• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Government assistance to brahmins

Status
Not open for further replies.

kunjuppu

i should confess, that i have always been skeptical or indifferent to this. also have felt that the community has enough werewithal to help its poor. there are several efforts oneonone and group charities which do their work without any publicity or admin costs.

so, it was with surprise, i read a post, by a non brahmin (i have to say this), who i have found, very fair minded especially towards the tambrams. he is for reformation, quotas and upliftment of dalits. at the same time, he has understood, the difficulties faced by poor tambrams as a result of these government actions.

this gentleman has said, that one of the reasons, why successive governments have been ignoring the plights of poor tambrams, is due to the fact that the tambram establishment is against any government largesse to the poorer sections of the community.

by this, i think, he means, the hindu, vikatan, cho, etc. none of whom have voiced any support, and have not done anything with any government, to make a 'quid pro quo' deal ie give support and get something in return.

only s.v.shekhar has constantly pursued this and my friend the blogger, who is also widely read, thinks that poor tambrams have not only a good case, but most of them are harmless and mind their own business as fighting poverty is almost a full time job. i tend to concur with this.

our establishment has its own agendas. today they are busy marrying off their daughters to the families of the rich and powerful, irrespective of caste. and use these connections to feather their nest.

maybe someone their with some heart will wake up, and seek some help, only for our poor. may not be large numbers compared to rest of the population. but their hunger is hunger regardless.

as an addendum, i have always felt that our middle/upper class, would like a permanent underclass. look at the complaints we get here, starting from the top, about the lack of cooks and helpers from brahmin class. and how poor their quality of service is. as if these are entitlements!! and heaven forbid, if there were to be no brahmin chavandis in a few years!! let us keep the poor in their place..ie in poverty without any upward mobility. eh!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back