• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Saranam Ayyappa

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Ramachander

[h=3]Saranam Ayyappa[/h][h=3]Another Ayyappa season has started and the millions of devotees of Dharma Sastha would be daily praying that Dharma Sastha in very many languages .Late in last Sabari Malai season, I did three important translations , which I brought to your attention then. Now I am again bringing them before you all[/h][h=3]1.Nurani Sastha Preethi songs[/h][h=3]Nurani is a Kerala Agraharam in Palakkad , where the devotees started celebrating Sastha Preethi long , long ago. Most of these songs are addressed to the Lord of Then Kulathoor in Thirunelveli district of Tamil Nadu where possibly Brahmins as a group started celebrating Sastha Preethi first. Majority of these songs are in Tamil. I had the good fortune of translating the entire collection of these songs in to English ,. You can read them at[/h][h=3]Nurani Sastha Preethi songs[/h][h=3]2.Songs of Sastha Kalyanam at Villivakkam , Madras[/h][h=3]The devotees of Sastha in Villivakkam of Madras who were worshipping the Kalyana Varada Sastha along with his consorts Poorna and Pushkala, under the leadership of Sri R.Viswanatha Sarma , systematized the procedure for celebrating Sastha Kalyanam or the marriage of Sastha with his consorts Poorna and Pushkala. I had the good fortune of translating the entire collection of songs in to English. You may read them at[/h][h=3]Raja Thatha's stotra translations: Sri Sastha Kalyana Manjari by Villi Vakkam Ayyappa Bhajanai sangam[/h][h=3][/h][h=3]3.Ayyappa Ganangal of Bangur Nagar Ayyappa temple , Mumbai[/h][h=3]One of the big centres of Ayyappa devotion in Mumbai is the Bangur Nagar Ayyappa temple in Mumbai. A part of the collection of songs sung in Malayalam in the annual Sastha Preethi of this great temple were translated by me last year. You can Read them at[/h][h=3]Raja Thatha's stotra translations: Ayyappa Ganangal (Malayalam)[/h][h=3]I have translated many other Ayyappa Songs over the years in to English . You can find all of them in[/h][h=3]I[/h][h=3]May Lord Dharma Sastha bless you all. Swami Saranam , Ramachander[/h]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back