• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Thila Homam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone tell me what the significance of 'Thila Homam' that people perform at Thirupullani. One of my close relative's son has some kind of a problem in his horoscope and he was advised by the astrologer to perform this homam. They are going to do it post-Deepavali. Apparently, the astrologer also told them that either one or some of their Pitrus have done some Papam and this is reflecting on this boy. Can this statement be true and will performing this homam will be beneficial? I would like to be enlightened.

Thanks and Regards,

apsarathy

Namaskarams,

Thila homam should be performed only by those persons who do not have his father alive. Before doing this, kindly get second opinion from very good astrologers so that what we are doing should not be counted as Papam.

Anbudan
Adiyen

Can someone tell me what the significance of 'Thila Homam' that people perform at Thirupullani. One of my close relative's son has some kind of a problem in his horoscope and he was advised by the astrologer to perform this homam. They are going to do it post-Deepavali. Apparently, the astrologer also told them that either one or some of their Pitrus have done some Papam and this is reflecting on this boy. Can this statement be true and will performing this homam will be beneficial? I would like to be enlightened.

Thanks and Regards,

apsarathy

Kindly see the videos in this url :

???????????????????: ??? ?????

Thanks to Sangom Sir for the excellent video. The idea behind the homam is now clear. However, I was wondering about Post No.2 by Mr.Raghavan who avers that this homam should be performed by only those whose father is not alive. Can this aspect be cleared?

Thanks and regards

Thanks to Sangom Sir for the excellent video. The idea behind the homam is now clear. However, I was wondering about Post No.2 by Mr.Raghavan who avers that this homam should be performed by only those whose father is not alive. Can this aspect be cleared?

Thanks and regards

Of course, the homam can be done only by those whose pitrus (3 generations paternal) are not alive. But it is the usual belief and practice that all the "sapindas" or தாயாதிகள் who have to observe 10 days of mourning all assemble for the Thilahomam which is usually done by the eldest living male member of the affected family.

For example, in the case cited by you if your close relative (whose son is affected) has his father or grandfather alive, then that grandfather, or if he is too old and physically weak, then his brother's son (brother being no more) will be performing the thila homam. If this relative is not your தாயாதி then the custom is that you do not participate in the Thilahomam, nor will they accept any donation from you.

The boy's family has since returned and I haven't met them yet and as such am not aware who performed the homam. The boys father and grand father are both alive(the grandpa, despite his age is quite active) and none of the Dayadhis and Pangalees went with them. Would this make any difference to the homam per se​?

The boy's family has since returned and I haven't met them yet and as such am not aware who performed the homam. The boys father and grand father are both alive(the grandpa, despite his age is quite active) and none of the Dayadhis and Pangalees went with them. Would this make any difference to the homam per se​?

I am not an authority but I feel the non-participation by Daayadis may not make the homam ineffective per se for the family of the man who performed the Thila Homam.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back