• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

What do you think about astrology?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to tell that astrology is itself selfexplanatory. What is there to think about. Anyhow I am sure Madam.Renuka will give you a detailed reply after she hears from you:argue:

Last edited:
I would like to tell that astrology is itself selfexplanatory. What is there to think about. Anyhow I am sure Madam.Renuka will give you a detailed reply after she hears from you:argue:

Dear Sir,

You are right.

It all depends what the person wants to hear.

If a person is young and single they would like to hear about horoscope compatibility with regards to marriage.

If the horoscope of the person they fancy is NOT matching with theirs..they might be wanting to hear that horoscope match or astrology does not really matter.

If person is older and married and they got to know about something astrologically unfavorable..they would be hoping to hear that pariharams can help ward away problems and so on.

So it is important to know what the person wants to hear..only then we can prepare the answers.

While giving advice sometimes we need to be like a good accountant... a good accountant does not say 2+2=4 but he asks you "what do you want it to be?"

Last edited:
Group A, believer: if the prediction does not match with his expectation he will look for pariharam and may go for 2nd consultation.
Group B, non believer: should not have gone to an astrologer, but will heap abuses on astrologers and believers.

What can a fingernail tell us about the mysteries of creation? In one sense, a nail is merely a hunk of mute matter, yet in another, it’s an information superhighway quite literally at our fingertips. Every moment, streams of molecular signals direct our cells to move, flatten, swell, shrink, divide, or die.

Group A, believer: if the prediction does not match with his expectation he will look for pariharam and may go for 2nd consultation.
Group B, non believer: should not have gone to an astrologer, but will heap abuses on astrologers and believers.

We Indians are always like that. What else we can expect from our own tribes?

We Indians are always like that. What else we can expect from our own tribes?

Dear sir,

Its not only Indians..its the same every where in the world..tribes fight with other tribes..when they have no one to fight with they fight with themselves.

Astrology is a great science. Proof:The Supreme Court of India vs Astrology

It is a great ocean and learning it thoroughly is very difficult. There are a very few astrologers who can predict the future, using
the chart called horoscope. The pity is that many of them have a vague knowledge and use this science only to make a living!:popcorn:

I
n my circle of relatives and friends, I have seen many 'parihArams' told by the astrologers, go in vain. :sad:

P.S: There was a protest when the Supreme Court declared astrology as a science!

There are hundreds of doctors and other professionals who pay lip service to the profession but ensure that fees are paid in advance. The first prescription a doctor writes is a batch of tests to be done before any opinion can be tendered. Subramanyam swamy recently commented, when asked about fighting cases without fees, more lawyers should take up important and deserving cases without charging fees, at least 50% of the total practice.

If the pariharams did not give desired end result, they must have prepared the mind to accept the inevitable.

Astrology is a great science. Proof:The Supreme Court of India vs Astrology

It is a great ocean and learning it thoroughly is very difficult. There are a very few astrologers who can predict the future, using
the chart called horoscope. The pity is that many of them have a vague knowledge and use this science only to make a living!:popcorn:

I
n my circle of relatives and friends, I have seen many 'parihArams' told by the astrologers, go in vain. :sad:

P.S: There was a protest when the Supreme Court declared astrology as a science!

astrology is science, one has a choice to spend time with it or not (believer/non believer ). but extrapolating same concept to belief in GOD creates a Q:

is theism science?

The use of the word
theism to indicate this classical form of monotheism began during the scientific revolution of the seventeenth century in order to distinguish it from the then-emerging deism which contended that God, though transcendent and supreme, did not intervene in the natural world and could be known rationally but not via revelation

The planets are supposed to influence the life of a person! A person is likely to go abroad during the third part of 'Ezharai nAttu Sani'.

It happened once in my life! Also, during those seven and half years, the person will have more anger! I was very careful to keep

cool during those years! I did have a minor accident and may be due to the effect of Sani.

The planets are supposed to influence the life of a person! A person is likely to go abroad during the third part of 'Ezharai nAttu Sani'.

It happened once in my life! Also, during those seven and half years, the person will have more anger! I was very careful to keep

cool during those years! I did have a minor accident and may be due to the effect of Sani.
I do not know Whether I am under a similar influence.I am getting a lot of likes from this forum . It is all pongu sani-alli kodukkum. thank you members. It seems I will become a cult figure in this forum with my foolish posts written in times of total boredom and relative idleness

Mam,

How about Chandrashtama days....?

Regards:)

Astrology is science or religion or occult ...i don't know...one thing i know is it depends on person's karma to get good or best results of it even though we do parikaram

rv

Astrology is science or religion or occult ...i don't know...one thing i know is it depends on person's karma to get good or best results of it even though we do parikaram

rv
hindu religion is great.It has given the concept of pariharam .Do all the sins and perform pariharam later. still you have the concept of karma to justify all your actions if things do not work out your way.
Astrology -men who believe in it and decide regarding marriage ,profession or other matters relating to living are unfair to themselves and those around them .
I know people who think of nalla naal for going on journeys avoiding tuesdays[ one gets easy train ,air booking on tuesdays due to this] and not leaving or entering their homes for journeys on certain days is overdoing things.
what is this chandrashtamam.? I find this being liberally used when things do not workout on some days . I had one such day yesterday when IRCTC took money from my credit card account twice online and did not book the seat due to communication problem . third time when I did that the payment gateway blocked it saying it was risky and did not clear my payment . i am getting forced to believe in chandrashtam whatever it might mean

Dear Sir,

One should have belief over Astronomical Science and its effect on universal creations. Generally predictions by Astrologers on a given chart may differ from each other, but one may not land to a total wrong conclusion that Astrology/Astrologer is a bluff. Astronomical science is activated by an Act of Omnipresent and everyone should have 100% belief over that.

Dear Sir,

One should have belief over Astronomical Science and its effect on universal creations. Generally predictions by Astrologers on a given chart may differ from each other, but one may not land to a total wrong conclusion that Astrology/Astrologer is a bluff. Astronomical science is activated by an Act of Omnipresent and everyone should have 100% belief over that.
dear sir
the negative effects of belief in astrology far out weigh the positive . one can believe in astrology only with disastrous consequences for well being of human being . only astrologers can become prosperous by believing in astrology. others can only be taken for a ride.

Dear Sir,

This notion of 'should' on a belief is meaningless (highlights on your post is by me to provide reference to specific part).

Belief is a personal thing and is not subjected to reason.

The only thing we can then ask is if a belief is reasonable.

Can the unique position of planets have anything to do with our initial Prarabdha Karma - perhaps. It is not proven by any study except believed by anecdotes. So this assertion is neither reasonable nor unreasonable. There is simply no studies though there are methods available to statistically and mathematically establish correlation.

Omnipresent - if we think about this as a concept - does not need to activate anything - it is everywhere to begin with by definition . So this part of the belief is not reasonable.

Prarabdha Karma in the Karma model (another belief based system) is not changeable. But there is an experience of free will which allows one to do something based on free will to offset the effects (not negate) of the unchangeable events. This belief is the basis for Pariharams and this belief is therefore reasonable but the actual Pariharams proposed by various astrologers tend to be unreasonable in my limited exposure

I think Krishji, and TKSji are very generous, and are mindful of hurting sentiments of XXXXX.
I do not believe in Mumbo jumbos', same is true for astrology and all related fields.
Renukaji's question is very pertinent.
If you believe in Karma theory and yourself you do not need these mumbo jumbos.

Last edited:
I think Krishji, and TKSji are very generous, and are mindful of hurting sentiments of XXXXX.
I do not believe in Mumbo jumbos', same is true for astrology and all related fields.
Renukaji's question is very pertinent.
If you believe in Karma theory and yourself you do not need these mumbo jumbos.
not many TBs ignore horoscope matching in arranged matches for children.
also for other matters adults do get into pariharam cycles
In arranged matches most reject proposals from parties not providing a horoscope and eye suspiciously those who do not have one. it is promptly concluded the prospective groom/bride has some dosha.many get rejected for mangal dosha all over india.they also are forced to wear stones of various types and perform pujas to ward off evils, astrologers make a killing on these.if you go to matrimonial sites , you will find dozens of educated, accomplished girls with so called bad stars like ayilyam etc or some dosha. unable to find a match.yet parents with blind belief do not throw the horoscopes away or change it to suit their girls[I strongly favour the latter course}
similar is the pariharams being done for evil effects of planets like sevvai or sani. some spend fortunes on this.
I pity people who are in this loop.

Oh! This thread is still alive!!

In the recent search for girls for two of our nephews, I found that the parents of girls with good horoscope (no strong dhOshams)

want to proceed ONLY after matching the horoscopes where as the parents of girls with more dhOshams say, 'To hell with horoscope!' :dizzy:

I wouldl like to know from the very same parents, could they say the same 'to hell with horoscope' when they receive proposals from girls with doshams for their sons, . Then they will keep quite and look the other way.

Oh! This thread is still alive!!

In the recent search for girls for two of our nephews, I found that the parents of girls with good horoscope (no strong dhOshams)

want to proceed ONLY after matching the horoscopes where as the parents of girls with more dhOshams say, 'To hell with horoscope!' :dizzy:
RRji
It is wrong to penalise humanbeings based on their time of birth based on astrology charts.
and ill matched horoscopes. I have only four and a half poruthams with my wife . my father in law went thru sleepless nights going thru pariharam , and consulting more than one astrologer, buying stones which girl has to wear to ward off evil.
My mother settled the issue simply . She met the prospective daughter in law and simply found if the boy [ her son] was acceptable and simply gave the go ahead without discussing further. we have been married more than thirty years .
I have done the same with my children.no horoscope matching hassles. manaporutham is more important .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back