• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Gurubakthi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear All,

Om Gurubhyo Gum Ganapathe namaha.. Guru is the eye and light which shows us the path.. It is not only in self realisation but also in our daily routines.. Kanchi Paramacharya was one among them.. he seldom talks but the grace clears our sorrows and also guides our intution to surge ahead...
We are proud to be born in India where great gurus took avatar and paved the path for us..still we know the great gurus are living with us...

Lets us surrender to their lotus feet and get the guidance for the best life..

thank you..
at the lotus feet of omnipresent guru,
Vamadvam

gurupoojas apparently have taken on among all levels of the society.

the devar community conducts annual gurupoojas at pasumpon on muthuramalinga devar's birthday; same goes for the dalit communities who band together (probably the only time in the year) to celebrate the death of immanuel sekaran, who was martyred for just being born a dalit.

there is a tendency among certain tambrams to treat the thanjavur trimoorthis as gurus; others do the same with kanchi or sringeri.

all in all, i think gurupooja is a noble sentiment - atleast to the point of acknowledging that we owe our wealth (in whatever form - knowledge science prayers) to another body.

my personal guru poojas are to certain of my school teachers, whom i remember day in and out, mostly unconsciously, and who have contributed to me, in inculcating love of a certain kind - love of english, history, arts and travel - in various facets. :)

sincerest greetings to all gurus and their sishyas.

Dear Noble Soul,

Any thing guides and enlighten us is called "Guru Swaroppam" Sri Sri Dattatraya himself the loka guru but he mentioned he learnt from 28 beings, the way. he called them as Gurus.. I do salute my teachers and my parents, the first gurus ...

But, the political gurus are not the way layers, but misguiders...

Jai Guru dev
Vamadvam

gurupoojas apparently have taken on among all levels of the society.

the devar community conducts annual gurupoojas at pasumpon on muthuramalinga devar's birthday; same goes for the dalit communities who band together (probably the only time in the year) to celebrate the death of immanuel sekaran, who was martyred for just being born a dalit.

there is a tendency among certain tambrams to treat the thanjavur trimoorthis as gurus; others do the same with kanchi or sringeri.

all in all, i think gurupooja is a noble sentiment - atleast to the point of acknowledging that we owe our wealth (in whatever form - knowledge science prayers) to another body.

my personal guru poojas are to certain of my school teachers, whom i remember day in and out, mostly unconsciously, and who have contributed to me, in inculcating love of a certain kind - love of english, history, arts and travel - in various facets. :)

sincerest greetings to all gurus and their sishyas.

dear vamadvam,

thank you for your kind reply. i think, guru is someone whom we look upto. who is guru to you may not be guru to me. and vice versa.

unless we have been in the shoes of the deprived, we would not know what deprivation is. we can cleverly argue as much as we want, but it takes a prick of a pin to know the pain.

in this context, immanuel sekaran or muthuramalinga thevar can be considered gurus to whoever they provide hope and succour.

ofcourse i would consider God, in whatever form or mode one worships, as THE omnipresent guru. there i agree with you.

Dear Kunjs,

May I add..

The Guru at times need not even be human.

When I was a teen I learnt a lot about total selflessness from my dog.

Dear friends, i have read all the above posts. I am 62 now and i had the blessing of seeing my guru of my 7th class. No need to say that my joy knew no bounds. But greater than that is His joy of seeing me now was greater than my joy! That is the Guru. Another thing is not even an animal a news paper can also be a guru. I don't use the capital "I" in between any sentence, as you can observeabove. A common to all the teaching is that one should denounce the "I" in oneself. The "Times of India" has introduced this concept, i follow this in my writings. ssiyer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back