• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Ayush Homam question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Members

I am wondering if someone could guide me regarding Ayush Homam for my son. We live in the UK and want to take our son to Chennai for his Ayush Homam.

First part of my question is, when do we perform Ayush Homam, Is it on the nakshatra date based on the English month he was born or the tamil month and nakshatra. My son was born on 5th August 2013 (Poosam) and I looked up, it is on 23rd August 2014 we have Poosam nakshatra.

Second question is, couple of weeks after my son was born, my father passed away (on 22nd August 2013) and unfortunately I couldn't go home for his funeral and my elder brother had to perform the rituals on his own. I am wondering whether it is okay to perform the Ayush Homam if the Varushapthiyam of father comes after this date? It is my wish to perform the Ayush Homam in the house I grew up (where my father passed away), but my brother, his wife and mother moved to brother's new house.

If it is okay to perform Ayush Homam before father's varushapthiyam, would it be okay to perform in the same house?
Many thanks in advance.
Vignesh.

5த் ஆகஸ்ட் 2013=விஜய வருடம் ஆடி மாதம் 21 ம் தேதி திங்கட் கிழமை பூச நட்சத்திரம் உங்கள் மகன் பிறந்த நாள். ஆயுஷ் ஹோமம் ஆடி மாதம் 2014 ம் வருடம் பூச நக்ஷத்திரம் அன்று அதாவது 27-7-2014 அன்று செய்ய வேண்டும். 22-08-2013==ஆவணி மாதம் க்ருஷ்ண பக்ஷம் த்விதியை திதி .. 2014 ம் ஆண்டு ஆவணி மாதம் க்ருஷ்ண ப்க்ஷ த்விதியை திதி 10-09-2014 அன்று செய்து விட்டு 19-09-2014 அன்று உங்கள் குமாரனுக்கு அப்த பூர்த்தி நீங்கள் வளர்ந்த வீட்டிலேயே செய்யலாம். மேலே உள்ள ஸ்டிக்கி த்ரெட்டில் அமா ஸோம வார ப்ரதக்ஷிணம் திறந்து பார்த்தால் ஆயுஷ்ய ஹோம விளக்கம் இருக்கும்.

Thank you Mr. Gopalan for your kind reply. Are you saying both Ayush Homam and Aptha Poorthi are the same in which case we can perform father's varushapthiayam on 10th September and then Ayush Homam on 19th in the same house?

Dear Vignezh,

Few quick thoughts -

1. The terms Ayush homam and aptha poorthi refers to the same event. Aptha poorthi means end of year. While Sharardham is called as AApthigam..

2. since your father's tihiti is falling before you can do the Aptha poorthi in the same home . Even if the thithi is falling after Aptha poorthi you can perform Ayush homam on the scheduled date as these Ayush homam's are must to be done on the specified date.

Above all Only one constraint I can see in your case. If the kid is born in UK , he is out of all these Samaskarams. Samaskarams are only for those who born in the indian soil because that is the basic criteria for doing karmas and the indian soil is the "Karma bhoomi".
Sorry for being so blunt .. If the Kid is born outside India .. It is no difference that is going to cause on performace of the homa at UK or at home town.

Thanks,
Arun M

Aayushya Homam (and not Ayush homam) is not mandatory on the first birthday of a baby; I have heard from elders that it is to be done only if the baby's horoscope shows some "baalaariShTa" (afflictions or 'ariShTa' - in Sanskrit, during the baalya or childhood of the baby.

Apart from sentiment, there is no special value or benefit by performing the AayuShya homam in the very same house in which the baby's father grew up or his grandfather passed away.

Hi,
My wishes for your child's birthday... Hope the few below are useful. It is based on my experience and not astrology.

1.Temple based on Natchatram.
Poosam or Pushyami or Pushya
Akshayapureeswarar Koil. This temple is at Vilangulam. Vilangulam is situated at 20 Kms from Peravurani, in Tanjore District. From Pattukottai on the ECR towards Rameswaram this is at a distance of 30 Kms. 97507 84944, 96266 85051
Source:
Birth Stars Temples - Veerashaiva World.com

-----------------********--------------**********---------------
2. Homam to be done for your child's birthday....
AVP is based in coimbatore, they have Sri dhanvantri temple(God of medicine), Here the temple is according to tantric rituals and as much I have seen it does give better results.

Ayush homam/karugai homam( only for children) Rs. 101.00
Mruthyanjaya homam Rs. 300.00
Dhanvanthari homam Rs. 250.00

Source:
Offer a Pooja - Navagraha and Homa

Ph.No: 0422-2315412,2316006,2316220

No need to go directly to coimbatore, send an money order along with your son's details gothram, natchatram, rasi. and the day you want to perform. The sankalpam will be done by them.
2. With regard to your dad, there is a Sri Krishna temple at cheramattom, near ernakulam kerala, The moolavar is sri krishna and sri narasimha,
Here thila homam, and pitru tharpanam are special.
It costs around rs.500/-, every month for one full year on amavasya, the tharpanam is being done,

One need not go to the temple, just contact the temple board and send M.O.

{Need to know malayalam.........}

regards
bharat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back