• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Recent concerns about quality of messages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
One member raised concerns about the quality of my messages. His concern was my messages were not good enough when addressed to ladies. I did not want to argue with that member. I did not want to derail that thread. So, I opended a new thread where it can be discussed.

To start with, I did not do any name calling. The offending words were "pokkiri" and "Rowdy". It is so common to address a child ( or elderly) as 'pokkiri' while mentioning affectionately. So many times I heard a proud father talks about his own son "avan rowdy payal"... I used those words affectionately. The recipient knows that.

Now about respecting women in the forum - I have written over 60 messages here. Jut one message was replied by a male member. The rest of the interations are from ladies only. Raji Ram Madam matched my messages word to word in Chennai Tamil. That was because she could see the messages were written respectfully. All the likes I recieved for my messages are from women only.

By the way my handle is not 'Munuswamy'. It is 'Munsaamy'. I will continue to write in Chennai Tamil.

If the members keep selected members on the pedestal, that is okay. But they should not expect others to do so. I did not talk to Renuka disrespectfully. I will continue to interact with her in the similar fashion only. ( I mentioned Renuka's name because the concern was raised after my interaction with Renuka). ( Renuka is like a mirror. She also likes varieties).

I admire Tantric method of worship. I believe in Saktham. I see women as creators and sustainers. All the women are included in this - be the mother, sister, daughter, wife or chinna veedu. I have utmost reverence for everyone.

Good message and bad message are in the mind. If my message makes the recipient happy, then that is a good message. I am not expecting my messages to make everyone happy.

As Munsaamy I will continue to write in Chennai Tamil where ever it suits. I will continue to interact with Renuka in the similar fashion unless Renuka thinks otherwise.

I am willing to discuss about my messages if anyone likes to discuss.

Somehow I am always invloved in most "controversies"!LOL

BTW just to make it crystal clear that I believe in equal rights for male and female..I do not believe in any special treatment or glorification for a male or female.

If I dont like a post..I either wont reply or I would "handle" the person in the ways best known to me...mainly I use humor cos that makes any situation less stressful.

I have been thru situations before in Forum which were at times unpleasant too..so no one is actually a friend and no one is actually an enemy.

We are just here to interact.."relationships" can change from friendship to enemies at any given time.

Most of us members here (me included) are either perimenopausal,menopausal or periandropausal or andropausal.So mood swings are common and it does show up in some posts.So no big deal.

Best motto is to live and let live.

I always believe that only you can be your own friend and be your own enemy..every other "friendship" is temporary and personal interest based.

So guys and gals..dont waste your time in thinking how a person needs to be addressed.

As I said I do things my own way....either I ignore or the person is "handled" and case closed.

So worry not..even if its Chennai Tamil or Malay or Sanskrit or Punjabi....I have all answers waiting.

Last edited:
It is none of the concern of any member whether your avatar is Munsaamy orKandsaamy.
It is none of the concern of any member as to how many ‘likes’ you havereceived from lady members.
You may exhibit affection to any member which is also not our concern.
What is suggested is to maintain the language, decorum, etiquette,manners, etc lest you will be reported and the moderator will take care. Now having said this don’t pounce upon me tosite the earlier postings where you have used such language deriving censure.
This is not a court to give you a long rope and lot of chances of adjournments,hearings, etc etc.
As Renuka ji reported if it isaddict, it is better to change yourstyle lest you will be following suit ofother Members who are now Ex.
Of course, Renuka ji may be broadminded and can take such things easily and definitely not everyone.
I don’t know how many felt it but it is a good thing that this time Krish jiand Rishikesan ji have opted to report directly to you and next time if it recurs,the Moderator will be reported.
Good day.

Dear all,

Even though I can understand the valid concern or everyone but I cant stop laughing at the same time cos its the 2nd post of the day where my name is being mentioned..somehow I am getting popular!LOL

Just to add..its not actually that I am super broadminded but its just sometimes a certain amount of give and take policy and also peace loving does go a long way.

I think we Indians are usually quite a peaceful lot..we dont find Hindus running on the streets in a riot if anyone says anything about our religion,lifestyle and culture isnt it? Its becos we can logically deduce what should be our next mode of action that would not cause harm to both ourselves and to their other person.

That is one major advantage we Hindus have....but slowly I find this eroding and we are becoming too sensitive and jump for anything and everything.

Being broadminded is a term that can be misinterpreted at times..I have lived in India and I know that being broadminded can be taken to mean a lot of other things..so I rather describe myself as peace loving and not wanting to fight.

BTW guys..the next post better not have my name in it..otherwise Swarnakka might forget Ahimsa!LOL

Last edited:
It is none of the concern of any member whether your avatar is Munsaamy orKandsaamy.
It is none of the concern of any member as to how many ‘likes’ you havereceived from lady members.
You may exhibit affection to any member which is also not our concern.
What is suggested is to maintain the language, decorum, etiquette,manners, etc lest you will be reported and the moderator will take care. Now having said this don’t pounce upon me tosite the earlier postings where you have used such language deriving censure.
This is not a court to give you a long rope and lot of chances of adjournments,hearings, etc etc.
As Renuka ji reported if it isaddict, it is better to change yourstyle lest you will be following suit ofother Members who are now Ex.
Of course, Renuka ji may be broadminded and can take such things easily and definitely not everyone.
I don’t know how many felt it but it is a good thing that this time Krish jiand Rishikesan ji have opted to report directly to you and next time if it recurs,the Moderator will be reported.
Good day.

If the details of my message is not any of anyone's concern, what is requirement for this curt message?

As I mentioned earlier, I had not written any message disrespectfully unless you are going to consider Chennai Tamil itself disrespectful.

I wish to bring to your attention, you have been disrespectful to me when you said " whether your avtaar is Munsaamy or Kandsaamy". So, I think you should give respect to others first.

Please feel free to report my messages. I am not too fond of getting threatened.

What worst s going to happen? You would get myself banned from this site? If that would make you feel great, what are you waiting for? Go ahead.

I will continue to write the same way as I did before since nobody could show what was disrespectful in my messages.

By the way even Krishna is called 'pokkiri kanna!'. " nee sariyaana pokkiridaa" is a common dialogue I grew up with. same thing with Rowdy too.

Since your threatening me with "Ex-member" status, I sincerely hope you will prove me wrong. Even I get banned, i am not going to change myself since there is nothing wrong in what I wrote.

I stand my ground.

I feel this thread should be closed..its getting no where.

Members please do not fight..in fact if anyone should be fighting it should be me and I am not even concerned about who writes what.

I know members might think that "renuka might not bother but we dont want to see such words in an August forum"

So this fight is not about how ladies being addressed alone..its all about everyone's interest here too.

So I feel this thread has served it purpose and should be closed.

Let moderator decide when he sees this thread..I am not taking the initiative to report any thread.

So just let things lie and live and let live.

Last edited:
BTW I really have to pose this question.

I am not supporting anyone here..this is just my personal opinion.

I have noted many posts in the recent past with all sorts of words(not that it matters what people say)..but those words were 'delusional..mad..psychotic ..some semi cursing posts hoping for something bad to happen to a person whom someone did not like..playing with dirt you get dirty..etc also all sorts of stuff..just becos all those words were in English it somehow did not make anyone jump to censure anyone.

So why when Tamil words are used everyone is getting upset?

Isn't the message of any post that really counts..when many spit venom in English it still is considered within decent limits but when raw hard core Tamil is used we feel its abusive.

Munsaamy..please note I am NOT supporting you here but I am merely stating that why members are Ok with English not so polite or semi cursing messages but readily jump when raw Tamil words are used?

Most of us have Tamil as our mother tongue isnt it?

So why 'fighting' in English with words like mad,psycho and not so polite posts are fine but Tamil words are a problem?

That is what I cant figure out.

Have we become so "westernized" that Tamil words are considered rude and totally dragged out of context but English words that spew venom are still considered August??

Politeness is not merely a single word..politeness is our overall conduct in the message we intend to convey.

Last edited:
One member raised concerns about the quality of my messages. His concern was my messages were not good enough when addressed to ladies. I did not want to argue with that member. I did not want to derail that thread. So, I opended a new thread where it can be discussed.

To start with, I did not do any name calling. The offending words were "pokkiri" and "Rowdy". It is so common to address a child ( or elderly) as 'pokkiri' while mentioning affectionately. So many times I heard a proud father talks about his own son "avan rowdy payal"... I used those words affectionately. The recipient knows that.

Now about respecting women in the forum - I have written over 60 messages here. Jut one message was replied by a male member. The rest of the interations are from ladies only. Raji Ram Madam matched my messages word to word in Chennai Tamil. That was because she could see the messages were written respectfully. All the likes I recieved for my messages are from women only.

By the way my handle is not 'Munuswamy'. It is 'Munsaamy'. I will continue to write in Chennai Tamil.

If the members keep selected members on the pedestal, that is okay. But they should not expect others to do so. I did not talk to Renuka disrespectfully. I will continue to interact with her in the similar fashion only. ( I mentioned Renuka's name because the concern was raised after my interaction with Renuka). ( Renuka is like a mirror. She also likes varieties).

I admire Tantric method of worship. I believe in Saktham. I see women as creators and sustainers. All the women are included in this - be the mother, sister, daughter, wife or chinna veedu. I have utmost reverence for everyone.

Good message and bad message are in the mind. If my message makes the recipient happy, then that is a good message. I am not expecting my messages to make everyone happy.

As Munsaamy I will continue to write in Chennai Tamil where ever it suits. I will continue to interact with Renuka in the similar fashion unless Renuka thinks otherwise.

I am willing to discuss about my messages if anyone likes to discuss.

Hi Munnsaamy,

It would be nice of you if you give a bibliography of the posts in "other threads" which provoked this post from you. I do not visit all the threads here for no fault of me. It is just paucity of time. Thanks.

Hi Munnsaamy,

It would be nice of you if you give a bibliography of the posts in "other threads" which provoked this post from you. I do not visit all the threads here for no fault of me. It is just paucity of time. Thanks.

Vaagmi ji,

Then there will be another post with my name in it.

If you want to know the hot juicy masala which lead to the Jananam of the this thread.

Here it is..read it up to page 3.

http://www.tamilbrahmins.com/chit-chat/16203-proud-moment-me-want-share-you-all-my-friends-2.html

BTW when you reply kindly write in 3rd person and not name anyone cos its already 2 posts with my name in it..if I see a third one then God knows what will happen!LOL

<edited. removed the usage of local, madrasi slang as it can be seen as abusive/insulting. Kindly refrain from using local slangs. English is an universally accepted medium of communication and prefer that we all use that - Praveen>

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back