• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Occult Sciences - Magic/Tantra/Kundalini...

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is an extremely fascinating subject... There are various interpretations of this science... My first peep into this world was through the study of hypnotism... I was fascinated by it. This, to an extent, urged me to read more about meditation techniques, the various siddhis attained, the lifestyle required and about kundalini...

Atharva veda is said to contain many hyms and charms having a magical nature...

Brahmins generally are not interested in these techniques, though there are exceptions... we may not even recognize such practices...but yet...

I would love to hear of any practitioner of this science give out his views, experiences here (if there are any such members?)...

Most of the self-styled gurus nowadays are just sham... I wonder if there are any genuine teachers...

This may seem an off the track discussion compared to many philosophical topics here... but it is attractive as its practice is believed to endow on the practitioner, various magical powers...

i can assure you sesh-ji, that you will not find a single person willing to discuss these things with you, unless you are an initiated member of their group.....

there are very many traditions centered around kundalini...nath tradition is one...if you are game for trying out something, the better thing to do is to hang out in those thiruvannamalai hill / surrounding areas...some monks may just blabber, some might talk genuinely, all depends on your luck...and gathering bits and pieces of stuff from such folk might be fun...

All these require intense training by a Guru. You can read any number of books. But that will not help you.

Many Brahmins are experts in this line. Sri Vidya is a Tantrik Upasana practiced by many Tamil Brahmins. Requires years of training under a proper Guru.

Dear s.s.Sir, I understand your Basic need of Meditition,, Pl visit Satsangof Radhasoamisatsangof Beas at Coimbatore.cont telnumbers: 2493656,Cell 9842249366. Sri S.S.Balakrishnan. Today @ 4.30 PM a Spl programe is there. There your need will fullfi.l. s.r.k.

Chant Kali Mantra,Siddhis will pour.Amma Kali is pleased.

sb

When I was in college, there was an ad in the paper... from a person who claimed that he could teach hypnotism...

I was pleasantly surprised, for such ads are unusual... and I went to see him... he explained that hypnotism need not be done by rolling one's eyes or mutterring mumbo jumbo... there were certain techniques that could do the trick... probably he meant the type of hypnosis used for clinical purposes...

Though I was a bit skeptical, I decided to press further... for one full week, he would put me in a chair, in a semi-dark room, and repeat, "You are slowly sleeping, your eyelids are becoming heavy, you want to sleep"... then after 5 mins, he would say, you are now in the alpha state and explain it... like this he would continue till he had said "You are now in the delta state"... He would instruct me to be in the same state for 10 or 15 minutes... I could sense that he would go out of the room...

Honestly, I do not think that I had reached delta...

Two weeks passed by and I was not convinced of his techniques...

One fine day, he said that he would now teach me astral projection... ie., the ability to go out of the body and wander...:eyebrows:

The same alpha to delta sequence followed... He started by saying that I was feeling light, very light and that I could feel myself floating... 10 mins later, he asked me how it was.. I said, that I could not feel the difference... "There was another student", he explained, "who remembered his "atthai ponnu" while concentrating, and during all sessions, he could only see her in his mental image... "

I got his point, though my confidence in him did not grow...

Adhukku apram, healing touch nu sonnaru.... alpha to delta mudinjapram... aarambichaar... your hands are feeling light... feeling light... for 5 mins.. apram .. slowly they are lifting up, up, up.... ennale thaanga mudile.... slow aaa naane kaiya mela thookiyooten... apram he asked me to lift my right hand high up in the air.....

I heard the click of a switch... immediately I could feel a warmth in my palm... I guessed that he would have switched on a lamp focussed on my palm... "This is the healing touch", boomed his voice, "Now you have attained healing powers"... As usual, this session too lasted for 5 mins...

By this time I was thoroughly convinced that he was not what I was looking for... and silently I made my exit...

:smow::madgrin:

When I was in college, there was an ad in the paper... from a person who claimed that he could teach hypnotism...

I was pleasantly surprised, for such ads are unusual... and I went to see him... he explained that hypnotism need not be done by rolling one's eyes or mutterring mumbo jumbo... there were certain techniques that could do the trick... probably he meant the type of hypnosis used for clinical purposes...

Though I was a bit skeptical, I decided to press further... for one full week, he would put me in a chair, in a semi-dark room, and repeat, "You are slowly sleeping, your eyelids are becoming heavy, you want to sleep"... then after 5 mins, he would say, you are now in the alpha state and explain it... like this he would continue till he had said "You are now in the delta state"... He would instruct me to be in the same state for 10 or 15 minutes... I could sense that he would go out of the room...

Honestly, I do not think that I had reached delta...

Two weeks passed by and I was not convinced of his techniques...

One fine day, he said that he would now teach me astral projection... ie., the ability to go out of the body and wander...:eyebrows:

The same alpha to delta sequence followed... He started by saying that I was feeling light, very light and that I could feel myself floating... 10 mins later, he asked me how it was.. I said, that I could not feel the difference... "There was another student", he explained, "who remembered his "atthai ponnu" while concentrating, and during all sessions, he could only see her in his mental image... "

I got his point, though my confidence in him did not grow...

Adhukku apram, healing touch nu sonnaru.... alpha to delta mudinjapram... aarambichaar... your hands are feeling light... feeling light... for 5 mins.. apram .. slowly they are lifting up, up, up.... ennale thaanga mudile.... slow aaa naane kaiya mela thookiyooten... apram he asked me to lift my right hand high up in the air.....

I heard the click of a switch... immediately I could feel a warmth in my palm... I guessed that he would have switched on a lamp focussed on my palm... "This is the healing touch", boomed his voice, "Now you have attained healing powers"... As usual, this session too lasted for 5 mins...

By this time I was thoroughly convinced that he was not what I was looking for... and silently I made my exit...

:smow::madgrin:

hi sesh sir,
i heard tantra upasanas very famous in kerala/bengal.........they practice
thoroughly........in some part of north india.......there are lot of books
about tantra/kundalini.........but guru upadesam is must for tantra...

regards
tbs

:laugh:

sesh-ji you really got stuck with a fake hypnotist....

well..there are places where they do the real clinical hypnotism, but only as therapy though, but there are specially trained ones for past life regressions, in case interested....but guess what - our obsession with wanting to know more and more of the metaphysical ends somewhere or the other in oblivion, without any end result and causing more wandering (which ofcourse has no end)...might all be pointless, fruitless, useless...

Yes, I often laugh at this incident... (whenever it comes to mind)...:)

on the other side, the clinical hypnotism has certain limitations... the subject must be totally willing to be hypnotised... failing which it would not work (drugs can also induce such a state)... I am not interested in that kind of clinical therapy study...

who knows where our paths take us... every moment, every thought, every action is subtly changing our perception....

Sesh-ji,

Nobody will do clinical hypnotism unless usually recommened by a psychiatrist. It is generally used for treatment purposes only, like getting over phobias, fears, etc. This is completely different from those who seek regression sessions just for the heck of it, meaning for curiosity's sake and there are people specially trained in regression for normal people...generally one finds that once a person understands the inevitability of life, it all looks like such a master creation..hassels of maintaining ego, image, etc tends to fade away..acceptance for people, their ways, for life, and everything happens easily, ..

Exorcism/Gjosts/Spirits

This is a recent incident (1 to 2 months ago) that was narrated to me by my sister when I was in coimbatore last fortnight...

In Kalapatti, apparently someplace there is a bridge... seems that a woman had died of an accident there (with her infant)... so recently people passing through that way had some curious experiences with devastating results... some happenned to see a woman, who said that she is looking for her child etc etc... within a few days of seeing the lady, they breathed their last...

One story even claims that a person saw the woman with her baby... he had asked her to follow him... when, after some time, he casually looked at her, she was eating the baby...!!! He ran away from the scene... he too, died later...

To end this, many priests from various places were called and they performed a series of pujas... it seems that it has subsided now... there is no sign of the woman...

When I heard this, I rubbished this off... saying that it is possible only in spook movies...

re

One can use Hindu Jyotisham to investigate past life thru amsa charts like D-60...etc.I think its Trimsamsa...etc

sb

Prasnam/mandhrigam

Prasnam is still done in Kerala - Guruvayoor is an example...

I dont know the intricacies.. but I guess rubbing "mai" on betel leaves and foretelling is one of these...

There is also a kind of voodooism practised... these generally have to do with "Dhur Devatas"...

There are some "Dhrishti parihara" symbols which should not be stepped on or crossed over... I have seen this happen... small dark mole-like formations appear on either the leg or on parts of the body... no amount of medication would do... the person has to get it cleansed through "mandhrigam" only...

Then there are the ones who remove specific diseases... my colleague here has seen it happen... In chennai, some 20 or 25 years ago (maybe more)... a maami used to cure jaundice by using a needle, thread and a glass of water... after she performed the rites, it is said that the water turned yellow...

whaddonearth...and i thot such things happened in certain muslims like malay speaking people...

have heard of black-magic in kerala, that they do something with some dolls and all to get harm to befall somebody....but had no idea it was linked with prasnam..and i thot prasnam simply means asking a question (like in astrology).

And a maami with a needle in hand is kinda kinky to imagine. Did she inject somehting with it or remove blood or something? Have you ever met anyone who has confirmed that it has indeed cured him?

No no.. the voodooism is not part of prasnam... it is altogether separate... kutti chaathan velai...

As for the maami, my friend knows the maami... but she has not told the secret of the cure to anybody... i think she chants mantras while dipping the thread in the water (not sure with or without the needle)... shall be back later with details... :phone:

>>And a maami with a needle in hand is kinda kinky to imagine.<<

You guys,whats kinky in this and that too mami?of all the persons in earth!

sb

>>You guys,whats kinky in this and that too mami?of all the persons in earth!
sb<<

Well Bala...its tuf to imagine a gentle elderly lady in a madisar holding a needle and doing some sorta voodoo or witch thingy :laugh:

Ya know chennai is notorious for one of the highest number of HIV cases in the country...looks like all these needles have been contributing in passing things on...

Well Bala...its tuf to imagine a gentle elderly lady in a madisar holding a needle and doing some sorta voodoo or witch thingy :laugh:

I think you have completely mixed things up... these things are often mentioned as "kattu" or binds... these are sattvic in nature... the maami is not like a dark magician or voodoo practitioner... and there is no poking or pricking anybody with the needle...

there are certain moola manthrams for certain diseases, snake bites, scorpion bites etc... one has to do japa, a certain number of times, with untainted concentration, fo the siddhi to be manifested in the individual...

i have listed the details down:

- the affected person has to go to the maami's house for 3 days (only during the period of the ritual)

- the maami would have purified herself and performed pujas already; she also keeps a small vessel of water and performs the puja routine...

- the jaundiced should take with him betel leaves and betel nuts, banana, coconut, a needle (the maami would tell the size of the needle) and 1 Re coin (as dakshina)

- the patient is made to sit facing east; while uttering shlokas, the mami catches both ends of the needle (in a horizontal way), dips in the purified (through shlokas) water and sprinkles it on the patient... this whole procedure takes 15 to 20 minutes... (nobody is allowed in that room while doing this)

- After it is over, the water colour turns to yellow...

- the same procedure is repeated thrice a day for three days... the intensity of the fever is reduced... and the healing process is accelerated... by taking supplementary medicines, speedy recovery is assured...

my colleague has been treated with this method... and he says that one can sense a relief through this...

<<to clarify - no thread is used... >>

Last edited:
Thanks Sesh-ji. I stand clarified and corrected. How these things work is amazing really...but well, when they say faith can move mountains, then anything is possible.

Prasna marga is one of the well known schools of astrology. Dr. B.V. Raman the well known author of books on Astrology has written a book on Prasna also.

The power of Mantras to cure diseases is well known. Indrakshi stotram is recited for fevers. Unfortunately the orthodox Purva Mimamsa Brahmins have been against Mantra yoga. Many practices like Visha Vaidyam has fallen into neglect. About 50 years back there was a station master in the Indian railways who was good in Visha Vaidyam. He was known all over India. If one gets bitten by a snake all that he has to do was to inform the station master of the nearest railway station. The railways had made arrangements to inform him about incidences of snake bites. He cured people from his place of residence. The bringing down of jaundice was again a well known practice. But in the eagerness to sanitize Hinduism the baby was thrown out along with the bath water.

Satthan is the name for Sastha. Dharmasastha. His temple was always on the outskirts of the village. He is considered a demi God or Kaval Dhaivam. Satthan is not from the christian Satan or the Muslim Saithan.

Again there is nothing called black or white magic. This is a western term. Vashikaranam, Ucchatanam, Sthambanam, Maranam etc. are part of the mantra prayoga. The powers acquired are misused. That is all. Some of you might have seen a recent serial in Malayalam about Devi where the deity Varthali is portrayed as an evil goddess. This is the common misconception of Malyalees created by the brahmins. Varthali is another name for Maa Varahi who is the commander in chief of Maa Lalitha's army. Varahi Upasana is part of the Krama Diksha of some of the schools of Sri Vidya. Ashada Navaratri is dedicated to Maa Varahi.

There are a lot of misconceptions about Tantras and so called magic. These have been created by the Purva Mimasa Brahmins who do not like Tantras because it does not believe in the caste system.

Yes, I agree that only the intent classifies them as black or white... but then there are dhur devadhaigal like "vata yatchini", "dhuma devi", "kateri" etc...

kutti-chathaan is also a devil power (not the sastha definition)... I have met some of these practitioners... they dont identity it with ayyappan...

BTW, why dont such people transmit the secret of these healings to subsequent generations so that the knowledge is not lost? Agreed that there has to be takers though...

Again there is nothing called black or white magic. This is a western term. Vashikaranam, Ucchatanam, Sthambanam, Maranam etc. are part of the mantra prayoga. The powers acquired are misused. That is all. Some of you might have seen a recent serial in Malayalam about Devi where the deity Varthali is portrayed as an evil goddess. This is the common misconception of Malyalees created by the brahmins. Varthali is another name for Maa Varahi who is the commander in chief of Maa Lalitha's army. Varahi Upasana is part of the Krama Diksha of some of the schools of Sri Vidya. Ashada Navaratri is dedicated to Maa Varahi.

It seems to be the fact that the "ugram" shown by the manifestations of the gods/goddesses translate themselves into thoughts and actions amongst their followers (mankind)... Siddhis of various ugra moorthis are attained thorugh animal sacrifices... (though not always required)... And hence, maybe these practices are tamasic/rajasic in nature compared to sattvic powers which are purely due to the devotion and love for the deity...

Also isn't ucchadanam, maranam, sthambanam and vaseekaranam a classification of the keralites? (I have read about this, but dont know about its origins)

There is no power recognized by Hinduism as devil power. It is a power. That is all. Yakshis, Pishchinis etc. are semi divine powers. With the help of mantras one can please them and get them to do what they want. But it has its own drawbacks also as most Mantrics know. Yakshis do protect people also and in some places are worshipped. Some of these powers also help in curing people.

Karnapiasachini is one power who is very helpful to Astrologers. Many astrologers do the Karnapishachini Mantra to get the power to help them.

Also isn't ucchadanam, maranam, sthambanam and vaseekaranam a classification of the keralites? (I have read about this, but dont know about its origins)

These are standard Mantric prayogas given in mantra Sasthras.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back