• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Conduct of Sraaddham for mother.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cshariharan

Radhekrishna
I wish to be guided on the following ritual-matters:

1. When can I perform Sraaddham at Gaya for my mother, who died on 03-10-2013. Can it be performed before conducting her First Anniversary Sraaddam, which is in September 2014 only. I am the second son of my mother and can I do Gaya Sraadham independently or to be conducted along with my elder brother only. Please clarify.

2. My elder brother performed my mother's Anthim kriyas (last rites). He stays at Delhi alone and his wife is no more. I have presently settled at Palakkad-Kerala with my wife and 2 sons. Can I perform all the 12 monthly Oonam and Masikams for my mother at my place, in-case my elder brother could not perform them regularly at Delhi for some personal reasons as he is often on tours, and also due to the fact that facilities are better available at Palakkad to perform the monthly Masikams, as compared to Delhi. Please advise.

3. I am told that Oonam rituals cannot be conducted, if they happen to be on a Tuesday or Friday or Saturday and also on the day,if that day happens to be the birth star of the Kartha, who performs the monthly ritual. If it is so, when can that oonam be conducted in that month, before conduct of the Masikam Tithi.

4. sir, can I go inside the Temples during the period of 1 year from the death of my mother, to worship, to perform Bhajans inside hetemple, to participate in rudra Japam etc inside temple. Someone told me that I can worship only from outside temple, say from the temple flag-post, ie the 'Kodikampam'. Please guide.

1. each and every son must do separately gayaa sraatham. you may do only after varushaapteekam.

2. you are not eligible for doing sothakumpam, maasikam and oona maasikam. only eldest son is eligible.he can do before varushaappteekam all the masikams. but oona maasikam must be done only by the eldest son on the the particular day.

3. krishna paksha chathurthasi falls on 2-11-13; 1-12-13; 31-12-13; 29-01-14; 28-2-14; 29-03-14; in this vijaya year. for next year we can say only after seeing new panchankam. sodhakumpam must be done on the previous maasikam day, each month.

oona maasikam must be done on one day from 27th to 30th day; second oona masikam must be done on one day from 40 to 45 days and 3rd oona maasikam must be done on one day from 170 to 180 days; and 4th oona masikam must be done on one day from 340 to 355 days.

oona maasikam should not be done on prathamai, shashti, chathurthasi and ammaavaasai days. friday, kruththikai, aayilyam, keetai, pooram, ,pooraadam, and poorataathi stars are also not eligible to do oona maasikam.

thvithiyai, sapthami, thwaathasi thithikaL; kruthikai, punarvasu, uthram, vishakam. uthraadam, puurattaadhi enra stars, sunday, tuesday, and saturdays . if it happens to come like this on one day. on those days also oona masikam should not be done..

your elder brother must do oona maasikam on 31-10-13 and another oona maasikam on 14th november 2013 for this year.

you should not go inside the temple for one year.

you can see more details in rituals, ceremonies and poojas--- sticky thread - anthim karyams- anthyesty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back