• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Why do Tamils shout?

Status
Not open for further replies.

eXe

Most Tamilians are very quick to raise their voices and speak loudly? I've noticed this across all castes of Tamils. If they are a bit excited or want to press a point they will start talking loudly, sometimes even in a jovial mood. It really is unpleasant behavior.

It's not my intention to insult anyone but I am a hobbyist student of cultures and psychology. How can anyone not notice this? Do they do it despite knowing how loud they are being?

Most Tamilians are very quick to raise their voices and speak loudly? I've noticed this across all castes of Tamils. If they are a bit excited or want to press a point they will start talking loudly, sometimes even in a jovial mood. It really is unpleasant behavior.

It's not my intention to insult anyone but I am a hobbyist student of cultures and psychology. How can anyone not notice this? Do they do it despite knowing how loud they are being?

Oye...you havent met other races in the world which I have met.I dont intend to be a racist of any sorts so I am not listing the names of those races.

Dear Exe...its actually very hard to generalize..a person can shout for no valid reason at all or for some valid reason.

In my personal opinions Tamilians shout for all the wrong reasons but keep quiet when they need to speak up and becos of this they can be easily fooled and be taken for a ride.

This is what we call an Illichavaiyan!LOL

So my dear..I feel let anyone shout as long they shout for the right reasons and bring the action!

Like the song by WILL.I. AM that goes:

Bring the Action...

I wanna Scream and Shout and Let it All out..
And Scream and Shout and Let it all out!
We saying Oh Wee Oh Wee Oh Wee Oh
We saying Oh Wee Oh Wee Oh Wee Oh.

[video=youtube_share;-xuRkYhWzgc]http://youtu.be/-xuRkYhWzgc[/video]

Last edited:
Hi exe

Punjabi's shout more loudly than Tamils.
There are not only shouting Tamils but singing Tamils too. LOL.

Indians in general speak louder. It is cultural. If we have to heard over the background noise, we do have to raise our voice. It becomes a practice, and you have to constantly monitor yourself.

I do not agree with this..Punjabis shout and giggle loudly..Have you see the Haryanvi Jats shouting ..It creates a ruckus with plenty of expletives!

Haven't you heard the aussie drawl? Or the guttural arabic...? Or the archaic pashtun? There are many more... I think it is more a feeling of comfort or superiority coupled with one's bent of mind that cause a "raised voice" rather than any specific "tongue"?

it has also to do with where they are in their country

In delhi it is the the punjabis/hatyanvis who are no 1 in shouting and screaming followed by bengalis and tamil.and telugu

others are fairly docile

UP and people from economicall backward states like northeast, bihar etc are not assertive.karnataka ,kerala do not

create any ruckus. it is something to do with comfort or feeling of superiority over others as Auh ji says

Indians in India used to talk on the telephone very loudly - they need 'keep alive' messages like Hello to make sure connection is not dropped . In the last 10 years or so with so many using cell phones this behavior has changed significantly.

If one has seen Senthil and Goundamani comedies, while Senthil is relatively quiet, Goundamani shouts at the top of his voice. Perhaps, Exe got his idea after watching Goundamani.

It is true that Tamils like more talking.
We enjoy and emulate people talking punch dialogues ,veerapandia kattabomman type rajender type poetic lengthy and loud dialogues. That is why there is a lot of dialogues in Tamil films and mega serials and Tamil dramas.
We see a lot of Pattimandrams only amongst Tamils.
Compare with the malayalam films and malayalam serials and one can easily notice the difference.
We have to learn to talk less and listen more to become better human beings.
When we talk less, the voice also comes down naturally.
This will give more peace in life. This can be practised through Yoga and sandhyavandanam.
Nobody likes a chatterbox with a loud voice.

........... 1. When we talk less, the voice also comes down naturally.
This will give more peace in life. This can be practised through Yoga and sandhyavandanam.
2. Nobody likes a chatterbox with a loud voice.
Many of the yogis were ready to give curse in most of the stories!

Is it possible to curse in a low tone?

2. There are many who adore Sivaji Ganesan as 'Simmak kuralOn'! :hail:

Many of the yogis were ready to give curse in most of the stories!

Is it possible to curse in a low tone?

2. There are many who adore Sivaji Ganesan as 'Simmak kuralOn'! :hail:
In film karnan , in his death scene near rath . shivaji ganesan moans like a wounded tiger with NTR playing krishna asking him for forgiveness and face inevitable death .

one of my favourite shivaji film

Actually Tamilians speak less at home or elsewhere. He shouts at times when he should. Fortunately their voice is at the bottom of the pitch when compared to others'. I think you can still hear a Tamil's shout. Next please do not tell us why we, most of us, are black!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back