• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Vathima website

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

CHANDRU1849

Recently, I have come across a Website meant for VATHIMA Iyers. The
purpose of this Website, it seems, is to collect information on Vathima Iyers living in India and abroad. Per this Web, there are more than 250 Vathima families living in the US.

Is there any Website available exclusively for other Iyer Sub-sects
and the two Kalais in the Iyengar Community?

hi
till now here hindu bashers/brahmin bashers are just together...now subsect iyers/iyengears bashers started again....THIS IS BIG

SIN OF BRAHMINISM.....

This kind of statement is derogatory and insulting. No different from racist epithets. You should either delete it or apologise.

what is deragatory here and i will apologize. i always think of vada ma as vadai & maavu. vaathima as vaathu & maavu. such is my attitude towards our own divisions. i always feel the more divided we are, the more we are prey to others.

having said that, please tell me what is deragatory. i am curious. apologizing is not an issue. but i need to know what to apologize for. ok? :)

:peace:

Last edited:
what is deragatory here and i will apologize. i always think of vada ma as vadai & maavu. vaathima as vaathu & maavu. such is my attitude towards our own divisions. i always feel the more divided we are, the more we are prey to others.

having said that, please tell me what is deragatory. i am curious. apologizing is not an issue. but i need to know what to apologize for. ok? :)

Thanks for the explanation, I could not make that connection. LOL

When I was in Middle School I learnt about the various subsects from a visitor at home .. I still remember what he told me ..
I am sharing this because it is funny when I remembered .. no offense intended to anyone
வாத்திமா எல்லாரும் பொல்லதவா
I do not know what the Vatthima people have said about Vadaama people - probably the same :)

When I was in Middle School I learnt about the various subsects from a visitor at home .. I still remember what he told me ..
I am sharing this because it is funny when I remembered .. no offense intended to anyone
I do not know what the Vatthima people have said about Vadaama people - probably the same :)
hi
i heard when i was young in my home......... VADAMA KATTU....VATHIMA SETTU.....BRAHACHARANAM PE PE....ASTHASASTRAM

SOMETHING.....NO OFFENCE INTENDED TO ANYONE....SORRY....

In Middle School this is what was also learned about vadamas வடமா எல்லாரும் கிறுக்கன்கள் -no offense intended to anyone

Last edited:

Use of epithets like duck, frog, etc in referring to a different ethnic, racial or national subgroups in a community are considered symptoms of an underlying subconscious racist attitude, which transforms into a bullying attitude among the children. You have been living in North America, you should be aware of this.

Among white Caucasian Americans, some retard arrogant ones often use terms like dago (duck-feet) for people of Italian descent, frog for the French, kraut for Germans, limey for the British, etc. Wop (without papers) is an epithet used for people of Italian descent, because many early Italian immigrants had no papers to identify themselves. Also Guinea is the most vile slur that can be used against an italian-american implying that they are non-whites (really?).(Guinea refers to the Guinea Coast of Africa).

So when you state that you associate vathimas with ducks ……… what else should one call your statement? I hope you get the point.

Last edited:
Here is some guy with the name of மின்னம்பலக்கூத்தன் discussing the subsects! I wonder how he made up such cock-and-bull story?

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/mintamil/XRb6BSHbeWM/zYiwZ3-_JEUJ

ஒரு முறை சோழநாட்டில் பல பகுதிகளிலும் வாழ்ந்த நான்குவகை அந்தணர்களும் தங்களின் வேதப்புலமையை அரசர் முன் வெளிப்படுத்தச் சோழ மன்னனைச் சந்திக்கச் சென்றனர். அவ்வாறு அவர்கள் சென்றபோது சோழ அரசன் காவிரியின் அக்கரையில் இருந்தான்

வேதவிற்பன்னர்கள் சந்திக்க வந்துள்ளதை அறிந்த அரசன் அவர்களை வேதம் ஓதிக்கொண்டே காவிரி ஆற்றின் மீது நடந்து அக்கரைக்கு வருமாறு ஆணை யிட்டான்

காவிரியன் பொங்கி வரும் நீரின் மீது நடந்து அக்கரைக்குச் சென்றவர்கள் பிரஹச்சரணம்

கணுக்கால் அளவு நிரில் மூழ்கிய கால்களுடன் மந்திரம் ஓதிக்கொண்டு அக்கரையை அடைந்தவர்கள் வடமா பிரிவினர்

இடுப்பளவு நீரில் பாதி மூழ்கிப் பாதி மிதந்து மந்திரம் ஓதி அக்கரையை அடைந்தவர்கள் மத்திமா என்ற வாத்திமா பிரிவினர்

அப்படியே காவிரி நீரில் மூழ்கி அடித்துச் செல்லப்பட்ட எட்டாயிரம்பேர் என்ற அஸ்டசஹஸ்ரம் என்ற பிரிவினர்

Demanding an apology has merit and serves no purpose because, the statement was made with the express intention of insulting and making a slur (verbal violence). Even if the badmouther condescends to make a response - it will be something like this - it is not my intention to hurt anyone, did not expect that, regret if my words have inadvertently caused any hurt - and such bla bla.

It is better to give a fitting, more powerful reply.

This kind of statement is derogatory and insulting. No different from racist epithets. You should either delete it or apologise.

K. you have started it here again .Your keen intellect and humor has kept me hooked to this website.keep it up .you. may end up as a new age brahmin bashing guru with a lot of followers

Last edited:
Demanding an apology has merit and serves no purpose because, the statement was made with the express intention of insulting and making a slur (verbal violence). Even if the badmouther condescends to make a response - it will be something like this - it is not my intention to hurt anyone, did not expect that, regret if my words have inadvertently caused any hurt - and such bla bla.

It is better to give a fitting, more powerful reply.

dear sarang, please provide a fitting more powerful reply. thank you. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back