• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Gaya - the pitru kshethra

Status
Not open for further replies.
GAYA - THE PITRU KSHETHRA
The very mention of Gaya invokes in us a sense of devotion suffused with pride and excitement. It is every son's duty to go to Gaya after the demise of his parents and conduct Gaya sraaddha. Apart from delighting the pitrus his act bestows eminence on his family as well.

"Jeevator vaakya karanaat,
Pratyaabdam Bhuri bhojanaat,
Gayayaam pinda daanaat,
tribhi: putrasya putrata"

say the Sastras. "When the parents are alive, obey their commands. When they die, perform their annual sraaddha properly. And go to Gaya and offer pindas for them. You can be called a son to your parents only when you do all these three things."

NB: PDF of version of my booklet on this subject is attached herewith. if anyone, by chance unable to open the link, they can send their request to my mail id: [email protected]

Attachments

• Gaya Sraaddha.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 262
Last edited:
My mother expired on 03-10-2013. I am the 2nd son and my elder brother performed her last rites. I have the following queries for your expert guidances.
1. Can I or my brother or both visit Gaya before the completion of 12 months (ie. prior to the 1st anniversary Shraaddam) to perform shraaddam for my mother. if not, when should we visit Gaya to perform sraaddam for my mother.
2. For some specific reasons, if my brother cannot perform the monthly rituals for her, can I do it independently at my home the monthly rituals for my mother.
3. Can I visit temples to worship, during these 12 months. If so, can I do any offerings at the temple like poojas, Archana, Abhioshekam, Japam, Namasankeerthanam inside temple, etc etc.,
Please clear my doubts. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back