• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Sumangali prarthanai

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have some questions.
1. is it this place to post my queries in this forum?
2. My father expired on 29th dec 2013, i wish to perform sumangali
prarthanai before performing upanayanam for my son in february. can i do it?

3. My elder brother's daughter's marriage is also in february and he also
wishes to perform sumangali prarthanai before the marriage can we do two SPs
separately ?

if you find this is not the right place to post my query please forward to
the appropriate person and also intimate how to place my query to the forums

thanks and regards.

Sri.Shyedhu Sir

1. You have posted your queries in the right place
2. I had a similar problem when we wanted to perform Sumangali Prarthanai before our grandson's upanayananam.

My Cousin expired a few months before the date of Upanayananam and we had to postpone the Sumangali Prarthanai to some time after Varushabdhegam; (still we have not done )

3. Doing Sumangali Prarthanani Separately depends upon Family Tradition, Aathu Vazakkam

Nowadays , there are no joint families, each family is living is different locations, and joining together is not always possible.

This is from the practical point of view.

So It is up to your and your elder brother's family to decide whether to do together or separately.

In our case, as all our brothers are in different places, we do it as per each family's convenience although some 15 years back, we used to do it together.

Hope this helps

Some learned members may also answer your query.

regards

P J

this is the right place. you should not do sumangali praarthana .do it after one year. you should not do upanayanam also now. you have to do uthaka shanthi before upanayanam. only in next february you can do upanayanam .

your brother should not do sumangali praarthana for one year. marriage can be done for his daughter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back