• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Want to know the Lalitha sahasarnamam power...Really is it hav a power?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Namaste Padmavathi

What is your question? If you want more information on Lalitha sahasranama stotra please refer the bhashya of Shri Bhaskararaya called saubhagya bhaskara.

Thanks
C.R.Bala

Om Namah Shivayah

Sri Sacchidananda Shiva Abhinava Sri Nrsimha Bharti Thirtha Charanaaravindhabhyaam namah
Sri Chandrasekhara saraswathi mahaswami Charanaaravindhabhyaam namah
Sri Chandrasekhara bharati thirtha Charanaaravindhabhyaam namah

Is der any time period to say dis stotram..?

Effect of Chanting Mantras and Slokas

Each Mantra has it's own bhijaksharam for each devata like Oum. learnt from a proper Guru(mantropadesham) chanted properly with full concentration and dedication without others know what you chant i.e without lip movements with mind and soul, gradually in course of time you get mantra siddhi and the mind &soul purified due to this siddhi. that is purnaanandam or Eternal bliss .

shlokas:by chanting shlokas that too loudly, the good vibration you get. the place you live and around is purified. this can be felt by practice and experience. that is why old people in our family used to say "don't use bad words that is apashabtam"

in Lalitha sahasranamam" Namaparayana preeta " a nama comes.Thirunavukkarasar says '' kadalagi kashindu kanneer malgi oduvar tammai nannerikku uyppadu vedam nanginum meipporul aavadu Nadan namam Namshivayave' by this we know the effect we get out of chanting bhagavan nama. instead of praising people , if we praise the Lord of this universe that is always eternal, we will be blessed for ever.and also by go on chanting Bhagavan nama a good vibration circle forms around you that protects from evil spirits, durmantram driven towards you by some bad people.

Source:Saraswathi Theagarajan- sage of Kanchi

Is der any time period to say dis stotram..?

Dear Padma,

Many a times members ask this question "what is the best time to recite..what are the benefits..what is the power" even before they can actually start reciting any stotram.

Let me tell you:

1)The best time to recite anything is when we are ready for it.Time is just relative.God is not bound by time and space to confer blessings on a certain time and date.

2)The Power of any stotram is the Faith you have in it.Dont doubt anything if you want to believe in it...other wise it is better to be a Non Believer. Dont be a person who claims to be a believer but doubts the efficacy of any stotram.

3)Try not to think too much of the benefits..dedicate every action of recitation to God.
He answers all requests it is just that sometimes the answer is NO!

Dear Renuka mam,

I liked your views very much.

Dear Uma ji,

Thank you.

I am just being practical..when we read any bona fide religious text we can sense that God keeps things simple.

We humans complicate matters by imposing our own limitations like time,place and person.

A wise person once said "when it comes to giving money everyone sees good time but when it comes to receiving money anytime is a good time"

on 26-01-2014 from morning 7.A .M .to evening 7 A.M.continuously people are chanting lalitha sahasranamam in west thiruvenkataswamy road r.s. puram coimbatore-2. free boarding. to achieve one crore lalitha sahasranamam in one day. so you can chant from morning to night 8.P.M.
people may come at their own convenience to chant their might . last year 3crores and odd were chanted.

Sri Renuka Madam,

I beg to differ here, please check the question what Padmavathi asked. She asked about Sri Lalitha Sahasranama. Lalitha Sahasranama is not a mere stotra that everyone can recite. It is mahamantra which has to be obtained through the upadesa from guru. If one is objecting my comments please go through the sambhashana between Sri Agastya rishi and Sri Bhagavan Hayagriva in the poorva pitikha of Lalitha Sahasranama. And the benefits one can see it from the Phalasruti. And the speciality of this lalitha sahasranama stotra is all the Paramba names are unique. There are many intrinsic meaning to the Paramba nama. Please read the Saubhagya bhasra written by Bhaskararaya. Just by meditating on one nama of Sri Lalitha Sahasranama an upasaka can gain immense benefit.

Thanks
C.R.Bala

om namah shivayah

Sri Sacchidananda Shiva Abhinava Sri Nrsimha Bharti Thirtha Charanaaravindhabhyaam namah

Dear Padma,

Many a times members ask this question "what is the best time to recite..what are the benefits..what is the power" even before they can actually start reciting any stotram.

Let me tell you:

1)The best time to recite anything is when we are ready for it.Time is just relative.God is not bound by time and space to confer blessings on a certain time and date.

2)The Power of any stotram is the Faith you have in it.Dont doubt anything if you want to believe in it...other wise it is better to be a Non Believer. Dont be a person who claims to be a believer but doubts the efficacy of any stotram.

3)Try not to think too much of the benefits..dedicate every action of recitation to God.
He answers all requests it is just that sometimes the answer is NO!

Sri Renuka Madam,

I beg to differ here, please check the question what Padmavathi asked. She asked about Sri Lalitha Sahasranama. Lalitha Sahasranama is not a mere stotra that everyone can recite. It is mahamantra which has to be obtained through the upadesa from guru. If one is objecting my comments please go through the sambhashana between Sri Agastya rishi and Sri Bhagavan Hayagriva in the poorva pitikha of Lalitha Sahasranama. And the benefits one can see it from the Phalasruti. And the speciality of this lalitha sahasranama stotra is all the Paramba names are unique. There are many intrinsic meaning to the Paramba nama. Please read the Saubhagya bhasra written by Bhaskararaya. Just by meditating on one nama of Sri Lalitha Sahasranama an upasaka can gain immense benefit.

Thanks
C.R.Bala

om namah shivayah

Dear Sir,

Thank you for you reply but as I said I view things practically.
In the past books were not readily available and mostly people learned by "shruti' method hence the only way they could get info was from a Guru.

These days everything is available to us and one can recite if one can read and write.
I am not saying that a Guru is not needed but the Supreme Guru is overlooking everything..the Shironayaka(the Over Lord)..so if one has faith and recites anything I sincerely believe it will bring some satisfaction to the reciter.

I frankly do not actually subscribe to the believe that one has to get Upadesha from a Guru to recite this or that and there is no other way.

That is how knowledge was not expanded and only a limited few got access to it.

If this sort of thinking persists..hardly anyone will know anything or have any idea of even what they are reciting.

For example I have noted before in that Forum members asking the meaning of the Gayatri Mantra after years of doing Sandyavandanam...why did this happen? Cos no one took the trouble to teach the meaning or learn the meaning.This is what happens when knowledge is always "hidden" with lots of red tape and protocol.

We humans have the soft ware in us..our Atma..to download knowledge from the cosmos..so its Auto Upadesha when we are sincere in our endeavor.

Rig Veda says "Let Noble Thoughts and Knowledge come from all Directions of the Universe" and Lord Krishna did say in the Geeta that when there is sincere devotee like Arjuna..the Lord will appear to be our Sanathana Sarathi.

So I prefer people having faith in whatever they do cos Faith can make anything and everything happen.

Anyway sir..I respect your opinion too..it is just that my opinion differs.

Regards

Renuka

Last edited:
Here is an answer given by Sri.sangom Sir in this forum

According to sastra (tradition) which, when we talk about "mantropadesams" verges on to Tantra too, any mantra which contains any "beeja mantra" (like hraam, hreem, hroom, kleem, etc.,) has to be performed very meticulously according to what the guru says; if there is even a small mistake or deviance very evil and dangerous consequences will befall such a defaulter, his family and generations to come. This is because the mantras of this type give shape to some sort of ethereal entities which have to be kept in good humour always, and before the person who receives the upadesam dies (unless it is sudden) he has to do certain rites so that the entity so created is dissolved. So, if the mantra you got has any beejaakshara, the very stoppage of chanting without following whatever the guru had to say, itself is a very big mistake

If the mantra does not have any beejaakshara then of course it is safe.

http://www.tamilbrahmins.com/rituals-ceremonies-pujas/6251-clarifications-sought-knowledgeable-person.html

The upadesam of a mantra by a guru is advised and recommended only for the
purpose of making the native hear and understand the correct pronunciation in
which process, the native is asked to repeat the mantra thrice before with
correct pronunciation before starting recital on his own. this is the only
objective behind guropadesam

Without Guru?s Upadesham does any Deity?s mantra works or not? - The Hinduism Forum - IndiaDivine.org

Sri Lalitha Sahasranama stotra and Laitha Trishati can be recited with training on proper pronunciation. No Upadesa is required.

The Training for correct pronunciation can be done by Father, Brother, Cousin, Uncle, and others who are well versed in the pronunciation

Only with yantra, doing in tantric form requires initiation.

People without devotion and honesty should never chant this because then probably negative effects will result.

Last edited:
Namaste P.J Sir

Please find my comments below.

If the mantra does not have any beejaakshara then of course it is safe.
CRBala: Then what about nrsimha mantra raja mantra, Gayatri mantra and vanadurga mantra. there is no bijakshara. But still one is not advised to chant it upadesha.
This type of above comments will mislead people. What ever be the case upadesha from guru is mandatory? in this same blog I have posted the same like When Mantra is effective? please check it.

The upadesam of a mantra by a guru is advised and recommended only for the
purpose of making the native hear and understand the correct pronunciation in
which process, the native is asked to repeat the mantra thrice before with
correct pronunciation before starting recital on his own. this is the only
objective behind guropadesam

CRBala: It is not pronounciation. Guru will test shishya and then based on his ability and advise the upadesha. Please refer scriptures that clearly says about shishya and guru lakshana.

Sri Lalitha Sahasranama stotra and Laitha Trishati can be recited with training on proper pronunciation. No Upadesa is required.
CRBala: Again I would like to disagree here. Please refer the poorva pitika of sahasranama. Regarding Trishati Sri Agastya rishi was still unhappy and even want to hear the real essence did shastanga namaskara to bhagavan Hayagriva. Then Devi appeared and gave the selected 300 divya nama from Sahasranama. So the entire 300 nama has panchadasakshari mantra embedded. Please refer to the bhasya of Sri Shankara bhagavatpada of lalitha trishati.

Only with yantra, doing in tantric form requires initiation.

People without devotion and honesty should never chant this because then probably negative effects will result.
CRBala: Whatever case it is yantra needs to be obtained from Sadguru.

Thanks
C.R.Bala

Om Namah Shivayah

Sri crbsram Sir

Pranams

I am not going to argue with your points or renukaji points as everyone has there own opinion, and I have no intention of disputing others opinion .

I respect your Views, and if you think you are right, follow yours.

God Bless you.

Last edited:
Namaste P.J sir

It is not arguing, whatever that is there in the scriptures I am telling the same. So maharishis has given the great eternal knowledge to us through those scriptures and for some cases we need to follow certain rules and regulation. Sorry to take this example, everyone wants to do something for our country, can everyone of us join Indian Army, there are some eligibility criteria that one has to pass. Even after joining indian Army one has to undergo physical fitness test periodically. So in the same lines there are certain rules and regulations that have been laid by maharishis for the benefit of us only. They did many researches by going through upasana and shared their knowledge like one can attain siddhi and one can recite this mantra during these times so on. So we should respect that. People says that Bhakti is more important. God will see Bhakti and whatever mistakes i do he will wipe it off. Again I am taking the example of Satyavrata, where he lead his life in satya and couldn't pronounce anything properly. All he used to do is Ai Ai Ai, Finally Paramba initiated him with great mahamantra Aim. This is not applicable to all. Bhakti is important, also we should be eligible enough to get the grace of Paramba.

Sorry for those strong words. I follow the lines of Mahaperiyava of Kanci who followed strict Sampradaya.

Thanks
C.R.Bala

Om Namah Shivayah

Sri crbsram Sir

Pranams

I am not going to argue with your points or renukaji points as everyone has there own opinion, and I have no intention of disputing others opinion .

I respect your Views, and if you think you are right, follow yours.

God Bless you.

Dear sir,

I Fully agree the opinion by Renuka.Where to go for learning.one should have intusion/interest..
I and my wife while talking to our friend he told we all read lalithasahasramnama today (NEW YEAR DAY).From some otherfriend I got the CD.WITH THE HELP OC BOOK AND THAT CDwe started learning. till then nearly 10 yrs daily we are recite. Mr BALA told about the sambhashana between Sri Agastya rishi and Sri Bhagavan Hayagriva in the poorva pitikha of Lalitha Sahasranama. Yes NOBODY TOLDME ABOUT THIS.But we knew that. somebody asks you. you to tell. Agastya rishi asked and Haiyagriver told. WE cannot find the guru . you need not go for search ,the GURU WILL COME for you.KNOWING ITSELF ABOUT lalithasahasranamam is great punniya done in the past and still more, see in Phalasruti.

thank you.
regards.
jayala.

Chanting of Lalitha Sahasranamam

Dear Renukaji
I liked your views a lot
I totally subscribe to your views that prayers in any form should be chanted, at any time, when the mind is free from tension an anxiety. During a Ramayana discourse, Shri Morari Bapu, once said that "Pray whenever you feel like it....... and not at specified time slots". What do you feel about Koti Archanais and Laksharchanais?? Does'nt it become mere recitation and ritualistic? I have seen participants racing through the namavallis just keeping numbers in mind? Moreover, people are forced to join in, so that numbers can be achieved. Some of them struggle with the namavalis and mispronunciation occurs. All this sometimes makes the entire exercise a mockery and defeats the purpose behind it.

Namaste Sri Jayala

"I and my wife while talking to our friend he told we all read lalithasahasramnama today (NEW YEAR DAY).From some otherfriend I got the CD.WITH THE HELP OC BOOK AND THAT CDwe started learning. till then nearly 10 yrs daily we are recite. Mr BALA told about the sambhashana between Sri Agastya rishi and Sri Bhagavan Hayagriva in the poorva pitikha of Lalitha Sahasranama. Yes NOBODY TOLDME ABOUT THIS.But we knew that. somebody asks you. you to tell. Agastya rishi asked and Haiyagriver told. WE cannot find the guru . you need not go for search ,the GURU WILL COME for you."

Please refer to the bhasya of Sri Lalitha Sahasranama written by great Sri Bhaskararaya. Even when bhagwan Sri Hayagriva told almost all the sahasranama to Sri Agastya, he was not pleased and he finally asked himto initiate on the rahasya sahasranama. So this is the rahasya sahasranama. So this should be initiated via Sri Guru. But if after you searched hard by checking with pandits/ sastrigal in sringeri and shankara mutt; even then nobody initiated you then if your will is true Amba will give you the permission to recite it in your dream or Amba will initiate you on the dream. so again my humble request please refer through the scriptures. Not even by knowing lalitha sahasranama is punyam, there are methods given in scriptures like by just medidating one nama of Sri Lalithambika one is blessed with kaivalya.

@saroram
And I totally disagree on those words like when mind is free we can chant anything on anytime. In this worldy maya are we not telling any lies? Are we doing our nitya karmaanustana properly? Are we studying the basic foundation samkrita language for understaning scripture properly? Are we following the path of Dharma? Whether our mind is clam even when we our car is struck in heavy traffic jam? And I don't want to continue it further. So making mind free is not a joke. It took such a great amount of time for Sri Bhagvan Ramana to wipe his mind. And it took such a long time for Sri Buddha to wipe of his mind. They don't have mind at all. So it is not a easy job.

Sorry for those harsh words. Anyway i don't see importance in posting my points further.

Thanks
C.R.Bala

Om Namah Shivayah

Dear CRB Sir

Why do you take pains to explain your point. It is like hitting your hea against the wall. There are people who feel it is better to feed some poor than performing Shrardha in a proper way. Let them reap the harvest for the seeds they are sowing. You do not worry.

Bala Sir

I totally understand your frustration about praying, specially when the hindu dharma and culture is is taking a beating, due to modernization. I expressed myself due to helplessness and anguish, that such a powerful mantra as Lalitha Sahasranamam is chanted mechanically I'm sorry if I hurt anybody's sentiments here.

Padmavathi Ji, our Guru usually tells an example. One Guru can explain the importance of a manthra on dheeksha but the importance can be realised by the disciple only by spiritual experience,as taste of Halwa cannot be felt sweet on mere hearing but can be realised the sweet only on eating. Likewise, you do the Parayana as advised regularly with real devotion and see outcome,sorry experience the outcome.Wishes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back