• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

maasikam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone

My mother passed away in Bangalore in the first week of January and I have just finished performing the required ceremonies for the 13 days. I live and work in Sydney, Australia. I had checked with our vadhyar in Bangalore if I could perform the maasikams and oona masikams in Australia, but he said most people who perform the ceremonies abroad do not follow the right way of doing it and instead just give away vazhaikai and rice.

Would it be possible for any of the forum members to advice if the the required ceremonies can be performed in Sydney or Melbourne. The other caveat is that my family practices Sama veda and Vadhyar advised that it might be difficult to find someone who might know the correct procedures abroad from a Samaveda perspective.

I would be very grateful if anyone could please let me know on this.

Thanks
Ganesh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back