• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Kasi shrardham

Status
Not open for further replies.
kindly see in the sticky thread on krishna ankaaraka chathurthasi . you will get more details about kasi, ramesvaram yatra.

be careful of the ganapadigals. in my opinion all of them take you for a ride. it is plain business for them. arrange for all money to be paid in one shot. no bit and pieces for sambavanais. you will not know when this call comes. just plain refuse. this is my experience.

i guess they will be going to gaya too..

ignore the corruption. ignore the poverty. keep strong faith and perform what you came to do. there are a few gem of priests who work under the rich ganapadigals. be generous to them. some will accept the money you give. others will not, because they are contented with what they have.

best wishes.

be careful of the ganapadigals. in my opinion all of them take you for a ride. it is plain business for them. arrange for all money to be paid in one shot. no bit and pieces for sambavanais. you will not know when this call comes. just plain refuse. this is my experience.

i guess they will be going to gaya too..

ignore the corruption. ignore the poverty. keep strong faith and perform what you came to do. there are a few gem of priests who work under the rich ganapadigals. be generous to them. some will accept the money you give. others will not, because they are contented with what they have.

best wishes.
pandas and the squalor can turn off even the most ardent believers
avoid the winter weather or take sufficient woollens
book yourself into decent hotels online
language can be a barrier. take some who can communicate in hindi.
if you can afford go in for air travel. train travel in lawless UP,Bihar is a horror. no reservation rules really apply
approaching gaya from calcutta would be easier. while delhi would be good for varanasi. opt for rajdhani if you opt for train travel from delhi or calcutta
try spending minimum time in varanasi and gaya and escape to calcutta or delhi at the earliest
good luck

Thank you sir

pandas and the squalor can turn off even the most ardent believers
avoid the winter weather or take sufficient woollens
book yourself into decent hotels online
language can be a barrier. take some who can communicate in hindi.
if you can afford go in for air travel. train travel in lawless UP,Bihar is a horror. no reservation rules really apply
approaching gaya from calcutta would be easier. while delhi would be good for varanasi. opt for rajdhani if you opt for train travel from delhi or calcutta
try spending minimum time in varanasi and gaya and escape to calcutta or delhi at the earliest
good luck

I had been there in Sep 2013. had a pleasant experience.Krishnamoorthy Ganapadigal ( Native Swamimalai) did a wonderful job. His # are : Shivkumar :09935276064. if u need any further details, u can call me 9445021712

Yes, I agree with you pvnatarajan Sir; we had been to Kasi and had the best experience of doing all Rituals through Sri Krishnamurthy Ganapadigal and his son Sri. Sivakumar; they organize things very smoothly including Gaya Srarthdam.

However prior going to Kasi, it is better to talk to them personally and get more details.

There is one Lodging facility has come up just opposite to his house and the Room Rental is moderate, you can book the required rooms through Sri.Sivakumar .

Best wishes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back