• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Petition against Yahoo's anti-brahminical stance

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

agentno1

Dear all,

Please take time to sign this petition on petitiononline.com, the URL
is given below.

http://www.petitiononline.com/kanchi04/petition.html

This petition is about yahoo, which is brazenly promoting hatred
against the brahmin community. Today they are bold enough to mock
at brahmins, if not responded with aggression, they will
continue this hatred against all Hindu communities.

Please distribute this piece of information to all like-minded
people.

Dear Agentn01:
I have seen this emoticon and I never thought this could be offensive. Maybe I took it in a jovial way. However, I see your point. I have signed the petition.
Anything that offends somebody's sensibilities should be stopped.

Re:

Dear Silverfox,

Allow me to comment on what you say below. You state that "anything that offends somebody's sensibilities should be stopped." Do you truly believe this? If so, how can you draw the line?

I feel that this website being called "Tamil Brahmins" offends my sensibilities. Should this website be stopped?

I do not appreciate it when you wear the color red, as it is offensive to my religion. Should I ask that you stop wearing the color red?

silverfox said:
Dear Agentn01:
I have seen this emoticon and I never thought this could be offensive. Maybe I took it in a jovial way. However, I see your point. I have signed the petition.
Anything that offends somebody's sensibilities should be stopped.

Dear TKP:
Perhaps I should have worded "anything that offends somebody's sensibilities should be respected" instead of "stopped". You see TKP, feelings are just feelings; there is no right or wrong about it. If I say something that offended you, I cannot simply say that I didn't find it offending and laugh it off. I should be mindful of your feelings. However, I can only do it so long as I can control it or if it is within my power. Otherwise, I will have to say "sorry you see it that way but I cannot do anything about it".

In any case, your point is well taken.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back