• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Good Time Stories

Status
Not open for further replies.
A Box of Kisses

A man punished his 3-year-old daughter for wasting a roll of gold wrapping paper. Money was tight and he became infuriated when the child tried to decorate a box to put under the Christmas tree. Nevertheless, the little girl brought the gift to her father the next morning and said, “This is for you, Daddy.”

The man was embarrassed by his earlier overreaction, but his anger flared again when he found out the box was empty. He yelled at her, stating, “Don’t you know, when you give someone a present, there is supposed to be something inside? The little girl looked up at him with tears in her eyes and cried, “Oh, Daddy, it’s not empty at all. I blew kisses into the box. They’re all for you, Daddy.”

The father was crushed. He put his arms around his little girl, and he begged for her forgiveness.
Only a short time later, an accident took the life of the child. It is also told that her father kept that gold box by his bed for many years and, whenever he was discouraged, he would take out an imaginary kiss and remember the love of the child who had put it there.

We need to remember that while our words can help uplift and soothe a person’s soul…they can also be hurtful.

We need to be careful of “jumping to conclusions” and saying things that may hurt someone before knowing an entire situation. In a very real sense, each one of us, as humans beings, have been given a gold container filled with unconditional love and kisses… from our children, family members, friends, and God. There is simply no other possession, anyone could hold, more precious than this.

Child?s love | Good Time Stories

To be continued....

Request members to contribute moral and inspiring Stories in this Thread..

Thanks

So you’ve made a mistake. Who hasn’t?

So you’ve made a mistake. Who hasn’t?

A boy…leaned against the railing of a bridge and watched the current of the river below…sometimes the current went more swiftly and again slowly, but always the river flowed on under the bridge. Watching the river that day, the boy made a discovery. It is not a discovery of material thing, something he might put his hand upon. He could not even see it. He had discovered an idea. Quite suddenly, and yet quietly, he knew that everything in his life would someday pass under the bridge and be gone like water…And he didn’t worry unduly about his mistakes after that after that he certainly didn’t let them get him down, because it was water under the bridge.

Newz N Viewz: [nidokidos] So you've made a mistake. Who hasn't?

A Tornado

A Tornado

A tornado swept through a city in southwestern US doing great damage.

A mother there, confined to her bed because of paralysis, paralyzed from the waist down, at the height of the tornado became alarmed for her two small children in the next room. There was no one to help; the tornado was striking the house with force. Her limbs were assumed to be without power, but concern for the safety of her children was stronger than her limitations. Slowly she got out of bed and painfully made her way into adjoining room. Taking her babies in her arms, she walked with them out of the house. Love proved more powerful than the paralysis from which she had been told she might never recover.

Some people become paralyzed, not in their limbs, but in their thoughts. They accept limitations by saying, 'This is all I can do.'

But that depreciating self-appraisal is not the truth. You are greater than you are.

http://dilchaspp.blogspot.com/2014/04/nidokidos-so-you-made-mistake-who-hasn.html

This Too Shall Pass

This Too Shall Pass

Once upon a time there lived this Jewish king named Solomon (Suleiman). In a grumpy mood, he thought of teaching Benemiah Ben Yehoyada, his minister, a lesson. So he assigned to him a seemingly impossible task. He ordered Benemiah to find him a magic ring with extraordinary features. And that was - if you were happy and wore the ring, you would feel unhappy. And vice-versa. If you were joyous and wore it, you would feel absolutely sad.

Solomon gave him a six-month timeline for the search. Deep down in their hearts, both Solomon and Benemiah knew that such a ring did not exist in this universe. Benemiah prayed hard for a miracle. A little before the deadline was over, and having walked all over for such a ring, he decided to go to one of the poorest places in Jerhusalem.

There he saw an old merchant who was spreading out his goods on a carpet. Benemiah was quite intrigued. He thought, “Let me take a chance with him.” Therefore, he asked the merchant whether he had a magic ring that could make a happy person forget his happiness and a sad person forget his sorrow. The merchant smiled. He took a gold ring from his wares and etched four words on it. Benemiah took the gold ring. When he read the inscription, he was extremely happy. He felt that his mission was accomplished. He went back to Solomon.

Solomon and all his ministers began making a mockery of Benemiah, teasing him as he would have returned empty-handed. Benemiah smiled and offered the gold ring to His Majesty. As soon as Solomon read what was written, he stopped teasing. The words were “this too shall pass”. Suddenly, Solomon felt that everything in life was ephemeral, and nothing lasts forever.

Even This Will Pass Away

Read, Reflect, Resolve: This Too Shall Pass

The Three Questions – Akbar & Birbal

The Three Questions – Akbar & Birbal

akbar-birbal-questions.jpg

King Akbar was very fond of Birbal. This made a certain courtier very jealous. Now this courtier always wanted to be chief minister, but this was not possible as Birbal filled that position. One day Akbar praised Birbal in front of the courtier. This made the courtier very angry and he said that the king praised Birbal unjustly and if Birbal could answer three of his questions, he would accept the fact that Birbal was intelligent. Akbar always wanting to test Birbals wit readily agreed.

The three questions were

1. How many stars are there in the sky
2. Where is the centre of the Earth and
3. How many men and how many women are there in the world.

Immediately Akbar asked Birbal the three questions and informed him that if he could not answer them, he would have to resign as chief minister.

To answer the first question, Birbal brought a hairy sheep and said, “There are as many stars in the sky as there is hair on the sheep’s body. My friend the courtier is welcome to count them if he likes.”

To answer the second question, Birbal drew a couple of lines on the floor and bore an iron rod in it and said, “this is the center of the Earth, the courtier may measure it himself if he has any doubts.”

In answer to the third question, Birbal said, “Counting the exact number of men and women in the world would be a problem as there are some specimens like our courtier friend here who cannot easily be classified as either. Therefore if all people like him are killed, then and only then can one count the exact number.”
Moral: There is Always a Way.
The Three Questions - Akbar & Birbal - Moral Stories - Moral Story

The Angel of Death

The Angel of Death

When the angel of death came to Joe Smith, to accompany him to his real home, Joe dismissively responded “I am not ready to die as I have so much left to do. Do you mind coming back later?” the Angel replied, sorry your time is up and we must leave now.
Joe enquired, “don’t you know who I am? I am Joe Smith, one of the richest men in the world. The Angel nodded “I know all about you as I do everyone else; now hurry along, Let’s go.” Joe pleaded; “if I were to give you 10% of my fortune, which is over a billion dollars, will you turn a blind eye and return a year later?” the Angel shook his head and replied, “you don’t seem to understand Joe. It is time to go” For the next few moments, Joe tried his best to negotiate with the angel giving away more of his fortune for lesser time. He finally succumbed and offered “if I were to give you all my fortune, which is 10 billion dollars, will you give me 5 minutes so that I can call my wife and children and tell them that I love them? I have never told them this and it is very important to me that they know how I feel about them.

I also need to seek forgiveness from 2 people that I have hurt the most. All I ask is 5 minutes!” the Angel paused and looked at Joe curiously and asked, “how long did it take you to make your 10 billion dollars?” Joe replied, “30 years my friend - it took me a whole 30 years - it’s a great deal in exchange for 5 minutes, take it - you will never have to work another day in your life. “

The Angel shook his head and said “I really do not understand you human beings! If you are willing to give up 30 years of your lives’ work for 5 minutes, then why did you not make the most of every minute while you had it? How did you value your time? Where were your priorities? Why did you not say or do the things that really mattered?” The lights went off a second later, Joe was gone. His 10 billion dollars could not buy him the time to do what really mattered.
Time! Your most precious invaluable resource!

Spirituality: The Angel of Death

The Bird that Talked

The Bird that Talked

There is an old story about a fellow who lived alone and went to a pet store to buy a parrot. He thought the bird might fill some of his lonely hours. The very next day, however, he came back to complain, "That bird doesn't talk."

The store owner asked if he had a mirror in its cage, and the man said he didn't. "Oh, parrots love mirrors," he explained. "When he sees his reflection in the mirror, he'll just start talking away." So he sold him a birdcage mirror.

The bird owner was back the next day to gripe that his parrot still hadn't said a word. "That's very peculiar," allowed the pet expert. "How about a swing? Birds really love these little swings, and a happy parrot is a talkative parrot." So the man bought a swing, took it home, and installed it in the cage.

But he was back the next day with the same story. "Does he have a ladder to climb?" the salesman asked. "That just has to be the problem. Once he has a
ladder, he'll probably talk your ear off!" So the fellow bought a ladder.

The man was back at the pet store when it opened the next day. From the look on his face, the owner knew something was wrong. "Didn't your parrot like
the ladder?" he asked. His repeat customer looked up and said, "The parrot died."

"I'm so sorry," the stunned businessman said. "Did he ever say anything?"

"Well, yes. He finally talked just before he died. In a weak little voice, he asked me, "Don't they sell any bird seed at that pet store?'"

Some of us have mistakenly thought that happiness consists of lining our cages with toys, gadgets, and other stuff. Excessive consumption has become the hallmark of our life. "Whoever has the most toys wins" seems to be the likely candidate to be the bumper sticker for an entire culture. But is it so?

There is a spiritual hunger in the human heart that can't be satisfied by seeing one's own image reflected back in vanity mirrors, playing with our grown-up toys, or climbing the corporate ladder. Our hearts need real nourishment.The love of family and friends,relationships over the pursuit of more things, personal integrity, a secure connection to God --these are the things that feed the soul.

Have you chosen a life course that leads to a destination that matters?

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups...tions/messages/6792?act=reply&messageNum=6792

கண்ணனின் பக்தன் சூர்தாஸ் –

கண்ணனின் பக்தன் சூர்தாஸ் –

கண்ணனின் பக்தன் சூர்தாஸ் பக்த சூர்தாஸ் ஓர் அந்தணர் அவர் கண்ணனிடம் அளவு கடந்த பக்தி கொண்டவர். அவருக்கு அருள் புரிய கண்ணன் அவர்முன் காட்சியளித்து அவருக்கு தன்னைப் பார்க்கும் சக்தியைக் கொடுத்தார். கண்திறந்து ஆசைதீர கண்ணனைப் பார்த்து மகிழ்ந்தார் சூர்தாஸ்.

உங்களுக்கு என்ன வரம் வேண்டும்? கேளுங்கள் நான் அளிக்கிறேன் என்றான் கண்ணன். சுவாமி உங்களைத் தரிசனம் செய்தாகிவிட்டது. இனி எனக்கு வேறு என்ன வேண்டும்? இந்த திவ்ய சொரூபத்தை நெஞ்சில் நிறுத்திக்கொண்டு நான் என் வாழ்நாளைக் கடத்திவிடுவேன். தங்களைத் தரிசித்த கண்களால் நான் வேறு யாரையும் பார்க்க விரும்பவில்லை. அதனால் என்னை மீண்டும் குருடனாக்கி விடுங்கள். அதுவே நான் வேண்டும் வரம் என்றார்.

சூர்தாஸின் வேண்டுகோளின்படி மீண்டும் அவரைக் குருடனாக்கிவிட்டு கண்ணன் மறைந்தார். சூர்தாஸ் கண்ணன் வாழும் பிருந்தாவனத்திற்குப் போய்வர விரும்பினார். யாருடைய துணையுமின்றி தானே நடந்து செல்லத் தொடங்கினார். இதை உணர்ந்து கொண்டார் கண்ணன். அவருக்குத் தெரியாமல் அவரைப் பின்தொடர்ந்து வந்தார்.

சூர்தாஸ் ஒரு பெரிய பள்ளத்தின் ஓரத்திற்கு வந்துவிட்டார். அடுத்த அடியை எடுத்து வைத்தால் அவர் பள்ளத்தில் விழுந்து விடுவார். பெரியவரே நில்லுங்கள்! மேலே செல்ல வேண்டாம் என்று குரல் கொடுத்தார் கண்ணன் ஏனப்பா? நான் பிருந்தாவனத்திற்கு போகவேண்டுமே என்று சொன்னார் சூர்தாஸ்.

ஐயோ, அடுத்த அடியை எடுத்து வைத்தால் நீங்கள் பெரும் பள்ளத்தில் விழுந்து விடுவீர்கள். அதற்காகத் தான் தடுத்தேன் என்றான் கண்ணன், எனக்கு எப்போதும் கண்ணன் துணையிருக்கிறான். எனக்கு எந்தவித ஆபத்தும் நேராது. ஆயினும் நீ சொன்னபடி கேட்கிறேன் நீ யார்? நான் தெரிந்து கொள்ளலாமா? என்று கேட்டார் சூர்தாஸ். என் பெயர் கோபாலன். நான் இங்கே மாடுகளை மேய்க்கின்றவன் என்றார் கண்ணன்.

கண்ணனின் இனிய குரல் சூர்தாஸூக்கு புரிந்துவிட்டது. எவ்வாறாயினும் கண்ணனைத் தன் பிடியில் சிக்கவைக்க வேண்டும் என்று தீர்மானித்துக் கொண்டார் இறைவனை சிக்கென பிடிப்பதல்லவா பக்தர்களின் நோக்கம். கண்ணனும் இதைப் புரிந்துகொண்டான்.

அப்பனே நீ என்னுடன் பிருந்தாவனம் வரை துணை வருவாயா? என்று கேட்டார் சூர்தாஸ். அது எப்படி முடியும் என்னுடைய மாடுகளை யார் பார்த்துக் கொள்வது வேண்டுமானால் பிருந்தாவனச்சாலை வரை உங்களைக் கொண்டுபோய் விட்டுவிட்டு வருகிறேன் என்றார் கண்ணன். சூர்தாஸ் ஒப்புக்கொண்டார்.

இந்தக் குச்சியின் மறுமுனையை பிடித்துக் கொள்ளுங்கள் என்று சாமர்த்தியமாகப் பேசினார் கண்ணன். ஆனால் சூர்தாஸ், நான் தள்ளாடி நடப்பவன் உனது கையைக் கொடுத்து உதவக்கூடாதா என்று தந்திரமாகக் கேட்டார். சுவாமி அது முடியாது. மாடுகள் திசை திரும்பிச் சென்றால் உடனே விட்டுவிட்டு ஓடிச் சென்றுவர நான் தயாராக இருக்க வேண்டும். குச்சியை வேண்டுமானால் பிடித்துக் கொள்ளுங்கள் என்றார் கண்ணன். வேறுவழியின்றி ஒப்புக்கொண்டு பயணத்தைத் தொடர்ந்தார் சூர்தாஸ்.

கண்ணனை எப்படியாவது பிடித்து விடவேண்டும் என்ற சிந்தனையுடனேயே கண்ணனின் திருநாமத்தைச் சொல்லி இனிமையாக பஜனை செய்துகொண்டு வந்தார். அதில் மகிழ்ந்து மெய்மறந்து போனார் கண்ணன். சூர்தாஸ் மெல்ல மெல்ல தடவித் தடவி கண்ணனின் கையை இறுகப் பிடித்துக்கொண்டார். கண்ணன் திடுக்கிட்டுப் போனான், என்னை விட்டுவிடுங்கள் என்று கூவினான்.

கண்ண பெருமானே! எப்படி நீங்கள் விடுவித்துக் கொண்டு போக முடியும்? நான் உங்கள் கையை வேண்டுமானாலும் விட்டு விடலாம். ஆனால் என்றோ நான் உங்களை என் இதயத்தில் சிறை வைத்துவிட்டேனே! என்றார் சூர்தாஸ்.

கண்ணன் சூர்தாஸை மகிழ்ச்சியோடு கட்டி அணைத்துக் கொண்டார்

Source:Jayalakshmi Krishnnamurthy

Three Questions

Three Questions

King Akbar was very fond of Birbal. This made a certain courtier very jealous. Now this courtier always wanted to be chief minister, but this was not possible as Birbal filled that position. One day Akbar praised Birbal in front of the courtier. This made the courtier very angry and he said that the king praised Birbal unjustly and if Birbal could answer three of his questions, he would accept the fact that Birbal was intelligent. Akbar always wanting to test Birbals wit readily agreed.

The three questions were

1. How many stars are there in the sky
  2. Where is the centre of the Earth and
  3. How many men and how many women are there in the world.

Immediately Akbar asked Birbal the three questions and informed him that if he could not answer them, he would have to resign as chief minister.

To answer the first question, Birbal brought a hairy sheep and said, There are as many stars in the sky as there is hair on the sheeps body. My friend the courtier is welcome to count them if he likes.

To answer the second question, Birbal drew a couple of lines on the floor and bore an iron rod in it and said, this is the center of the Earth, the courtier may measure it himself if he has any doubts.

In answer to the third question, Birbal said, Counting the exact number of men and women in the world would be a problem as there are some specimens like our courtier friend here who cannot easily be classified as either. Therefore if all people like him are killed, then and only then can one count the exact number.

Moral: There is Always a Way

The Three Questions - Akbar & Birbal - Moral Stories - Moral Story

எப்படி அக்கரைக்குப் போவது?

ஆற்றில் வெள்ளம் கரை புரண்டு ஓடுகிறது.

இக்கரையில் இரண்டு பேர் நின்று கொண்டிருக்கிறார்கள்.
ஓடம் இல்லை.

இந்த நேரத்தில் ஒரு காளை மாடு அங்கே வந்தது.

அதுவும் அக்கரைக்குப் போக வேண்டும்.

ஆனாலும் அதற்கு ஓடம் எதுவும் தேவைப்படவில்லை.
அப்படியே ஆற்றில் பாய்ந்தது... நீந்த ஆரம்பித்தது.
மறைந்தாலும் மறையாதது இவர் கூறிய கதை:

இதைப் பார்த்த இரண்டு பேரில் ஒருத்தன் குபீர் என்று ஆற்றில்
குதித்தான்.

அந்தக் காளை மாட்டின் வாலைக் கெட்டியாகப் பிடித்துக் கொண்டான்.

காளை மாடு சுலபமாக அவனை இழுத்துச் சென்று அக்கரையில் சேர்த்துவிட்டது.
அடுத்தவன் பார்த்தான். நமக்கு ஒரு ‘வால்’
கிடைக்காதா என்று எதிர்பார்த்தான்.

இந்த நேரம் ஒரு நாய் வந்து ஆற்றில் குதித்தது.

இதுதான் நேரம் என்று இவனும் ஆற்றில் விழுந்து அந்த நாயின்
வாலைப் பிடித்துக் கொண்டான்.

இந்த மனிதனையும் இழுத்துக் கொண்டு நாயால் ஆற்றில் நீந்த முடியவில்லை.
திணறியது.

ஒரு கட்டத்தில் நாய், ‘வாள்... வாள்’ என்று கத்த ஆரம்பித்து விட்டது.

விளைவு _ இருவருமே ஆற்று நீர் போகும் திசையிலேயே மிதந்து போய்க் கொண்டிருக்கிறார்கள்.

அவர்கள் போக வேண்டியதிசை வேறு.
போய்க் கொண்டிருக்கிற திசை வேறு.

கரை சேர நினைக்கிற மனிதர்களின் கதை இது.

சிலர்,கரையிலேயே நின்று விடுகிறார்கள்.

சிலர் காளையின் வாலைப்பிடித்துக் கொள்கிறார்கள்.

சிலர் நாயின் வாலைப் பற்றிக்கொள்கிறார்கள்.

ஆன்மிகம் என்ன சொல்கிறது தெரியுமா?

நீங்கள் கரை சேர விரும்புகிறீர்களா?

அப்படியானால் எதையும் பற்றிக் கொள்ளாதீர்கள்.

ஏற்கெனவே பற்றிக் கொண்டிருப்பதை எல்லாம் விட்டு விடுங்கள்!

ஆற்றின் நடுவே கம்பளி மூட்டை ஒன்று மிதந்து செல்கிறது.
உள்ளே ஏதாவது பொருள் இருக்கும் என்கிற
ஆசையில் ஒருத்தன் நீந்திச் சென்று அதைப் பற்றுகிறான்.

நீண்ட நேரம் ஆகியும் கரை திரும்பவில்லை.
நடு ஆற்றில் போராடிக் கொண்டிருக்கிறான். கரையில் நின்று கொண்டிருக்கிற நண்பர்கள் கத்துகிறார்கள்...

‘‘நண்பா...
கம்பளி மூட்டையை இழுத்துக் கொண்டு உன்னால் வர
முடியவில்லை என்றால் பரவாயில்லை...
அதை விட்டுவிடு!’’ ஆற்றின் நடுவே இருந்து அவன்
அலறுகிறான்: ‘‘நான் இதை எப்பவோ விட்டுட்டேன்...

இப்ப இதுதான் என்னை விடமாட்டேங்குது.

ஏன்னா,
இது கம்பளி மூட்டை இல்லே.

கரடிக் குட்டி!’’

தவறாகப் பற்றுகிறவர்கள்
தடுமாறிப் போகிறார்கள்.

சரியாகப் பற்றுகிறவர்கள்
கரையேறி விடுகிறார்கள்.

பற்றையே விடுகிறவர்கள்
கடவுளாகி விடுகிறார்கள்!

Enhance Life: Smile of God! (???????? ????????)

Dear P J Sir,

Had the time to read all the stories in one go! Thanks for sharing. Some are new to me. :)

But Akbar - Birbal story is repeated twice! So please make a note of the stories already posted here.

தவறாகப் பற்றுகிறவர்கள்
தடுமாறிப் போகிறார்கள்.

சரியாகப் பற்றுகிறவர்கள்
கரையேறி விடுகிறார்கள்.

பற்றையே விடுகிறவர்கள்

கடவுளாகி விடுகிறார்கள்!
​''பற்றுக பற்றற்றான் பற்றினை அப்பற்றைப்
பற்றுக பற்று விடற்கு.''(குறள் - 350)

பற்றுக (பிடித்துக் கொள்க); பற்றற்றான் (ஆசைகள் இல்லாதவனின் - ​இறைவனின்)

பற்றினை (பாதங்களை); அப்பற்றை (அந்தப் பாதங்களை)

பற்றுக (பிடித்துக் கொள்க); பற்று (ஆசை); விடற்கு (விடுவதற்கு)

ஒரு கருத்து: ஆசைகளை விடுவதற்கு, ஆசைகள் இல்லாத இறைவனின் பாதங்களைப் பிடியுங்கள்.

இன்னொரு கருத்து: எதிலும் பற்றில்லாதவராக யார் இருக்கிறாரோ, அவரிடம் மட்டும் பற்றுக் கொள்ள வேண்டும்.

துறவறத்தினர் தம் பற்றுகளை விட்டொழிப்பதற்கு அத்தகையோரிடம் கொள்ளும் பற்றுதான் துணை நிற்கும்.

Raji Madam

Thanks for pointing out repeated posts, i had to be careful

In Music Folder, I am searching and posting many, there are chances of repeating the same Music there too.

I also search for Interesting matter, and most of my morning time is spent up like this.

Temple Stores gives me the maximum satisfaction as i also learn about various Temples while searching.

Apart from General Section, my presence is every where!!!

The Triple-Filter Test

The Triple-Filter Test

In ancient Greece, Socrates was reputed to hold knowledge in high esteem. One day an acquaintance met the great philosopher and said, "Do you know what I just heard about your friend?"

"Hold on a minute," Socrates replied. "Before you talk to me about my friend, it might be good idea to take a moment and filter what you’re going to say. That’s why I call it the triple filter test. The first filter is Truth. Have you made absolutely sure that what you are about to tell me is true?"

"Well, no," the man said, "actually I just heard about it and…"

"All right," said Socrates. "So you don’t really know if it’s true or not. Now, let’s try the second filter, the filter of Goodness. Is what you are about to tell me about my friend something good?"

"Umm, no, on the contrary…"

"So," Socrates continued, "you want to tell me something bad about my friend, but you’re not certain it’s true. You may still pass the test though, because there’s one filter left—the filter of Usefulness. Is what you want to tell me about my friend going to be useful to me?"

"No, not really."

"Well," concluded Socrates, "if what you want to tell me is neither true, nor good, nor even useful, why tell it to me at all?"

The Triple-Filter Test

The Love of a Brother

The Love of a Brother

I was born in a secluded village on a mountain. Day after day, my parents plowed the yellow dry soil with their backs towards the sky.

One day, I wanted to buy a handkerchief, which all girls around me seemed to have. So, one day I stole 50 cents from my father's drawer. Father discovered about the stolen money right away.

'Who stole the money?' he asked my brother and me.

I was stunned, too afraid to talk. Neither of us admitted to the fault, so he said, 'Fine, if nobody wants to admit, you both should be punished!' Suddenly, my younger brother gripped Father's hand and said, 'Dad, I was the one who did it!' He took the blame, and punishment, for me.

In the middle of the night, all of sudden, I cried out loudly. My brother covered my mouth with his little hand and said, 'Sis, now don't cry anymore. Everything has happened.' I will never forget my brother's expression when he protected me. That year, my brother was 8 years old and I was 11 years old. I still hate myself for not having enough courage to admit what I did. Years went by, but the incident still seemed like it just happened yesterday.

When my brother was in his last year of secondary school, he was accepted in an upper secondary school in the central part of town. At the same time, I was accepted into a university in the province.

That night, Father squatted in the yard, smoking packet by packet. I could hear him ask my mother, 'Both of our children, they have good results? Very good results?'

Mother wiped off her tears and sighed, 'What is the use? How can we possibly finance both of them?'
At that time, my brother walked out, he stood in front of Father and said, 'Dad, I don't want to continue my study anymore, I have read enough books.' Father became angry.

'Why do you have a spirit so weak? Even if it means I have to beg for money on the streets, I will send you two to school until you have both finished your studies!' And then, he started to knock on every house in the village to borrow money.

I stuck out my hand as gently as I could to my brother's face, and told him, 'A boy has to continue his study. If not, he will not be able to overcome this poverty we are experiencing.' I, on the other hand, had decided not to further my study at the university.

Nobody knew that on the next day, before dawn, my brother left the house with a few pieces of worn-out clothes and a few dry beans. He sneaked to my side of the bed and left a note on my pillow; 'Sis, getting into a university is not easy. I will go find a job and I will send money to you.' I held the note while sitting on my bed, and cried until I lost my voice.

With the money father borrowed from the whole village, and the money my brother earned from carrying cement on his back at a construction site, finally, I managed to get to the third year of my study in the university. That year, my brother was 17 years old; I was 20 years old.

One day, while I was studying in my room, my roommate came in and told me, 'There's a villager waiting for you outside!' Why would there be a villager looking for me? I walked out, and I saw my brother from afar. His whole body was covered with dirt, dust, cement and sand. I asked him, 'Why did you not tell my roommate that you are my brother?'

He replied with a smile, 'Look at my appearance. What will they think if they would know that I am your brother? Won't they laugh at you?'

I felt so touched, and tears filled my eyes. I swept away dirt and dust from my brother's body. And told him with a lump in my throat, 'I don't care what people would say! You are my brother no matter what your appearance.'
From his pocket, he took out a butterfly hair clip. He put it on my hair and said, 'I saw all the girls in town are wearing it. I think you should also have one.' I could not hold back myself anymore. I pulled my brother into my arms and cried. That year, my brother was 20 years old; I was 23 years old.

After I got married, I lived in the city. Many times my husband invited my parents to come and live with us, but they didn't want. They said once they left the village, they wouldn't know what to do. My brother agreed with them. He said, 'Sis, you just take care of your parents-in-law. I will take care of Mom and Dad here.'

My husband became the directors of his factory. We asked my brother to accept the offer of being the manager in the maintenance department. But my brother rejected the offer. He insisted on working as a repairman instead for a start.

One day, my brother was on the top of a ladder repairing a cable, when he got electrocuted, and was sent to the hospital. My husband and I visited him at the hospital. Looking at the plaster cast on his leg, I grumbled, 'Why did you reject the offer of being a manager? Managers won't do something dangerous like that. Now look at you - you are suffering a serious injury. Why didn't you just listen to us?'

With a serious expression on his face, he defended his decision, 'Think of your brother-in-law, he just became the director. If I, being uneducated, would become a manager, what kind of rumors would fly around?'

My husband's eyes filled up with tears, and then I said, 'But you lack in education only because of me!'
'Why do you talk about the past?' he said and then he held my hand. That year, he was 26 years old and I was 29 years old.

My brother was 30 years old when he married a farmer girl from the village. During the wedding reception, the master of ceremonies asked him, 'Who is the one person you respect and love the most?'

Without even taking a time to think, he answered,' My sister.' He continued by telling a story I could not even remember. 'When I was in primary school, the school was in a different village. Everyday, my sister and I would walk for 2 hours to school and back home. One day, I lost one of my gloves. My sister gave me one of hers. She wore only one glove and she had to walk far. When we got home, her hands were trembling because of the cold weather. She could not even hold her chopsticks. From that day on, I swore that as long as I lived, I would take care of my sister and would always be good to her.'

Applause filled up the room. All guests turned their attention to me. I found it hard to speak, 'In my whole life, the one I would like to thank most is my brother,' And in this happy occasion, in front of the crowd, tears were rolling down my face again.

Love and care for the one you love every single day of your life. You may think what you did is just a small deed, but to that someone, it may mean a lot.

Your Inspirational Stories | The Love of a Brother | Values - Pass It On

The World is Mine

Author Unknown

Today, upon a bus, I saw a very beautiful woman and wished I were as beautiful.
When suddenly she rose to leave, I saw her hobble down the aisle.
She had one leg and used a crutch. But as she passed, she passed a smile.
Oh, God, forgive me when I whine. I have two legs; the world is mine.

I stopped to buy some candy. The lad who sold it had such charm.
I talked with him, he seemed so glad. If I were late, it’d do no harm.
And as I left, he said to me, “I thank you, you’ve been so kind.
It’s nice to talk with folks like you. You see,” he said, “I’m blind.”
Oh, God, forgive me when I whine. I have two eyes; the world is mine.

Later while walking down the street, I saw a child I knew.
He stood and watched the others play, but he did not know what to do.
I stopped a moment and then I said, “Why don’t you join them dear?”
He looked ahead without a word. I forgot, he couldn’t hear.
Oh, God, forgive me when I whine. I have two ears; the world is mine.

With feet to take me where I’d go…
With eyes to see the sunset’s glow.
With ears to hear what I’d know.
Oh, God, forgive me when I whine.

I’ve been blessed indeed, the world is mine.
If this poem makes you feel thankful, just forward it to your friends.
After all, it’s just a simple reminder that we have so much to be thankful for!
Give the gift of love. It never comes back empty!

I have been truly blessed with
AWESOME FRIENDS!

The World is Mine | José Ramos-Horta

The Teacher, The Students and The Potatoes

The Teacher, The Students and The Potatoes

A kindergarten teacher decided to let her class play a game.

The teacher told each child in the class to bring along a plastic bag containing a few potatoes.

Each potato will be given a name of a person that the child hates.

So the number of potatoes that a child will put in his/her plastic bag will depend on the number of people he/she hates.

So when the day came, each child brought some potatoes with the name of the people he/she hated. Some had 2 potatoes; some 3 while some up to 5 potatoes. The teacher then told the children to carry with them the potatoes in the plastic bag wherever they go (even to the toilet) for 1 week.

Days after days passed by, and the children started to complain due to the unpleasant smell let out by the rotten potatoes. Besides, those having 5 potatoes also had to carry heavier bags. After 1 week, the children were relieved because the game had finally ended....

The teacher asked: "How did you feel while carrying the potatoes with you for 1 week?". The children let out their frustrations and started complaining of the trouble that they had to go through having to carry the heavy and smelly potatoes wherever they go. [short story]

Then the teacher told them the hidden meaning behind the game. The teacher said: "This is exactly the situation when you carry your hatred for somebody inside your heart. The stench of hatred will contaminate your heart and you will carry it with you wherever you go.

If you cannot tolerate the smell of rotten potatoes for just 1 week, can you imagine what is it like to have the stench of hatred in your heart for your lifetime???"

http://www.dailytenminutes.com/2014/05/story-teacher-students-and-potatoes.html

Story: Alphabet For Blinds

Story: Alphabet For Blinds

image001.jpg
image002.jpg

Braille was 10 years old when he was sent to a special boarding school for the blind. He was both intelligent and creative and wasn't going to let his disability slow him down.

The books for the blinds had large letters that were raised up off the page. Since the letters were so big, the books themselves were large and bulky. It took him a long time to read a sentence. By the time he reached the end of a sentence, he almost forgot what the beginning of the sentence was about. Louis knew there must be a better way.

By the time Louis Braille was 12, something important happened. A soldier visited the school and showed children the military code called "night writing" which was used by soldiers to communicate after dark. It was based on dots system. Each dot or combination of dots stood for a letter or a phonetic sound. This was a very complicated system, but it inspired Louis Braille to develop a six-dot system for the blind.

On his next vacation home, he sat in his father's leather shop and picked up one of his father's blunt awls. The idea came to him in a flash. Louis used the blunt awl to punch out a sentence using dots. He read it quickly from left to right. Everything made sense. It worked.

He worked on this system of six raised dots in different combinations, each combination corresponding to a letter of the alphabet. Because there were fewer dots, they could be "read" with one finger-tip. Soon the benefits of the new system were realized. Today, Braille is used in almost every country in the world.

It is not an exaggeration to say that Braille is one of the most important innovations in history. True it does not affect the majority of people, but for anybody who has too poor eye-sight to read normal text, it is a vital link to the outside world.

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/pindi-islamabad/jIpeI5B-lR0

[h=1]The Law of the Garbage Truck[/h]
grbtrck.jpg

One day I hopped in a taxi and we took off for the airport.

We were driving in the right lane when suddenly a black car jumped out of a parking space right in front of us.

My taxi driver slammed on his brakes, skidded, and missed the other car by just inches! The driver of the other car whipped his head around and started yelling at us. My taxi driver just smiled and waved at the guy. And I mean, he was really friendly. So I asked, ‘Why did you just do that? This guy almost ruined your car and sent us to the hospital!’
This is when my taxi driver taught me what I now call, ‘The Law of the Garbage Truck.’

He explained that many people are like garbage trucks. They run around full of garbage, full of frustration, full of anger, and full of disappointment. As their garbage piles up, they need a place to dump it, and sometimes they’ll dump it on you. Don’t take it personally. Just smile, wave, wish them well, and move on. Don’t take their garbage and spread it to other people at work, at home, or on the streets.

The bottom line is that successful people do not let garbage trucks take over their day.

Life’s too short to wake up in the morning with regrets, so…Love the people who treat you right. Pray for the ones who don’t. Life is ten percent what you make it and ninety percent how you take it!

Have a blessed, garbage-free day.

- D.J. Pollay

The Law of The Garbage Truck

Self Confidence

Self Confidence

Self_Confidence_Story_001.jpg

The business executive was deep in debt and could see no way out. Creditors were closing in on him. Suppliers were demanding payment. He sat on the park bench, head in hands, wondering if anything could save his company from bankruptcy.

Suddenly an old man appeared before him. “I can see that something is troubling you,” he said. After listening to the executive’s woes, the old man said, “I believe I can help you.” He asked the man his name, wrote out a check, and pushed it into his hand saying, “Take this money. Meet me here exactly one year from today, and you can pay me back at that time.” Then he turned and disappeared as quickly as he had come.

The business executive saw in his hand a check for $500,000, signed by John D. Rockefeller, then one of the richest men in the world! “I can erase my money worries in an instant!” he realized. But instead, the executive decided to put the uncashed check in his safe.

Just knowing it was there might give him the strength to work out a way to save his business. With renewed optimism, he negotiated better deals and extended terms of payment. He closed several big sales. Within a few months, he was out of debt and making money once again.

Exactly one year later, he returned to the park with the uncashed check. At the agreed-upon time, the old man appeared. But just as the executive was about to hand back the check and share his success story, a nurse came running up and grabbed the old man.

“I’m so glad I caught him!” she cried. “I hope he hasn’t been bothering you. He’s always escaping from the rest home and telling people he’s John D. Rockefeller.” And she led the old man away by the arm.

The astonished executive just stood there, stunned. All year long he’d been wheeling and dealing, buying and selling, convinced he had half a million dollars behind him. Suddenly, he realized that it wasn’t the money, real or imagined, that had turned his life around. It was his newfound self-confidence that gave him the power to achieve anything he went after.

As nice as this story is, I doubt if it is actually true. However, like a lot of fables, it makes a great common sense point about career success. If you believe in yourself and your success, you are likely find ways to make that belief come true. Think about it.

If you want to become self confident you need to do five things.

1) Become an optimist. Learn from, and then forget yesterday’s mistakes. Focus on tomorrow’s achievements.

2) Face your fears and take action. Action cures fear. Procrastination and inaction compound it. Failure is rarely fatal. Do something, anything that will move you closer to achieving your goals.

3) Surround yourself with positive people. Build a network of supportive friends. Jettison the negative people in your life.

4) Find a mentor. A strong mentor will help build your confidence and guide you along the way. Mentors are positive people by definition – because they are willing to share their knowledge and experience to help others grow and succeed.

5) Become a mentor. It’s never too early to begin helping others. You have learned things that can greatly benefit others. Be willing to share what you’ve learned to help others from having to learn it the hard way – through personal experience.

Career Success Rule #5 | Bud Bilanich

இதுவும் கடந்து போகும்

இதுவும் கடந்து போகும்

ஒரு மன்னர் தன் நாட்டிற்கு வந்த துறவியை நன்கு உபசரித்து அவருக்குத் தேவையான பணிவிடைகளை எல்லாம் கொடுத்து அவரை மனம் குளிர வைத்தார்.

துறவி கிளம்பும்போது... மன்னரின் கையில் ஒரு சீட்டைக் கொடுத்து, இதில் ஒரு மந்திரம் எழுதியுள்ளேன். இதனை உனக்கு கடுமையான துன்பம் வரும் நேரத்திலோ அல்லது இன்பமான நேரத்திலோ மட்டும் எடுத்துப் பார்.

மற்ற நேரங்களில் எடுத்துப் பார்த்துவிட்டால் இந்த மந்திரம் பலனளிக்காது என்று கூறிவிட்டுச் சென்றுவிட்டார்.

பல காலங்கள் கழிந்தன. அப்போது,

ஆ ஈன, மழை பொழிய, இல்லம் வீழ
அகத்தடியாள் மெய் நோக, அடிமை சாக
மா ஈரம் போகுதென்று விதை கொண்டோட
வழியிலே கடன்காரன் மறித்துக் கொள்ளச்
சாவோலை கொண்டொருவன் எதிரே செல்லத்
தள்ளவொண்ணா விருந்து வரச், சர்ப்பம் தீண்டக்
கோவேந்தர் உழுதுண்ட கடமை கேட்டுக்
குருக்கள் வந்து தட்சணை கொடு என்றாரே!

இ‌ந்த பாட‌லி‌ன் பொரு‌ள்... ''பசுவானது கன்று போட, பெரும் மழை பொழிய, வீடு இடிந்து விழ, வீட்டுக்காரி உடல் நலமின்றி வருந்த, வேலைக்காரன் இறந்து போக, நிலத்தில் ஈரம் காய்ந்து விடுமே என்று விதை நெல்லைச் சுமந்தொருவன் விரைவாகச் செல்லும் வேளை; கடன்காரன் வழி மறிக்க, சாவு சேதி கொண்டு ஒருவன் எதிரே வர, காலில் பாம்பு கடிக்க, தவிர்க்க முடியாத முக்கியமான விருந்தினர் வந்து சேர, வரி செலுத்தக்கோரி மணியக்காரர் நிர்ப்பந்திக்க, என்ன செய்வது? எப்படி சமாளிப்பது? என்று தவித்துக் கொண்டி‌ரு‌ந்த வேலை‌யி‌ல் - புரோகிதர், தனக்குச் சேர வேண்டிய தட்சணையைக் கேட்டாராம்!''

இ‌ப்படியான ஒரு வேதனை‌த் தா‌‌ன் அ‌ந்த ம‌ன்னனு‌க்கு‌ம் ஏ‌ற்ப‌ட்டது. அ‌ப்போது, துறவி கொடுத்த சீட்டு அவரது நினைவுக்கு வந்தது. அதனை எடுத்துப் படிப்பது என்று முடிவு செய்தான் மன்னன்.

அந்த சீட்டினை எடுத்து படித்த போது, அதில் "இதுவும் கடந்து போகும்" என்று 3 வார்த்தைகள் இருந்தன....

எந்த பிரச்சினையாக இருந்தாலும் சரி, மகிழ்ச்சியாக இருந்தாலும் சரி... அது ஒரு சில மணி நேரங்களிலோ அல்லது நாட்களிலோ கடந்து போய்விடும். எனவே எந்த கஷ்டமாக இருந்தாலும் அது நம்முடனே இருந்துவிடப்போவதில்லை.

ஆகவே மனதில் கவலை கொள்ளாமல் பிரச்சினையை எதிர்நோக்கும் அளவிற்கு மனதை பக்குவப்படுத்தி வைத்துக் கொள்வதுதான் சிறந்தது.

வாழ்த்துகள்.

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/vallalargroups/7B2lZ7RXI0Y

Never Miss The First Opportunity –

Never Miss The First Opportunity –

A young man wished to marry the farmer's beautiful daughter. Therefore, he went to the farmer to ask for his permission for this marriage.

The farmer looked him over and said, "Son, go stand out in that field. I'm going to release three bulls, one at a time. If you can catch the tail of any one of the three bulls, you can marry my daughter."

The young man stood in the pasture awaiting the first bull…

The barn door opened and out ran the biggest, meanest-looking bull he had ever seen. He decided that one of the next bulls had to be a better choice than this one, so he ran over to the side and let the bull pass through the pasture out the back gate. The barn door opened again.

…and Unbelievable! He had never seen anything so big and fierce in his life. It stood pawing the ground, grunting, slinging slobber as it eyed him. Whatever the next bull was like, it had to be a better choice than this one. He ran to the fence and let the bull pass through the pasture, out the back gate.

As the barn door opened a third time, a smile came across his face. This was the weakest, scrawniest little bull he had ever seen. This one was his bull. As the bull came running by, he positioned himself just right and jumped at just the exact moment.

He grabbed… but the bull had no tail!

Life is full of opportunities. Some will be easy to grab, some will be difficult. But once we let them pass (often in hope of something better), those opportunities may never again be available. People with a burning desire to succeed in anything, will not wait for the next better opportunity. They grab what comes along and make the best out of the available apportinity at hand.

Never Miss The First Opportunity - You May Regret Later

The Eagle and The Chickens

The Eagle and The Chickens

Once upon a time, there was a large mountainside, where an eagle's nest rested. The eagle's nest contained four large eagle eggs. One day an earthquake rocked the mountain causing one of the eggs to roll down the mountain, to a chicken farm, located in the valley below. The chickens knew that they must protect and care for the eagle's egg, so an old hen volunteered to nurture and raise the large egg.

One day, the egg hatched and a beautiful eagle was born. Sadly, however, the eagle was raised to be a chicken. Soon, the eagle believed he was nothing more than a chicken. The eagle loved his home and family, but his spirit cried out for more.

While playing a game on the farm one day, the eagle looked to the skies above and noticed a group of mighty eagles soaring in the skies. "Oh," the eagle cried, "I wish I could soar like those birds." The chickens roared with laughter, "You cannot soar with those birds. You are a chicken and chickens do not soar."

The eagle continued staring, at his real family up above, dreaming that he could be with them. Each time the eagle would let his dreams be known, he was told it couldn't be done. That is what the eagle learned to believe. The eagle, after time, stopped dreaming and continued to live his life like a chicken. Finally, after a long life as a chicken, the eagle passed away.

The moral of the story: You become what you believe you are; so if you ever dream to become an eagle follow your dreams, not the words of a chicken.

Chicken, The

Communication with God

Communication with God

One day a construction supervisor from 6th floor of building was calling a worker working on the ground floor. Because of construction noice, the worker on ground floor did not hear his supervisor calling.

Then, to draw the attention of worker, the supervisor threw a 10 rupee note from up which fell right around in front of the worker.

The worker picked up the 10 rupee note, put it in his pocket & continued with his work.

Again to draw the attention of worker, the supervisor now threw 500 rupee note & the worker did the same, picked 500 rupee note, put it in his pocket & started doing his job.

Now to draw attention of the worker, the supervisor picked a small stone & threw on worker. The stone hit exactly the worker head. This time the worker looked up & the supervisor communicated with the worker.

This story is same as of our life. Lord from up wants to communicate with us, but we are busy doing our worldly jobs. Then God gives us small gifts & we just keep it without seeing from where we got it.

Then God gives us amounts (gifts) & we are the same. Just keep the gifts without seeing from where it came & without thanking God. We just say we are LUCKY.

Then when we are hit with a small stone, which we call problems, then we look up & we communicate with God.

So every time we get gifts, we should thank God immediately, and not wait till we are hit by a small stone, and then communicate with God.

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/tantechteam/yiUNg-HqGWw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back