• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

English translations of Stotras

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Ramachander

Dear Friends,
' I had a feeling for a long time that we are now having large number of youngsters
1.Who are more familiar with english
2,Who would prefer to know the meaning of what they are reciting.
This made me start the work of translations of stotras from english, tamil and Malayalam to english and post them in the web.So far I have translated 85 stotras which include several stotras including dasa sloki, Annapurnashtakam, Bhaja Govindam, Vaidhyanatha ashtakam, Several vedic prayers like Chamakam, Rudram etc and Parayana material like Sundra Kandam and Devi Mahatmyam. I have also done the great job of translating Abhirami Andathi in to english Andhathi.All these are available in my web site
www.geocities.com/ramya475/
Please do visit this web site.A word of caution.I am using the free web site option and so there is a downloadable limit every hour.So it is possible that you are not able to open it during certain times.Please try again after one hour.
I have also translated 23 Upanishads in to english to complete the yagna of
having the translation of all the 108 Upanishads.These are available in
www.celestel.org.
With pranams to every one.Ramachander

Ramachander

Pranams. What a noble work !!!

We are all indebted to you.

Ramki

Ramachander said:
Dear Friends,
' I had a feeling for a long time that we are now having large number of youngsters
1.Who are more familiar with english
2,Who would prefer to know the meaning of what they are reciting.
This made me start the work of translations of stotras from english, tamil and Malayalam to english and post them in the web.So far I have translated 85 stotras which include several stotras including dasa sloki, Annapurnashtakam, Bhaja Govindam, Vaidhyanatha ashtakam, Several vedic prayers like Chamakam, Rudram etc and Parayana material like Sundra Kandam and Devi Mahatmyam. I have also done the great job of translating Abhirami Andathi in to english Andhathi.All these are available in my web site
www.geocities.com/ramya475/
Please do visit this web site.A word of caution.I am using the free web site option and so there is a downloadable limit every hour.So it is possible that you are not able to open it during certain times.Please try again after one hour.
I have also translated 23 Upanishads in to english to complete the yagna of
having the translation of all the 108 Upanishads.These are available in
www.celestel.org.
With pranams to every one.Ramachander

Ramachanderji,

Wow! That's a lot of work! My many pranaams to you.

I am sure you can post some here and I am sure Praveenji would certainly support you. May I suggest that you start with Sri Rudhram?

Regards,
Anbu

Dear SriAnbu,
Thanks a lot.Once I get the clearance from SriPraveen, I would definitely send any of my translation to him.P.R.Ramachander

sita ram i am new here and just trying to strenghten my knowledge of hinduism, i read the work done by ramachnder and found it to be really really great of him to spread knowledge to all, i am from the caribbean island trinidad and worship in a mariamman temple, i really dont know much about tamil worship but i would be gratefull to any help i can get , thanks my email is [email protected]

Vanakkam Thiru Ramachander avarkaley,
I joined recently into this wonderful site !
Great work indeed , Translation and conveying the meanings , at a time,
what more can anyone expect !
But I have a question in mind , which u I feel can answer !
Having done such work , have u at any time felt that
some of these slokas have been merely created by superior humans (sages)
to remove the element of fear , within themselves !
Are u authorised to share ur views ?
Awaiting ur response ------ A Yajur vedic

English translation of stotras

Dear Friend,
Having read and understood(partially) great many stotras, I am of the opinion, that they were written in state of "God intoxication", and definitely not out of fear, Ramachander

Dear ramachander,
May God bless you with eternal bliss. You are doing such yeoman service not only to Brahmins but to humanity.
My humble salutations to you,
Suresh natarajan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back