• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Rasam...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Try this out... maybe many would know this already, but just in case... (also, I like this very much):

Warm a little "Puli" with water, squeeze, filter and keep the "puli thannu" aside

Take 1 table spoon of "kothamalli vedhai", 1 table spoon of "kadala paruppu", "1 table spoon of "molagu" and 3 or 4 "vara molaga"

Fry the above with a little ghee...

Make into a fine paste (add a little water if necessary)

Mix this along with the "puli thannu" and heat it... add required salt (and "karuveppalai")

Meanwhile take 1 to 2 table spoons of "jeeragam" and mash it in the mixie (add plenty of water if necessary)

When the "puli thannu" has dried up a little, add the "jeera water" till your required quantity of rasam is met

Cut a couple of garlic and mash them slightly, then add them to the rasam

When it boils, remove from the flame... add "kothamalli" (and dont forget to add sesame seeds)...

P.S. To suit individual tastes, vara molaga/salt/puli/molaga quantities could be varied...

This rasam would be esp delicious when taken on a cloudy/chilly day...

Another variety... Quick rasam with lemon...

Cut Two tomatoes into small bits

Take 1.5 - 2 ltrs of water (depending on the quantity needed; tomatoes can also vary)

Put tomatoes in water, 1 table spoon of thovaram paruppu, karuvepalai leaves and let it to boil for some time until the raw smell of the tomatoes are gone

Add salt and Rasapodi (1 table spoon) and let it boil for some time...

Add 1 garlic, cut into bits and slightly mashed (optional)

Let it to boil on sim for some time - once done, take some ghee and fry jeera in it and put it in rasam (thalicchu kottanum)

Add coriander leaves - the rasam is done...

Just before having food, squeeze a lemon and mix its juice with the rasam... and enjoy...

This is very simple, quick and tasty...

chickny

1 can chick peas;1 medium size onion;1 medium size tomato;1 small potaetoe;salt;turmeric;garam masala;coriander powder;cummin powder;black pepper pwder;

Chop onion,tomatoe,potatoe.Keep 1/4 chopped onion seperate.Rest of chopping fry in i table spoon ghee.add salt,turmeric,coriander powder,cummin powder,garam masla,peper powder to taste.When the contents are well done,add water 1 1/2 cup boil,afetr 9 mins add chick peas,boil for 7 mins.Taste a bit .If found ok,add uncooked 1/4 onion chopped with coriander leaves and serve.can be eaten as it is or with rice or with chappathi or bread.

sb

Cut Two tomatoes into small bits

Take 1.5 - 2 ltrs of water (depending on the quantity needed; tomatoes can also vary)

Put tomatoes in water, 1 table spoon of thovaram paruppu, karuvepalai leaves and let it to boil for some time until the raw smell of the tomatoes are gone

Add salt and Rasapodi (1 table spoon) and let it boil for some time...

Add 1 garlic, cut into bits and slightly mashed (optional)

Let it to boil on sim for some time - once done, take some ghee and fry jeera in it and put it in rasam (thalicchu kottanum)

Add coriander leaves - the rasam is done...

Just before having food, squeeze a lemon and mix its juice with the rasam... and enjoy...

This is very simple, quick and tasty...
hi sesh sir,
here in usa .........now very cold......snowing continuously.......so
i thought for sooda mulagu rasam........i went local indian grocery
store and got peper rasam paste.......within 5 mins the real
mulagu rasam ready with hot.........the mtr brand available now...
i can feel my good olden days of coimbatore....

regards
tbs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back