• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

12-year-old LEGO genius invents low-cost Braille printer

Status
Not open for further replies.
12-year-old LEGO genius invents low-cost Braille printer

A California boy genius is using his smarts — and his LEGOs — to help the blind.

Shubham Banerjee, 12, turned his toy set into a low-cost Braille printer, demonstrating his invention in videos he posted online.

“This is so easy, even my little sister can do it,” Shubham says in one of the YouTube videos.

Rather than cash in on his design, Shubham put the instructions online and encouraged people to make their own.
“I feel really bad for the visually impaired,” he told CNN. “I hope to do more actually. I hope to make more, helping the people around.”
The young inventor is still in seventh grade, but he’s planning a bright future as a doctor a scientist or an engineer.

He used a $350 LEGO MINDSTORMS EV3 set, modifying a robot model to make a functional printer at a fraction of the cost of other machines on the market.

Basic model Braille printers retail for about $2,000 online

Shubham calls his invention Braigo, a mash-up of Braille and LEGO. Users can type in letters, and the Braigo’s needle will hammer out the translated message in raised dots on paper.
He came up with the idea after he saw a flier asking donors to help the blind, NPR reported.

Rather than cash in on his design, Shubham put the instructions online and encouraged people to make their own.
“I feel really bad for the visually impaired,” he told CNN. “I hope to do more actually. I hope to make more, helping the people around.”

The young inventor is still in seventh grade, but he’s planning a bright future as a doctor a scientist or an engineer.

see the Video please

Braigo - Braille Printer made from Lego Mindstorms EV3 (Part 2 - Demo) - YouTube

Source:12-year-old LEGO genius invents low-cost Braille printer - NY Daily News

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back