• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

slokam to score marks in X board exam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hanuman Chalisa, the boon of Saint Tulsidas to all the Hindus in the world, will find a place in every home where it can act as a panacea for all problems, be they physical, mental or spiritual. Saint Thulasi Das who was a great admirer of Hanuman, wrote these forty verses praising Hanuman and called it “Hanuman Chalisa”. This is possibly the most popular Hindu prayer written in Hindi even today. Its extreme simplicity makes it dear to everyone’s heart. A video clipping of this prayer is also included in the post.

Sri Guru charana saroja raj,
Nija mana mukura sudhar,
Varanau Raghuvara vimala yasa,
Jo dayaka phala char.

Having cleaned the mirror of my mind,
With the lotus like feet of my teacher,
I describe the unsullied fame of Lord Rama,
Which would give me the four fold wealth.

Hanuman Chalisa | Kanchi Periva Forum

i need a slokam to be recited daily for my son to score good marks in board exam

Mam,

I appreciate your anxiety to ensure that your son score more marks in X board exam.,

What is important is that your son has to work hard,repeat work hard. There is no compromise on this. As a parent, you may ensure a peaceful environment (I mean without any distraction like TV,etc) to enable him to concentrate on his studies and guide him properly to accomplish his goal of achieving more marks.

As for as I am concerned, Slokam and Mantrams are only secondary. You/he can recite Hanuman Chalisa as suggestedby Nannilam Balasubramanian Sir or the slokams given hereunder : The choice is yours.

Read some where:
Goals are to life what wheelsare to trains.
They keepus on track
Anvilsdream of being hammers
You willonly get from the universe that for which you ask’

Shanti Mantra – Om Sahana Vavatu
Om Sahana Vavatu
Sahanau Bhunaktu
Sahaveeryam Karavavahai

Tejas Vinavati Tamastuma vidhwishavahai
Om Shanti Shanti Shantihi

Briefexplanation

At the beginning of a class, the teacher and students generally recite this peace invocation together. Both seek the Lord’s blessings for study that is free of obstacles, such as poor memory, or the inability to concentrate or poor health.They also seek blessings for a conducive relationship, without which communication of any subject matter is difficult. Therefore, this prayer is important for both the teacher and the student.

Saraswathi Shlokams
Saraswathi Namastubhyam
VaradeKamarupini
VidyarambamKarishyami
SiddhirBhavatu Me Sada

Brief Explanation
This prayer is chanted before beginning a class or at the beginning of one’s studies so thatall learning may resolve in knowledge alone. It is addresses to Goddess Saraswathi, who symbolizes all forms of knowledge, including the knowledge ofthe performing arts. Knowledge is a fundamental pursuit of human life, and alife of study and learning provides nourishment and discipline to the humanintellect. In the Vedic culture, study is considered one’s duty.

Hyagreevar Shlokam
(This slokais to be recited before children start their daily school work/studies)
GyaananandamayamDevam
NirmalaSpadikakruthim
AadaramSarva Vidyanaam
HyagreevamUpasmahe

Vidyaarambam begins with a prayer to Sri Hyagreeva (Lordwith the Horse’s face) Haya-horse; greeva-neck. You are the presidingdeity for all knowledge. We pray to you to bless us with all the knowledge.

All the best

Last edited by a moderator:
Normally everyday one must chant Lord Ganesha's Mantra initially.
Because, HE gives a good start, besides removing all obstacle
if any.

As given by Shri Balasubramanian, one should also chant Hayagreeva
Slokam, who is the God of Knowledge. HE not only imparts, gives
courage and Wisdom.

Now one has to come to Goddess Saraswathi, who is most important
Deity for Educational development. In fact, SHE is known as Mother
of all Vedas. Besides SHE is the wife of Lord Brhama. By worshiping
Goddess Saraswathi one can attain good memory power besides
knowledge of inventional attitude.

Please find hereunder Lord Hayagreeva with Sloka.

One can also add the following in the list of Slokas to be chanted daily
at least 11 times in the morning after taking bath.

Om Shreem Hreem Saraswatyai Namaha

Om Aksharyai Namaha (Goddess Saraswathi only takes us towards Akshar in any language.)

Om Akshar Kridaratyai Namaha (Goddess Saraswathi is the Originator for creation of any
Aksharam or Letters in any Language)

Gayathri Mantra

Om Vageeshwaryai Vidhmahe Vagwadeenyae dheemahi Tanno Saraswathi Prachodayath

This is also an wonderful mantra, if you have time, one can chant thinking of Sheeradi Baba.

Lalitham Sridharam,

Lalitham Baskaram and

Lalitham Sudarshanam

Last edited:
To improve memory power and remove loss of memory

Yaadevi Sarva Bootheshu Smruthiroopena Samsthitha
Namasthasyai Namasthasyai Namasthasyai Namo Namaha

108 times in the morning

To score good marks and to acquire good education

Ba Shyathi Sarvasasthraani Yechaanye Niyamaaha Tatha
Aksharaanicha Sarvaani Dhvanthu Devu Namosthuthe

8 times in the morning

These are also important slokas, particularly children has to know.

srimathin,

hopefully your son is working hard to produce results. what comes out is only a function of what goes in. ofcourse sometimes sheer bad luck at play, causes unfavourable results.

i am very much aware of the intensity of the pressures of today's school system. i would suggest, that while prayers are a support system, they should not be depended to 'deliver' the centum or whatever marks that is expected. then it will only be a hit or miss.

and there is no use blaming God for your son's substandard marks. also pls do not give the impression to your son, that saying the prayers will deliver the marks. i think the prayers are for your benefit than his.

any other type of supplemental help like tutoring etc may also be of help.

i wish your son the best in his exams. and for good marks. God Bless.

To improve memory power and remove loss of memory

Yaadevi Sarva Bootheshu Smruthiroopena Samsthitha
Namasthasyai Namasthasyai Namasthasyai Namo Namaha

108 times in the morning

To score good marks and to acquire good education

Ba Shyathi Sarvasasthraani Yechaanye Niyamaaha Tatha
Aksharaanicha Sarvaani Dhvanthu Devu Namosthuthe

8 times in the morning

These are also important slokas, particularly children has to know.

dear NB,

i think it is a matter of faith to recite these prayers right? like any prayers, it is a beseech to God to see us through a wish or crisis. the chances of it becoming true are as much as it becomes false.

i do not know whether it is good to inculcate such habits in the minds of the youngsters ie say your prayers to improve your memory to get good marks. i think there is no substitute to hard methodical regular work habits including homework.

also each one of us is provided with different talents. some take to some subjects and others dont. it is a fact of life. and the smart ones adjust their career aspirations based on what their aptitudes are.

to blindly seek high marks based on prayers, may ultimately end up in disappointment, and folks to propagate such solutions, i think, should be cautious about this. this is not a matter of hindu religion and practices. this is no more different than the advertisements you see in tamil magazines, re improving virility or an astrologer 'guaranteeing' 100% prayaschithams for doshams.

it may work. it may not work. 50 50 at its best :) n'est pas? why dont we include the disclaimers too, so that the recepients are not duped?

i need a slokam to be recited daily for my son to score good marks in board exam

Dear Sri,

I will tell you a short story.

I wonder if you heard it before.

Once there was a flood..a man refused all rescue aid cos he wanted God to save him.

When his house got flooded..the rescuers asked to him to come with them..he said"No God will save me"

Then the water levels rose and he had to climb on top of his car.

Rescuers came in a boat and asked him to hop in..He said "No God will save me"

The water levels rose again..this time he had to climb on to the house roof.

Rescuers came by helicopter..they said "climb in"

He still said 'No..God will save me"

Ok now this guy finally drowned and died..he went to Heaven and asked God "I prayed so hard to You and had some much faith and You..why didn't You save me?"

God replied "hey dont say I did not try to save you...I sent the rescue personnel 3 times to you and each time you refused the help given"

So my dear Sri..ask your son to study hard and just recite what ever prayer that makes him happy and confident..bless him before he goes for exam.

There is no shloka that can make us score..its only hard work that can make you score well.

Best of Luck.

Last edited:
Dear Renu,

Srimathi wants to recite some slokAs for her son to score good marks. I am sure this will give her peace of mind

and hope that all will go well during the period of the board exams. Sincere prayer has its effects, right? :)

Besides, the above, I would like to mention about Panchamuka
Gayathri. If this is chanted one can overcome from any troubles.

Om Anjaneyaya Vidmahe Panchavaktraaya Dheemahi
Tanno Hanumath Prachodayaath

Besides the above, one can chant the following too, whenever time
permits. The undermentioned Gayathris are powerful ones.

Hanuman Gayatri:

Shree aanjaneyaya vidmahe mahabalaaya dhimahi tanno Kapi prachodayat

Narasimha Gayatri:

Vajranakhaaya vidmahe tikshanadamshtraya dhimahi tanno Narasimha prachodayat

Garuda Gayatri:

Tatpurushaaya vidmahe suvarna pakshaya dhimahi tanno Garudah prachodayat

Varaha Gayatri:

Om dhanurdharaya vidmahe vakradamshyara dhimahi tanno Varaha: prachodayat

Hayagriva Gayatri:

Om vaagishwaraaya vidmahe Hayagrivaaya dhimahi tanno hangsa prachodayaat

Prayer to Panchamuka Hanuman can relieve a person from all fears,
enemies would be kept away and it protects those who take refuge to HIM
by chanting HIS Slokas.

Why give false hope? If you did not study hard, there is very little chance of scoring well.

Let us someone wanted to get pregnant, and prayed a lot to all possible gods, but stayed virgin and practices celibacy will it do any good?

If the travel ticket costs a lot of money an Insurance is acceptable, similarly a prayer after hard work and good luck is not wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back