple times .
Nakkeran Gopal wrote article saying Jaya cooked beef. ADMK party members (most of them are not Brahmins) organized protests and Gopal apologized.
Under same Jaya rule , Censor board clears a movie with dialogue , 'paapathiamma,taste and tell how this chicken is'...(I really dont know Kamal intended to do a Gopal here). And we support his movies.
When we lack the utter minimal defense and cooperation, its no wonder others take adv of it.

Our "Sanaathana Dharma" or the Hindu religion is like a vast lake of crystal-clear, pure water. The lake does not make any effort at all to invite people to come and drink its waters; those who come and drink its waters will feel the beneficial results.

Our religion had been the exclusive preserve of the Dwijas or the three upper castes; the large group of lower castes did not have any role whatsoever. Hence we need not be unduly concerned about some people converting to Christianity or Islam. All the more so today because most (if not the entire) available scriptures have now found their way to the digital domain.

Christianity tries many attractions to rope in hindus. Some brahmins also convert because they want to benefit from the various financial assistance provided to new converts. I will say that such conversion cannot become a threat to our hindu faith.

Our "Sanaathana Dharma" or the Hindu religion is like a vast lake of crystal-clear, pure water. The lake does not make any effort at all to invite people to come and drink its waters; those who come and drink its waters will feel the beneficial results.
I cannot agree more; Sir. In the past too there were many attacks on our civilization. Organized religions imposed mass executions conversions Jaziya Janissaries Zimmi system etc but we held on. But our family system was intact then. Even in the absence of digital copies people learnt the Gita by rote then. Jnansi rani in her last letter to the Viceroy quotes the Bhagavad Gita sloka ¡°Hato Vaa prapsyasi swargam¡°. Now many of such bulwarks are getting eroded.
Our religion had been the exclusive preserve of the Dwijas or the three upper castes; the large group of lower castes did not have any role whatsoever. Hence we need not be unduly concerned about some people converting to Christianity or Islam. All the more so today because most (if not the entire) available scriptures have now found their way to the digital domain.
Hello Sir; you are repeating the misconception spread by Marxists. In fact the tantrikas were from all castes including chandaalas. No caste is excluded. Buddhist and Hindu tantrikas intermingled easily. This was going on almost for the past 2000 yrs. Today the bulk of Hindu practices is Tantrika and not vaidika. Vedic sacrifices (which are supposed to be taught to dwijas only) are few and far between.
Christianity tries many attractions to rope in hindus. Some brahmins also convert because they want to benefit from the various financial assistance provided to new converts. I will say that such conversion cannot become a threat to our hindu faith.
The conversion as we call it is suble and works both ways. Hinduism is not merely worship of certain gods; it involves such practices like Yoga; recitation of Vedic mantras in yagnas etc. These practices have found followership in many countries. So a sort of reverse conversion is happening. The mistake of modern day Gurus is in stripping off the core spiritual element from practices like yoga pranayama - contrary to the instructions of Patanjali Rshi. By this they might have aimed at getting more popularity to Yoga but simultaneously they have reduced it to something like a gym workout. Lord Krishna even anticipated this - he says *Sa kaleneva mahataa yogo nashtah Parantapah* However Hinduism rests on solid ground and will continue to provide solace to millions in future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back