• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Teasing Brahminism in Cinemas

G

gurusankariyer

Hi,
The worrying fact is that Brahmins and Brahminism is being teased in Tamil cinemas. The song “Vadumanga” in “Sivakasi” movie is totally teasing the Brhamin culture. There are lot of examples I can list out. No body from Brahmin side, like Brahmins Sangam has not opposed this song. If they would have chosen some other caste in Tamilnadu, they would have raised very big issue and even they would not have allowed the film to get released.

But because of no opposition, they are doing whatever they like. Even though many cini industry people are Brahmins, they don’t care about anything, they just need money..
The worst part of this story is the song is sung by “Anuradha Sriram” who is a Brahmin.

I feel we should strongly oppose these kinds of things, because cinema reaches all people. We should take some steps forward to oppose these kinds of criticism of Brahmanism in Cinemas.
bye
Gurusankar Iyer

Friends

Please, please avoid comments targetting people on caste or religious basis. I understand the anger and the frustration. We will gain nothing but more hatred by propagating negative ideas on other groups of people. We should be positive and channelize all our frustrations and anger in a positive manner.

Please do adhere to the forum rules when posting messages and thanks for your cooperation.

Last edited:
Hinduism Vs Rest

as far as i know, as per censor rules it s an offence to certify any film which potrays any caste/ community/ religion in an offensive manner. you certify the film after deleting the objectionable portions or dont certify the film at al. that being the case, it s really surprising how so many tamil films which potray brahmins (particularly women) in an offensive maner are certified. i think the censor officcials must have accepted bribes for sure.or are they ignorant about censor rules?

i a film called 'madurai' the hero asks a maami when you wil get married. maami means an elderly brahmin women wearing madisaar. only married women wear madisar. the maami shown inthe scene is wearing madisaar saree. so she must definitely be married. the director does not even know that only married brhmin ladies wear madisaar. even the censors do not know this it seems, if you are so very ignorant about brahmins customs, practices better not to show them at all. why cut a sorry figure like this?

the so called periyar said propagating religions is barbaric. but the dmk t.nadu c.m. karunanidhi, yesterday posed and flirted with bishops, fathers from many chruches. now these fathers not only propogate religion, they even propagate conversions! to propagate religions is barbaric, to propagate converions is 'rational' seems to be the policy of dmk govt!

jai anjaneya!

I Agree. What do we do now? Can we contact the Film Industry Association? We should also try contacting Anuradha Sriram and let her know about this.

gurusankariyer said:
Hi,
The worrying fact is that Brahmins and Brahminism is being teased in Tamil cinemas. The song “Vadumanga” in “Sivakasi” movie is totally teasing the Brhamin culture. There are lot of examples I can list out. No body from Brahmin side, like Brahmins Sangam has not opposed this song. If they would have chosen some other caste in Tamilnadu, they would have raised very big issue and even they would not have allowed the film to get released.

But because of no opposition, they are doing whatever they like. Even though many cini industry people are Brahmins, they don’t care about anything, they just need money..
The worst part of this story is the song is sung by “Anuradha Sriram” who is a Brahmin.

I feel we should strongly oppose these kinds of things, because cinema reaches all people. We should take some steps forward to oppose these kinds of criticism of Brahmanism in Cinemas.
bye
Gurusankar Iyer

I dont know how the system works in India. But... can somebody file a grievance with the Censor Board, objecting to a certain movie hurting their religion, caste, sentiments, or whatever?
Do you have a process?

Hinduism Vs Rest

HI JSIyengar AND ALL OTHER! i think representing to the central gvt. is only way perhaps. these violations i.e. teasing brahmins in cinemas are all against censor rules and taking place with total connivance of censor officials.

OTHER NEWS : madhani, the main accused n coimbatore bomb blast s going to file bail in supreme court. his bail petition has already been rejected 2 or 3 times in supremen court. how then does he hv the courage to file a petition again? the reason is, he feels, the new dmk govt in t.ndu will not oppose his bail petition. so he can come out easily from prision on bail and continue with his terrorist activities with the blessings of dmk, commuinst and congress. how s that N. Ram editor of the hindu, the foremost scavenger in secular toilet keeping quiet? he barks against bjp always without any provocation. but he has no qualms about flirting with dmk, commnist , congress.

Mr.M. KARUNANIDHI, DMK chief minister of t.nadu retorts that his govt. is not a minority govt. but only about 96 MLAs are sitting in ruling govt. benches. the rest of them including congress, communists r sitting in oppositionbenches. so technically,. constitutionally the dmk govt. is a minority govt. it s surprising that the chief minister does not know the differece between a minority govt. and a coalition govt.

let us all pray to god that lallu prasad yadav criminal no.1 in indian politics should not get bail in supreme court in fodder scam case.

regarding vegeteranism, hinduism is the only religion which bans nn vegetarians from entering temples. even if you r a believer, if you r a non vegetarian, u cannot enter a temple. however, if you r a vegetarian, even if you are not a believer, you are considered a hindu and you can enter temples. this s the beauty of hinduism not to be seen in any other religion.

OM NAMASIVAYA!!

Give Comedy a Chance, Learn to laugh at yourself

gurusankariyer said:
Hi,

bye
Gurusankar Iyer

Come on Sir:
Give comedy a chance, Learn to laugh at yourself, you will improve, your bloodpresessure will reduce.

All good and bad things must come to an end.

However, I propose every Brahmin youth learn martial arts, no need to eat those stupid "eggs" those eggheads propagate - WILL POWER IS STRONGER THAN Non-Veg,.

Perhaps we should generously contribute to our youth to learn martial arts, to culture a new blend of brahmin youth for the years to come - strengthen mental intelligence with muscle and will power.

We have to come out from backbiting each other. This is how muslims have been dashing - though they have now begun to kill themselves.

Regards
ceetharam

Here are some must reads:
http://www.voiceofdharma.com/books/cpak/ch1.html
http://www.bharatvani.org/books/imwat/

hinduism vs rest

hi seetharam and others! yes i agree that eggs or non vegeteranism are not reliable solutions. great personalities like vivekanadar ramakrishan parmahamsa, paramacharya, ramana maharishi, swami rghavendra, gandhiji were all pure vegetarians. they also did not know martial arts, it is only through sheer will power, determination, belief in god that they suceeded in life, stood as an example for others and did so many good for the society andcountry. why not try yoga instead of martial arts? i dnt think you can compare a vegetarian, old religion like hinduism with a non vegetrian, new religion like islam.

some pseudo marxist intelllects are justifying the mumbai blasts by saying that only because of babri masjid demolition these blasts are taking place as a revenge. by this sort of views, you can even justify murder, rape, hijacking, kidnapping etc.,

religion is te opium of masses - say communists
communism is the opium of asses - say the people of india!!
(please do not say this s a personal attack. even if it s an attack, is certainly not an abuse!)

JAYA JAYA SHREE SUDARSANA!!

N.SURESH said:
hi seetharam ........ why not try yoga instead of martial arts? i dnt think you can compare a vegetarian, old religion like hinduism with a non vegetrian,....
..............!

I stand corrected, Yoga IS stronger than Martial Arts. The point is we brahmins have remained meek and spineless. I can see the difference how the gujus were in 1959...1964 in (in arabia and bombay ) compare with today's Guju youth... not easy to confront them.

ceetharam

ceetharam said:
I stand corrected, Yoga IS stronger than Martial Arts. The point is we brahmins have remained meek and spineless. I can see the difference how the gujus were in 1959...1964 in (in arabia and bombay ) compare with today's Guju youth... not easy to confront them.

ceetharam

I am not sure if you want to equate Yoga with Martial Arts. They both do different things. I have been practicing yoga since boyhood for over 40 years!
I wish I had Judo or Karate available in those days; being the youngest in my classes, I was always picked on by other older boys! Anyway, I do see value in teaching youngsters martial arts; it definitely gives you tremendous self-discipline and self-confidence. I agree with Ceetharam that our younsters should learn martial arts.

Hinduism Vs Rest

HI SEETHARAM AND ALL OTHERS! i dont thik brahmins are all that weak or spineless. till 1956 in undivided south ndia brahmins formed almost 20% o fthe total population. no party could win electins withouth brahmin support. so much so that the anti-brahmin, pro-british ramasamy periyar's justice party was totally routed and the DK decided not even to contest elections since they could not get brahmin vote. suddenly i 1956 nehru decided to partition south india on linguistic basis. thus 4 states were formed. the brahmins were scattered all over and it became easy for politicians to win elections inspite of abusing brahmins. muslims have increased their popultion by three means - 1. by conversions. 2. by infiltration from pak, bangladesh and 3. by refusing to accept family planning. brahmins on the other hnd have totally accepted family planning. many of them have migrated outside india.you can see from the census reports that over the years, population of brahmins all over india has drastically come down whereas population of muslims has increased over and above the national growth rate.

om namo bhagavathe vasudevaaya namaha!!

Ramakrishna & Vivekananda Were Non-vegetarians

N.SURESH said:
hi seetharam and others! yes i agree that eggs or non vegeteranism are not reliable solutions. great personalities like vivekanadar ramakrishan parmahamsa, paramacharya, ramana maharishi, swami rghavendra, gandhiji were all pure vegetarians. they also did not know martial arts, it is only through sheer will power, determination, belief in god that they suceeded in life, stood as an example for others and did so many good for the society andcountry. why not try yoga instead of martial arts? i dnt think you can compare a vegetarian, old religion like hinduism with a non vegetrian, new religion like islam.

some pseudo marxist intelllects are justifying the mumbai blasts by saying that only because of babri masjid demolition these blasts are taking place as a revenge. by this sort of views, you can even justify murder, rape, hijacking, kidnapping etc.,

religion is te opium of masses - say communists
communism is the opium of asses - say the people of india!!
(please do not say this s a personal attack. even if it s an attack, is certainly not an abuse!)

JAYA JAYA SHREE SUDARSANA!!

All Bengalis, from Brahmins to Harijans, eat fish. Sri Ramakrishna was a Bengali Brahmin and initially he ate fish. But subsequently he is said to have given up fish-eating. Swami Vivekananda was a KAAYASTHA by caste ( an accountant community which is the counterpart of the KANAKKAR OR KARUNEEGAR community of TN) and he too was a fish-eater. Swami Brahmananda, a direct disciple of Sri Ramakrishna like Vivekananda, has justified meat-eating in one of his books !!!
Anyway vegetarianism is said to be a "thapas" by itself and is an ideal for the whole of humanity. Unfortunately most humans eat meat!
:ballchain:

Last edited by a moderator:
hinduism vs rest

hi kaundinya and all others!! yes i agre that unfortunately all over the world and evenin india majority are non veggies. but unlike other countries, we in india have a constitution which prohibits cattle slaughter, prohibits drinking alcohol, asks all indians to have compassio towards all living creatures, bans killing and/or slaying and/or even injuring of animals. should not indians reespect law and constitution and give up eating meat?

om namo bgahavathe mana sudarsanaaya namaha!!

Hi Suresh,

Is vegetarianism/non-vegetarianism such an important issue that most of your postings revolve around this issue? Please explain why.

Also I notice that you frequently quote the constitution in your postings. Please quote the section and article number and post the exact wordings of the constitution within quotation marks. This will give the rest of us who haven't read the Constitution as thoroughly as you have, an opportunity to read the actual words and decide for ourselves how to think about the issue.

Thanks.

N.SURESH said:
hi kaundinya and all others!! yes i agre that unfortunately all over the world and evenin india majority are non veggies. but unlike other countries, we in india have a constitution which prohibits cattle slaughter, prohibits drinking alcohol, asks all indians to have compassio towards all living creatures, bans killing and/or slaying and/or even injuring of animals. should not indians reespect law and constitution and give up eating meat?

om namo bgahavathe mana sudarsanaaya namaha!!

gurusankariyer said:
Hi,

bye
Gurusankar Iyer

its not like that!
when you view neutrally you could observe all castes being degraded by their behaviour/habits in some way or other.have you not seen naikars,thevars,gounders,chettiars madras tamil nonbramins in madras language both by their dresscode and immorality?..christians,muslims,kannadigas ,malayalees and telugus are also hoodwinked..
GPS

But are there specific movies degrading them?

sarathy said:
its not like that!
when you view neutrally you could observe all castes being degraded by their behaviour/habits in some way or other.have you not seen naikars,thevars,gounders,chettiars madras tamil nonbramins in madras language both by their dresscode and immorality?..christians,muslims,kannadigas ,malayalees and telugus are also hoodwinked..
GPS

Hi,

Let us be honest with oneself and to god.

1. How many english educated brahmins would prefer to take up the job of koil sastrigal ?

2. How many people professionally qualified persons will send their sons to kurukulam for studying vedas ?

3. How many of us would like their daughter, sister to get married to parcticing vedic pandit ?

I am honest and my answer would be "NO"

sometime i feel we are worst hiprocats where we want the benefit of english education and also the culture which we practice in person rather than in the presence of socity.

Probably we react when people like karunanidi wants to put non brahmins in the job. I know in many temple in villages most of the temple related works are done by non brahmin as there is no brahmin to do the work and they have moved out.

Probably what we have to do is that among the brahmins, who are working should act as vaishays, kshatriyas and shudras to protect those brahmins who take the task of protecting our culture. And the practicing brahmins must be given the highest respect of being the guru and encourage girls marrying them rather than looking down and calling them only for either marriage or for death. and those practicing brhamins adhere to the highest morale standards set by our sastras. We must not go out to others for donations and carry our culture with our own resources.

One of my non brahmins friend sarcastically says that the brahmins temples require resource of non brahmins and not them. I donot have any answer. If you take money from any person you are bound by them. All of us know that krishna did not have food in the house of any other person other than vidura even after duryodhana invited him.

I want people to discuss the same in more objective manner.

pspsarathy...reply..reg

i have discussed in my first mail on hindu religious practitioners course on the matter of hindu religious practices as a profession.we can even start a university/college for religious practices!
any profession has good and bad angles.
people live by doing some jobs!
right from scavenger ..barber...to ...
no profession is degraded.
Somebody remarked that this not a forum for caste discussion!
but community development includes all good and bad practices.
let us form a hindu fold,educate all hindus on community practices and let them practice their cults along with respecting others.
no rationalism/DK feelings/ aethism /mocking at religious practices and conventional way of life should come in the way.
hindus should not be mocked by hindus or any other religion.
LET US HAVE A STRONG HINDU FOLD.
GPS

A most excellent post, as always Mr. Suresh. We are on the same page.

religious practices course.

i am happy to see the encouraging reply mails from several members to my letter on starting a hindu religious practitioners course for community at large....nearly 30 percent of population will be assured of self employment! along with their existing jobs.! in this program, all hindus will get protection,identity and against DK, aethists,rationalists and other religions.
how to go about it.
i need greater involvement of members.
GPS

hello sirs...i may not be in a position to debate with u people as ur grown up nd 'm jus budding...anywayz my opinion is that, its we people who spoil our culture..even many of my relatives nd frenz of my own community r claiming tat egg has become veg, nd r taking nv too..we don hav a strong unity amongst us nd r even becoming as minority now-a-dayz....tats y cine field nd others r abusing us...is there any other community which has been portrayed so sarcastically?? i don think so...as seetharam sir has mentioned, we r becoming spineless..tatz y they call upon as ambi, thayirsatham,etc...we d youngsters need ur guidance to overlook tis crisis...can u plz??????????

Latest ads

Back