• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

I would introduce Gita in std 1: SC judge

Status
Not open for further replies.
[h=1] Gita is a universal book..Study should be made compulsory in all schools and colleges

But alas we will lost in the polemics of this decision...Opposing it and calling it saffronization is nothing but humbug ( & a real fraud on our country)

[/h]
Supreme Court judge Justice A R Dave today said that Indians should revert to their ancient traditions, and texts such as Mahabharata and Bhagwad Gita should be introduced to children at an early age.

"Our old tradition such as `Guru Shishya parampara' is lost, if it had been there, we would not have had all these problems (violence and terrorism) in our country," Justice Dave said, speaking at an international conference on `contemporary issues and challenges of human rights in the era of globalisation'.

"Now we see terrorism in countries. Most of the countries are democratic....If everybody in a democratic country is good then they would naturally elect somebody who is very good. And that person will never think of damaging anybody else," he said.

I live in USA. There is a clear separation of Church and State. The government schools are considered part of state and do not preach religion in school. Schools should not be used to divide children.

In private school they can teach any religion they want. It is true in India too.
judge:
Nothing more can undermine the certainty of justice than lack of impartiality. Thus the integrity of the administration of justice has been elevated as an ideal. Moreover the insistence has been upon a superior degree of integrity as compared with other branches of administration. Judicial administration has been surrounded with special safeguards. The modern state has striven to achieve a legal justice that should be far superior to its economic justice. In large measure it has succeeded. A judicial scandal is considered especially deplorable. The slightest hint of irregularity or impropriety in the courts is a cause for great anxiety and alarm. A legislator or an administrator may be found guilty of corruption without apparently endangering the foundations of the state but a judge must keep himself absolutely above suspicion. To speak of " the independence, impartiality and integrity of the judges and administration of justice has become almost a fetish." The courts/judges have now to realise that its sacrosanct nature, its high pedestal, its power of contempt will not save it if they are not fair, impartial and honest. The modern tendency is that the right to criticize judges be one of the safeguards to ensure very high standards of performance.

They can become activist like Katju after leaving the bench.
I am sorry Mr. A. R. Dave does not fit that mold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back