• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

World's Cheapest Tablet

Status
Not open for further replies.
The youtube upload is dated, Published on Nov 30, 2012. In terms of technology innovation it is ancient.

<br>[video=youtube;tiqFI_uFTqk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tiqFI_uFTqk[/video]
Uploaded on Oct 13, 2011

It was reviewed in 2011 and found to be pretty bad.
In February 2012, the Aakash tablet was one of the biggest embarrassments of the year. Instead of a home-grown device that could deliver great value for students, we got a tablet whose touch screen worked inaccurately and with lag, one that was so slow that most apps wouldn’t work properly, and worse, it needed to be reset fully after a few hours of use. In Mint’s reviews of Aakash and Aakash 2, the overall user experience was unsatisfactory.The development of the tablet has since been shifted from the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Jodhpur, to IIT Bombay, and the team there says a new version, skipping a generation and labelled Aakash 4, is coming soon, even as software development continues. In the interim, they have overseen development of the Aakash 2.1 tablet (the third-generation), which features some improvements and comes with a 1 GHz processor, 512 MB RAM, 4 GB storage and runs on Android 4.0.
The born-again Aakash tablet - Livemint
10 reasons why Aakash tablet can be a failure

Last edited:
some points to note incase of purchasing a TABLET

cheapest is bsnl penta 701r, for rs.3200/- at chennai across the stores,
without sim, but this is a draw back,
You need internet connection,
need to purchase dongle(rs.1300), now every dongle or data card will not support. It has got its own list of supporting ones. Now you need to add multiport usb support which costs rs.50-60/- in richie street, else rs.350/- in your local stores. Now key board is extra which costs rs.250-400, incase of china make, which comes with a leather case. else leather case alone costs rs.100/-.

I want to buy a 10 inch tablet (without sim). It should weigh less than 1 kg. should have wi-fi. I should be able to create, edit and store documents in Indian languages. should support microsoft word documents, excel documents, adobe pdf writer, pdf reader. In short, should be a mini laptop and an e-reader. price no restraint.
Is such a device available?

I want to buy a 10 inch tablet (without sim). It should weigh less than 1 kg. should have wi-fi. I should be able to create, edit and store documents in Indian languages. should support microsoft word documents, excel documents, adobe pdf writer, pdf reader. In short, should be a mini laptop and an e-reader. price no restraint.
Is such a device available?

This week I will be buying a similar thing , and let you know shortly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back