• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Computer generates one picture, with nearly 17 million colours crammed into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
[h=1]Computer generates one picture, with nearly 17 million colors crammed into it.[/h]
dn25167-3_1200.jpg

Yeah, that picture you see above is composed of nearly 17 million colors, 16.8 million, to be exact. Take a long look and breathe in the complete splash of colours; This is the closest you will ever get to your eyes popping out of their sockets.

Computer paints images with millions of colours - YouTube

That image, has been entirely computer generated and why stop at 16.8 million colours you ask (You’re crazy!)? Well, that is because that is the maximum limit set by current 24 bit RGB technology. From New Scientist:
“In 24-bit colour, each of these three components has an intensity value from 0 to 255 (256 x 256 x 256 = 16,777,216).”

The image was a result of an online coding competition for which you had to write a program that would generate an image with each pixel having a unique colour.

Many entries came, but only a few were worthy. Finally, József Fejes was declared the winner due to the interesting pictures his program generated ( Including the one above. )

dn25167-2_1200.jpg

“At first I didn’t really know if it was going to end up looking beautiful or not, it was just an interesting programming challenge for me,” József says. “I was very surprised at how beautiful it turned out to be.”

You still aren’t experiencing the full blast of 16.8 million colors right on your face. You need to have a 4096*4096 pixels display of sufficient size along with full color accuracy to actually experience the might of 16.8 million colors in all their glory.

Wow so nice ,i liked it very colourful indeed an eye treat ,But the number of colours quoted is one cannot connect it.But anyways too good.:) :)

Dear Ganesh Sir,

The first one is more attractive. But I wonder whether human eyes can identify all the micro shades involved in this.

Actually, when a 50,000 colour-checked silk saree was weaved and kept for display in a famous silk shop in T'nagar,

most of us could not believe that there were so many colours in that saree! Only computer can identify ALL the colours! :)

See the advt. for that saree:

RmKV 50,000 Colour Saree - YouTube

With 4.5 million cone cell receptors, viewing in bright light is limited. In dim light all colours look grey. No help for colour insensitive (not colour blind) and tone deaf (not deaf)!

Wow! Raji Madam,

Now there will be a competition to increase the number of colors in the Saree

The American girls who marry tambram guys settled in the U S of A, know more about such special sarees.

My sister in law went in search of this special saree in T'nagar, for the American girl of her son's choice,

since that girl wanted ONLY the special checked saree for Muhurtham, following Jodhika! The shop owner

told that such specials are 'made to order' and time taken will be three months. Since the time was limited,
S I L went to another nearby shop and bought a 35,000 coloured saree costing Rs. 35,000/. :popcorn:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back