• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Vishwabrahmins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vanakkam. I was having a discussion with my friend's (who is a girl and I'm kinda interested) grandfather (who happens to be a Vishwakarma) and suddenly the whole caste and system thing came up. He asked me what is my caste and I told him that I am a TamBram and he agreed and then I asked him the same (It was kind of awkward). Then he said that he was a vishwabrahmin (as I had never heard of it I asked him to repeat). I asked him if they were really brahmins for which he told me a lot of things. At first I was a bit skeptical then he started showing some old vedic scriptures (born and brought up in North so didn't really understand much) which he read and translated. In that he mentioned of Vishwakarma and his descendants and that they are the most superior ones. And everything is mentioned in Pranava Veda. And all other brahmins are Vipra Brahmins (he said we become brahmins only after upanayanam, thread ceremony) and only Vishwakarmas belong to Brahma Kulam and they are sanathana brahmins (eternal brahmins i guess). Enlighten me, please. Nanri.

they are one caste by name vishwakarma who are porkollar (goldsmith) but i didn't here about vishwa brahmin ...may be just like sivakotra when they don't know kotra

r.vaithei:laugh:

DOTT (discussion outcome of this thread/topic) = 2, i.e., a known fact has come in some other avtar.

A known Tambrahm widower without issues recently married a Viswakarma widow with a kid..Looks like the walls are crumbling

Vanakkam. I was having a discussion with my friend's (who is a girl and I'm kinda interested) grandfather (who happens to be a Vishwakarma) and suddenly the whole caste and system thing came up. He asked me what is my caste and I told him that I am a TamBram and he agreed and then I asked him the same (It was kind of awkward). Then he said that he was a vishwabrahmin (as I had never heard of it I asked him to repeat). I asked him if they were really brahmins for which he told me a lot of things. At first I was a bit skeptical then he started showing some old vedic scriptures (born and brought up in North so didn't really understand much) which he read and translated. In that he mentioned of Vishwakarma and his descendants and that they are the most superior ones. And everything is mentioned in Pranava Veda. And all other brahmins are Vipra Brahmins (he said we become brahmins only after upanayanam, thread ceremony) and only Vishwakarmas belong to Brahma Kulam and they are sanathana brahmins (eternal brahmins i guess). Enlighten me, please. Nanri.

dear abhishek,

i can understand the grand father probing into caste lineage. particularly if they come from the villages, though i would imagine, any grandfather would like to know more about the guy his grand daughter brings home, especially with a view to romance :)

hopefully, you are smart enough, to see through this and find more factors compatible with this young lady, and hopefully caste is never going to be a factor, in deciding whether you are going to spend your life with her. or not. in this matter, you may need to more than ordinary help, to her, for she might be under immense pressure to deny you.

so, please, i hope, you are not looking for information,for one upmanship purposes. sometimes i think, it is best to be ignorant of such caste related issues. for there is a beauty in innocence which absence of knowledge of some information, pertaining to perhaps the most divisive aspect of our hindu way of life.

thank you. God Bless.

A man who wears poonool = a brahmin, will be a good equation for these days! :cool:

As long as there is mutual interest, caste should not come as a hurdle to the wedding.

This grandpa seems to take pride in saying that his caste is higher than brahmins. :thumb:

A man who wears poonool = a brahmin, will be a good equation for these days! :cool:

As long as there is mutual interest, caste should not come as a hurdle to the wedding.

This grandpa seems to take pride in saying that his caste is higher than brahmins. :thumb:
It is typical brahmin double talk by those who marry in their own community and point out virtues of marrying girls from other castes.
A grand old man may bring out justifications to say his caste is equal or superior to brahmins
but one is caught in the caste web in marriage ,it takes a lot to ahead and get married and make the marriage work. but more pitiable is the situation ,the off springs of these alliances face in life.
It is just not worthwhile specially in tamilnadu where caste divisions are very deep . most end up as outcastes in their own communities after marriage.

they are one caste by name vishwakarma who are porkollar (goldsmith) but i didn't here about vishwa brahmin ...may be just like sivakotra when they don't know kotra

r.vaithei:laugh:
I thought siva gothra and vishnu gothra refers to the samparadayams they follow in non brahmin communities whether they are saivites or vaishnavites.similarly many iyengars say they are swayamachayras when they are are asked which jeer they follow. it is a convenient answer.

It is typical brahmin double talk by those who marry in their own community and point out virtues of marrying girls from other castes.
A grand old man may bring out justifications to say his caste is equal or superior to brahmins
but one is caught in the caste web in marriage ,it takes a lot to ahead and get married and make the marriage work. but more pitiable is the situation ,the off springs of these alliances face in life.
It is just not worthwhile specially in tamilnadu where caste divisions are very deep . most end up as outcastes in their own communities after marriage.
There ARE IC and IR marriages even in our close family circle and we have accepted everyone who came into our family circle.
Times are changing boss........ Please wake up from :sleep: !

There ARE IC and IR marriages even in our close family circle and we have accepted everyone who came into our family circle.
Times are changing boss........ Please wake up from :sleep: !
IR and IC are also there in my extended families. I am going thru the pains of finding matches for their off springs who are not wanted either in their caste or religion.where do they go now for alliances.? one -a girl has escaped to US and might end up with a local match due to her enterprise and other a male is hitting the bottle as an escape. he has dozens of rejections to his credit though foreign qualified and earning double digit lakhs. he is not smart enough to find a match for himself and hopes that parents will find a match .the parents are not competent though well educated and are averse to making compromises to get the right match

Last edited:
Even if one parent is a brahmin, they go in search of matches from brahmin families ONLY!

One of my friends, a brahmin married to a nair, wants to get only a brahmin groom for her daughter!

When she can marry a nair (about 25 years back) why not find a non brahmin groom for her daughter? :confused:

:focus:

We are never tired of discussing about ICs and IRs! :lol:

Now, let us wish Abhishek Ashok a happy married life with his fiance! :)

Even if one parent is a brahmin, they go in search of matches from brahmin families ONLY!

One of my friends, a brahmin married to a nair, wants to get only a brahmin groom for her daughte

When she can marry a nair (about 25 years back) why not find a non brahmin groom for her daughter? :confused:
RRji
what you say is quite true.many IC parents prefer brahmin matches for their kids since they do not want them to go thru what they had to put up with in their lifetimes.sometimes also if male is of lower caste , his family wants to stay within its caste boundaries after seeing the caste conflicts and go for a lower caste.in IC marriages ,the girl never gets fully accepted in inlaws familes who have different customs and foodhabits. it takes a lot to make such marriages work

IR and IC are also there in my extended families. I am going thru the pains of finding matches for their off springs who are not wanted either in their caste or religion.where do they go now for alliances.? one -a girl has escaped to US and might end up with a local match due to her enterprise and other a male is hitting the bottle as an escape. he has dozens of rejections to his credit though foreign qualified and earning double digit lakhs. he is not smart enough to find a match for himself and hopes that parents will find a match .the parents are not competent though well educated and are averse to making compromises to get the right match

In most cases the offspring of IC/IR involving a Tambrahm seeks alliance from Tambrahm only...Two of my acquaintances(TB) married girls born out of IC/IR..But they were love marriages..The parents/relatives of both the boys accepted the brides..

Thank you very much. Things have been smooth and she is really compatible with me. Yeah I hope that caste really doesn't become a problem (now or never). yeah I guess so, ignorance is a bliss.
Once again thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back