• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

பல நேரங்களில் பல மனிதர்கள் — பாரதி மணி (Bharati Mani)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brahmanyan

திரு பாரதி மணி அவர்களின் கட்டுரை களின் தொகுதி பல நேரங்களில் பல மனிதர்கள்இன்று படித்து முடித்தேன் . மிகவும் சுவாரஸ்யமான தொகுப்பு. இதோ அவர் எழுதிய ஒரு கட்டுரை

"நான் வாழ்ந்த திருவிதாங்கூர் சமஸ்தானம் — பாரதி மணி"
நான் பிறந்தது நாஞ்சில் நாட்டின் நாகர்கோவிலையடுத்த பார்வதிபுரம் கிராமமாக இருந்தாலும், என் பிள்ளைப் பிராயம் திருவனந்தபுரத்தில் கழிந்தது. பேராசிரியர் மனோன்மணீயம் சுந்தரம் பிள்ளை சொன்னதைப்போல, நானும் ‘கொடுமலையாளக் குடியிருப்புடையேன்‘. அப்பாவுக்கு திருவிதாங்கூர் அரண்மனையில் [கொட்டாரம்] ’காரியஸ்தர்‘ வேலை. என் தாத்தாவுக்கும் இதே வேலை தானாம். ராஜாங்க உத்தியோகம்! தாத்தா காலத்தில் ஸ்ரீ மூலம் திருநாள் மகாராஜா ஆண்டபோது, தினமும் வீட்டுக்கு மதிய இரவு உணவு ’பகர்ச்சை‘ என்ற பேரில் கொட்டாரத்திலிருந்து வருமாம்! ஸ்ரீ சித்திரைத்திருநாள் பால ராமவர்மா திருவிதாங்கூரின் கடைசி மஹாராஜாவாகவும், பிறகு திருவிதாங்கூர்-கொச்சி மாநிலத்துக்கு ’ராஜப்பிரமுக்‘ [ஆளுநர்] ஆகவும் பதவி வகித்தார். அவருக்கு திவானாக ஸர். C.P. ராமஸ்வாமி அய்யர் இருந்தார்......

மேலும் படிக்க Balhanuman's Blog இணைய தளத்தில் கட்டுரையை கொடுத்திருக்கிறார்கள்

:12 | March | 2011 | Balhanuman's Blog

Last edited:
i ordered this online two days ago, after seeing it referenced in facebook. i will pick it up next time i visit chennai from my aunt's home. i like bharati mani.

incidentally it is bharati mani's 77th birthday two days ago, and he is the son in law of ka na su(bramaniam) (love marriage).

here are a couple of interesting reminiscences by bharati mani, who incidentally lives alone in chennai now - has a great fan club of youngsters, active in facebook, movies, literary meetings and is a favourite of everyone :)

எனக்கு மாமனாராகவும் இருந்த க.நா.சு. - பாரதி மணி

அமிதாப் பச்சனிடம் க.நா.சு. கேட்ட கேள்வி! - பாரதி மணி

Last edited:
Brahmanyan,

i wish to share with you, this delightful ditty of how bharati mani got married to ka na su's daughter... :) i enjoyed it so much that i have read it a few times..

1970-ல் என் வற்புறுத்தலுக்காக இ.பா. மழை நாடகம் எழுதியதும், அதில் கதாநாயகியாக நடித்த ஜமுனாவுக்கு, எனக்கே தெரியாமல் என்மேல் ’பற்று’ ஏற்பட்டதையும் சொல்லியிருக்கிறேன். மாமிகளின் மத்தியில் எப்போதும் எனக்கு ஒரு நல்ல பெயர் உண்டு. ‘மணிக்கு ஒரு கல்யாணத்தை பண்ணி பாக்கணும். ஆண் காரியம் பெண் காரியம் தெரிந்த சூட்டிகை. கைநிறைய சம்பளம் வாங்கறான். எந்த மகராஜிக்கு குடுத்து வச்சிருக்கோ?’ என்று பலரும் சொல்லக்கேட்டிருக்கிறேன்.

இ.பா.வின் மாமியார் மூலமாக எனக்கு வேறு இடத்தில் பெண் பார்ப்பதை அறிந்து, மகள் தந்தையிடம் தன் விருப்பத்தை தெரிவித்திருக்கிறார். அடுத்தநாள் காலை க.நா.சு. நான் அப்போது வேலை பார்த்த பிர்லா ஆபீசுக்கு வந்து என்னிடம் பேசினார். அப்போது தான் எனக்கே அந்த எண்ணம் இருந்ததை உணரமுடிந்தது.

என் அக்காவிடம் க.நா.சு. வந்த விஷயத்தை சொன்னபோது, ‘ஆமாண்டா… ரொம்ப நல்ல பொண்ணு….நமக்கு ஏன் இந்த ஐடியா முன்னாடி தோணலே?’ என்று என் திருமணத்துக்கு முதல் அட்சதை போட்டார். காதல் திருமணங்களில் ஏற்படும் எந்த பிரச்னையும் இல்லாமல் இரு குடும்பத்தினரின் ஒத்த கருத்தோடு ஜமுனாவின் கைத்தலம் பற்றினேன்.. திருமணம் ஒரு கனமழைநாளில், போட்ட பெரிய பந்தலெல்லாம் தண்ணீரில் முழுகி, அங்கிருந்த ஒரு நாடக மேடையில் இனிதே நடந்தேறியது.

எனக்கு நாடகமே உலகம் அல்லவா! இ.பா.வின் மழை நாடகத்தில் தொடங்கிய காதல், அவரது இரண்டாவது படைப்பான போர்வை போர்த்திய உடல்கள் நாடகத்தில் நடிக்கும்போது கல்யாணத்தில் முடிந்தது. திருமணத்தன்று, தாரை வார்த்து கொடுக்குமுன் நடக்கும் விரதத்தின்போது க.நா.சு. பூணூல் அணிந்திருந்தார். பலவருடங்கள் கழித்து, அவரிடம் ‘உங்களுக்கு நம்பிக்கையில்லாத விஷயத்தை ஏன் செய்தீர்கள்?’ என்று கேட்டதற்கு, ‘உங்கள் வீட்டாருக்கு அதில் நம்பிக்கையிருந்தது.

and here is a pix of the bride and groom

BM Wedding.jpg

Attachments

• BM Wedding.jpg
    BM Wedding.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 135
Last edited:

Brahmanyan, sorry to overwhelm you. Bharati Mani is one of my favourite people. Here is a heartwarming short article from him, which so elegantly and simply written, that with anyone else, it would sound either morbid or self praising.

Hope you like it too...

நிகம்போத் காட் /

Dear Sri Kunjuppu,

It is surprising that I did not come across the name of this wonderful writer all these years. Last month when my Daughter in law gave me the book, I kept it aside to read "afterwards". This week when I browsed the pages, I found a treasure trove of information in simple language by this author. I finished the book at one stroke. That is the reason I wrote this thread on Bharati Mani. In நிகம்போத் காட் he describes his visits to the place in poignant words. In his "நான் வாழ்ந்த திருவிதாங்கூர் சமஸ்தானம்" he takes us to the wonderful days of Maharajah's rule he experienced in Tiruvanthapuram during his younger days. Above all I found absolute honesty in his writings, which reminded me of the writings of தி ஜானகிராமன and சுஜாதா .
Read all the chapters in the book,I am sure you will really enjoy.
Regards,
Brahmanyan,
Bangalore.

No limit to what a 'nishkamya' king and an able autocratic minister can achieve! Thanks for the information and the link.

திரு பாரதி மணி அவர்களின் கட்டுரை களின் தொகுதி பல நேரங்களில் பல மனிதர்கள்இன்று படித்து முடித்தேன் . மிகவும் சுவாரஸ்யமான தொகுப்பு. இதோ அவர் எழுதிய ஒரு கட்டுரை

"நான் வாழ்ந்த திருவிதாங்கூர் சமஸ்தானம் — பாரதி மணி"
நான் பிறந்தது நாஞ்சில் நாட்டின் நாகர்கோவிலையடுத்த பார்வதிபுரம் கிராமமாக இருந்தாலும், என் பிள்ளைப் பிராயம் திருவனந்தபுரத்தில் கழிந்தது. பேராசிரியர் மனோன்மணீயம் சுந்தரம் பிள்ளை சொன்னதைப்போல, நானும் ‘கொடுமலையாளக் குடியிருப்புடையேன்‘. அப்பாவுக்கு திருவிதாங்கூர் அரண்மனையில் [கொட்டாரம்] ’காரியஸ்தர்‘ வேலை. என் தாத்தாவுக்கும் இதே வேலை தானாம். ராஜாங்க உத்தியோகம்! தாத்தா காலத்தில் ஸ்ரீ மூலம் திருநாள் மகாராஜா ஆண்டபோது, தினமும் வீட்டுக்கு மதிய இரவு உணவு ’பகர்ச்சை‘ என்ற பேரில் கொட்டாரத்திலிருந்து வருமாம்! ஸ்ரீ சித்திரைத்திருநாள் பால ராமவர்மா திருவிதாங்கூரின் கடைசி மஹாராஜாவாகவும், பிறகு திருவிதாங்கூர்-கொச்சி மாநிலத்துக்கு ’ராஜப்பிரமுக்‘ [ஆளுநர்] ஆகவும் பதவி வகித்தார். அவருக்கு திவானாக ஸர். C.P. ராமஸ்வாமி அய்யர் இருந்தார்......

மேலும் படிக்க Balhanuman's Blog இணைய தளத்தில் கட்டுரையை கொடுத்திருக்கிறார்கள்

:12 | March | 2011 | Balhanuman's Blog

dear Brahmanyan,

i think Mani has written only one book, and that too, is a compilation of his articles in periodicals like Kalachuvadu or Solvanam. there used to be an exciting literary activity in delhi in the 60s thru 80s and these folks there published vadakku vasal magazine too. but all that is gone now i think, with the passing away of that generation :(

bharati mani is today more famous as an actor. he was in kadal recently. also he stages plays. overall, a happy go lucky guy, who has a cheerful attitude on life and brings sun to thoseever who know him.

also slowly savouring t.janakiraman's moga mul now. will take a while to complete, but every page a delight!! as you can imagine.

best wishes...

Dear Sri Kunjuppu,

As I mentioned earlier I have not heard the name of "Bharathi Mani" till recently. I think only one book has been published by உயிர்மை பதிப்பகம் a collection of his writings in the magazine by the same name "உயிர்மை" .
I love the writings of தி ஜானகிராமன் and சுஜாதா. Another writer whose writings I enjoyed was தி ச ராஜு (an ex serviceman) . But I could not find his books in any lists. பாலகுமாரன் has written some good novels and stories. The works of பிரபஞ்சன், நாஞ்சில் நாடன், கி ராஜநாராயணன் are in my list to read.

Well, I am reading "Why Does the World Exist" by Jim Holt, an existential enquiry and another book in my list is
"The Battle for God" by Karen Armstrong. I have to borrow this book from my cousin who says it is good.

Wishing you well,
Brahmanyan,
Bangalore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back