• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

How do we reduce India's dependence on Oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
A relevant picture which tells 1000 words on how to reduce oil imports & make our economy zoom

BaLtYdfCIAAT4zB.jpg:large

Soon we will face oxygen pollution. Everyone has to wear oxypulsemeter to check overdose and compensate by breathing N2 or CO2.

A relevant picture which tells 1000 words on how to reduce oil imports & make our economy zoom

BaLtYdfCIAAT4zB.jpg:large
Picture sure looks good in 5th grade book for 9-10 year old kid.
How many of such commercial projects are there? What is the cost of producing 1unit of energy?
There are commercial desalination projects in operation. There other forms of energy generation being used successfully in the world.
There is wind farms
Wind Farms - Multiple wind turbines at a single location

There is solar panel farms

Information About Solar Panel Farms | Home Guides | SF Gate
And other type of alternative energy sources.
The initial cost is prohibitive and cost per unit of energy will be unacceptable.

It is difficult to replace fossil based energy source because of cost and convenience of transportation.

In California you can see Hydrogen cell cars on the road.

I understand that Arab domination due to petroleum will reduce when shale oil production in US goes full steam in another ten years. Our country has a lot of natural gas but the full potential is yet to be tapped.

Alternative cost effective fuels are still in the distant horizon.

shale oil will free the usa from foreign oil dependence. already usa is 100% or close to it, self sufficient. TECHNOLOGY!!

india being dirt poor in oil, can have conservation methods like people can use their vehicles only on alternate days. or bringing about a ration in petrol, just like other commodities. ie selling petrol at current rate only for certain amount, and doubling the price otherwise.

hydrogen fuel is long known. but no efficient method to commercially harness it. yet.

only if the usa had been poor of oil, they would have spent the money and effort for hydrogen cells and such alternate energy. hopefully the chinese may step in. let us pray for it. india, for all its talk, doesn't have the vision or the willpower to spend money effort on alternate fuels.

Ellis wyatt's resurrected! There are indications that he too will face resistance as rearden did.

Shale oil, atlas shrugged, ayn rand.

shale oil will free the usa from foreign oil dependence. .
and usher in the end to the planet as we know it ...

Ellis wyatt's resurrected! There are indications that he too will face resistance as rearden did.

Shale oil, atlas shrugged, ayn rand.
I don't know whether you realize or not, Randism is not very popular even among Republicans....

Just for a thought!!!!

During the pre 90's, A phone connection was dear to indians, Need to pay upfront rs.2000, after 3 years(incase of metro and if rural it depends when it might come), incase if the indian is unlucky, the indian government phone company will say your line had been wrongly given to someone of the same street, please wait, after 8 months, the phone might come, If you have any billing issues,,,,,,,, then you are in the middle of the desert searching for water.
Now there is the housewife preparing the list of diwali inam... first comes the telephone department, if you anger them.... that's all, your line will go dead. or if you dial salem TN, you might endup in salem, NH, USA. Only god knows.... how the correct calls end up as wrong calls.
The officials there thought that SUN NEVER SETS IN THEIR COUNTRY. But god atlast shone on indians from the mercy of corrupt and sleeping indian government officials in the form of CELLPHONE.

Today the same indian govenment telephone officials are placing an umbrella on the road side and selling sim cards... that too free..... even now some have not repented, Once near kolathur one umbrella guy stated the sim is free and need to recharge rs.70/-, on the way to pattalam i came across another umbrella guy who said sim is rs.100/- and recharge is extra, i told him i will purchase at kolathur, he showed his ugly face at me, and then gave me the free sim, i paid rs.100/- was expecting rs.30/- in return, he gave only 25/- and said no 5 rupee change. i could find the amount in his cash box.

If not for those scientists these guys would have ruined the country, because for a business phone connection is must. Only then trade grows, which makes the country prosperous....

GOD I want remedy from two guys, TNEB, METROWATER, when will that day occur..........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back