• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

purusha suktam and a doubt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all,
I was reading the meaning of purusha suktham, guess don't have much grasp on it, is my understanding of meaning/essence of purusha suktam is oriented towards paramathama (who is above all demi-Gods) and not in particular to God Vishnu? For some reason, I got stuck with that suktham and Vishnu.

Secondly, there is a sanskrit sloka that can be uttered in the beginning (or maybe end) of pooja which says, in essence, that any mistakes in pronunciation, grammatical etc are requested for a pardon.

Could somebody please clarify the above for me?

Thank you so much in advance.

மந்த்ர ஹீனம் க்ரியா ஹீனம் பக்தி ஹீனம் ஸுரேஸ்வர யத் பூஜிதம் மயா தேவ பரிபூர்ணம் ததஸ்துதே.விஸர்க பிந்து மாத்ரானி பத பாத அக்ஷரானி ச ந்யூநானீ சாதிக்ரானி க்ஷமஸ்வ புருஷோத்தம காயேனவாசா சொல்லிய பிறகு சொல்லவும்.

கிரி டிரேடிங் ஏஜன்சி ப்ரைவேட் லிமிடட் ல் எல்லா புராண புத்தகங்களும் கிடைக்கும்.GIRI For Indian Culture and Tradition | Pooja and Temple Items | Books on Hinduism | CDs on Classical and Devotional on line லும் புத்தகம் பெறலாம்.

மந்த்ர ஹீனம் க்ரியா ஹீனம் பக்தி ஹீனம் ஸுரேஸ்வர யத் பூஜிதம் மயா தேவ பரிபூர்ணம் ததஸ்துதே.விஸர்க பிந்து மாத்ரானி பத பாத அக்ஷரானி ச ந்யூநானீ சாதிக்ரானி க்ஷமஸ்வ புருஷோத்தம காயேனவாசா சொல்லிய பிறகு சொல்லவும்.

கோடி புண்ணியம் உங்களுக்கு. நன்றி.

Namaste stc,

Purusha Suktha is not restricted to Lord Vishnu. It is addressed to the supreme purusha. So some believe it is addressed to Vishu or Shiva. If you observe closely Purusha sooktha is chanted as an upasthana mantra when we do rudra ekadsini. So it is not restricted to neither vishnu nor shiva.

Thanks
C.R.Bala

Om Namah Shivayah

Sri Sacchidananda Shiva Abhinava Sri Nrsimha Bharti Thirtha Charanaaravindhabhyaam namah
Sri Chandrasekhara saraswathi mahaswami Charanaaravindhabhyaam namah
Sri Chandrasekhara bharati thirtha Charanaaravindhabhyaam namah

@crbsram'ji.
Thanks so much. That clarifies a lot.

I got confused because parts of it, detailed about the birth of sects of people, creation of earth etc. Generally, I thought role of Shiva was different, hence didn't apply.

B

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back