• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Aatmaaha Janaaha

Status
Not open for further replies.
“AATMAAHA JANAAHA”
WHAT IS AATMAA?
Aatmaaha Janaaha can be explained in various ways as per our convenience. All are with aatma or so called the life. What is Aatma? This has been the question for ages. When one talk of duality then we call it as Paramaatma and Jeevaatma and incase of singularity both are one and the same. This must be little bit confusing. Let me explain these duality and singularity. Humans see everything or feels everything to exist in duality, but in reality it is Maayaa or our imagination. In actuality it is only singularity. Supposing in the wildest example let us take something intoxicating which can be understood by anybody very easily. Opium- This actually a sedative used in excessive dysentery condition wherein they inject Opium enema. This is acceptable. The same opium when taken by individual is considered as banned. Existing object is one but this is taken as bad as well as good. This example can be extended to himsa (torture) and ahimsa (goodself). Supposing a lion is hunting a deer, it is called natures way, on the contrary same deer is slaughtered for food by humans it is called unnatutral. Coming to the case of Paramaatma and Jeevatma. Consider a live example – Baloon filled with air. Air existing in this ionosphere can be taken as Paramaatma and air filled in balloon is taken as Jeevatma. You can fill any number of balloons with air and once you let it off it joins the air in the ionosphere thus becomes singular, but in actual existence it is dual. Paramaatma when subdivided into so many Jeevatmas it again exists as Paramaatma and still existing as Jeevaatma. So consider the balloon as our body and the air as Aatma. When the air is filled in the balloon, in the scientific principle that much air must be reduced from the air of the ionosphere. But in actuality it does not. When the air from the balloon is let off to the air in the ionosphere then it has to increase to that extent. It does not happen. This is the basic principle of taking out something from and adding something in the full it remains ever the same without any reduction or addition. This is true with Paramaatma. You can take out any number of Jeevatmas and you can put back any number of Jeevatmas the Paramaatma remains same without change. This is scientifically proveable by the above said balloon, air and ionosphere experiment. That is the reason there had been disputes right from ages in the case of duality and singularity existence. Human had been always interested in knowing the inner meaning of existence which led to splitting of himself. I came across a strong dialogue in some of the books. A policeman catches a motorcyclist being the last day of the year in anticipation of extracting money for an unknown existing rule. Policeman : Who are you? Motorcyclist: Oh! This is the highest Hindu philosophy I had been asking me for quite sometime. Then motorcyclist asks the traffic policeman “Who are You?” Policeman : I am a traffic sergeant. Motor cyclist: That is designation. Who are you? Policeman : (He is slightly irritated) and replies I am an Indian. Motorcyclist : I did not ask you to which country you belong to. Who are You? Policeman : Slightly puzzled and he says “I am a human being” Motorcyclist : I did not ask to which species you belong to. Who are you? Policeman is worried about the mental status of the motorcyclist and he did not ask any further question and let him go scot free. This is the special and specific question which is haunting us for ages. WHO ARE YOU. We call ourselves as Human, Young man, Brahmin, Engineer, Indian and so on. And when we die the first thing comes to every ones mind be it your near and dear or your worst enemy. How to dispose this body? All distinguishing differentiation dies here, everyone thinks of this as a body otherwise called as Sthoola Sariram, a body which is seen and felt but has limited years of existence. Whereas something in it which prevented it from decaying and being made into a simple term body is what finally we call it Aatma. The minute it leaves your body you are nothing other than a carcass or organic matter which will decay and get consumed from where it has come from i.e. Pancha Bhootham or Five basic elements of the world i.e. Earth, Water, Air, Fire and Aether . “I” is that only (Aatma) and not the body what we see day and night and feeling that as permanent existing one. The one you can feel but cannot see and the one which is personified and occupies your whole body that is Aatmaa.

Prof.D.V.R.Rajakumar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back