• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Shelter for homeless brahmins in Tamil Nadu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are Brahmins any special ?
Why you search for only Brahmin old age home?

The Rajaji Home for the Aged affiliated to Guild of Service in Chennai, admits men above 60 years. Any elderly person stranded without family care is taken in and given care free of cost.

In Inba Illam, 30 women and 20 men derive solace.

Some old age homes take senior citizens either in the free category or on payment depending on the person’s capacity. For instance, Akash Age Care Home at Kadachanenthal provides free service for 12 aged persons.

Please read from here:
Old age homes the last resort of the elderly | The Hindu

Last edited:
Are Brahmins any special Breed?
Why you search for only Brahmin old age home?

The Rajaji Home for the Aged affiliated to Guild of Service in Chennai, admits men above 60 years. Any elderly person stranded without family care is taken in and given care free of cost.

In Inba Illam, 30 women and 20 men derive solace.

Some old age homes take senior citizens either in the free category or on payment depending on the person’s capacity. For instance, Akash Age Care Home at Kadachanenthal provides free service for 12 aged persons.

Please read from here:
Old age homes the last resort of the elderly | The Hindu

Sir,
I like your post on two counts,
1. Good question. (May be for vegetarian food).
2. Good information.

I am new to this website. When the website is titled TamilBrahmins, I did not think it was out of place to ask if there were shelters for Tamil Brahmins.

why are you specific for brahmins? the only reason i am asking, is that, there are probably more, if you take the caste tag out.

i can help find a spot in vishranthi, if it is an old woman. but if she lives by her caste tag, she can look elsewhere.

or is it for some sad situations, where the parents have been kicked out to the streets, by their children. even here, i think, going by caste, you may limit yourselves, as even brahmin run charities, do not exclude others. poverty and abandonment knows no caste, and does not discriminate by caste, i think.

Are there any shelters for homeless brahmin men and women in Tamil Nadu?

In addition to Old age homes mentioned by Sri PJ, there is one more old age home for destitute persons run by "Vishranthi Charitable Trust" Chennai, started by veteran Social worker Smt Savthri Vaithi, Chennai. The details can be had from

Vishranthi
28, A. V. M. Rajeswari Gardens,
M. G. R. Salai, Palavakkam,
Chennai 600 041
Tamil Nadu, India
Phone: 91-(44)-2449 0972

Brahmanyan,
Bangalore.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads