• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

பரதேசி வந்தான் - தி ஜானகிராமன்

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brahmanyan

தி ஜானகிராமன் அற்புதமான எழுத்தாளர் . அவர் எழுதிய எல்லா கதைகளும் எனக்குப் பிடிக்கும். அவர் கதைகளில் ஆன்மீக மணம் வீசும் . அவரது 'பரதேசி வந்தான்' என்ற கதை இன்று படித்தாலும் சிலிர்க்கச் செய்யும் ஒரு காவியம்.
அவரது கதைகள் பல இன்று கணினியில் இலவசமாகப்படிக்கலாம்.இதோ கீழ்க்கொடுத்துள்ள "வலைவிலாசத்தில்" அவரது 'பரதேசி வந்தான்' கதையை படியுங்கள்

?????? ??????? (??. ??????????)

ப்ரஹ்மண்யன்
பெங்களுரு

மிக்க நன்றி அய்யா. இன்றே வாசிக்க போகிறேன்.

finished reading :) awesome story.

waiting to come to chennai to purchase my copy of mogamul. also marappasu if i can find it :)

thank you brahmanyan sir.

ps.. reminded me of an incident in my own life.

i was in my pre teens and went to a wedding in madras. while we were sitting in the pandhi, i observed a man, a few feet across us, looking at my dad furtively, and gobbling up his food. i was too young to notice his shabby veshti and shirt.

my dad, when i pointed out, whispered me to ignore the guy and keep eating.

later, i remember him telling mom, at home, that saw soandso, his ex classmate in psg tech kovai, in person, eating dharma saappaadu in the wedding banquet. apparently, he came from a well off family, but misfortune in business, followed immediately by death of wife and child at childbirth, was too much for him to handle. he just wandered around, and where he found food, just slipped in for a meal. :(

Last edited:
i found it hilarious the read the following t.janakiraman quote in mogamul. maybe the musicians of the forum can relate to this? :)

what an observation of life and art? :)

கீர்த்தனம் வந்தா கொஞ்சம் அத்தர் இருந்தாத் தேவலை போலிருக்கும். அப்புறம் எங்க தேவடியா வீடு இருக்குன்னு உடம்பு அலையும். அதுக்கப்புறம் சங்கீதம் பிராணன் எல்லாம் ஒண்ணொண்ணாக் கரையும்.’

mogamul sugumaran kalachuvadu |

Dedicated to brahmanyan

dear brahmanyan,

you triggered yet another wave of interest in me for t.janakiraman.

searched the web, and found that solvanam had published special issue on T.Janakiraman which you can get an overview from here.

the commemorative issue of solvanam can be accessed here

i just read one ode, which is by karichan kunju (R.Narayanaswami) a close friend of TJ. it is a treasure trove of memories and of the tambram literary community of mid 20th century. even the tamil used in the article is quaint, of a style, no longer scene.

this article can be found here.

if you find the time and inclination, kindly enjoy it. i found a lot of pleasure reading this..and looking forward to reading rest of the special TJ issue. :)

பரதேசி

அந்தப் பரதேசி நிஜமாகவே காலனின் வடிவமா? அல்லது கரி நாக்குக் கொண்டவனா?

பந்தியில் சாப்பிட விடாததற்கு இவ்வளவு பெரிய தண்டனையா?

மனது கலங்கிப் போனது நிஜமே!!

finished reading :) awesome story.

waiting to come to chennai to purchase my copy of mogamul. also marappasu if i can find it :)

thank you brahmanyan sir.

ps.. reminded me of an incident in my own life.
i was in my pre teens and went to a wedding in madras. while we were sitting in the pandhi, i observed a man, a few feet across us, looking at my dad furtively, and gobbling up his food. i was too young to notice his shabby veshti and shirt.
my dad, when i pointed out, whispered me to ignore the guy and keep eating.
later, i remember him telling mom, at home, that saw soandso, his ex classmate in psg tech kovai, in person, eating dharma saappaadu in the wedding banquet. apparently, he came from a well off family, but misfortune in business, followed immediately by death of wife and child at childbirth, was too much for him to handle. he just wandered around, and where he found food, just slipped in for a meal. :(

Dear Sri Kunjuppu,

T Janakiraman is one of my favourite authors in Tamil. I have read many of his stories and novels number of times. He is known for fluency in narrating life in beautiful words. He used simple words and showed us life of his time without inhibitions. I would like to compare him with O'Henry for the surprise endings he gave in his stories. His famous novel "Amma Vanthal" though a Tamil Classic, had invited the ire of his relatives and it is said that for some time he was not allowed to enter the Agraharam of his village Vedakkudi (near Mannargudi).

Warm Regards,
Brahmanyan,
Bangalore.

பரதேசி

அந்தப் பரதேசி நிஜமாகவே காலனின் வடிவமா? அல்லது கரி நாக்குக் கொண்டவனா?

பந்தியில் சாப்பிட விடாததற்கு இவ்வளவு பெரிய தண்டனையா?

மனது கலங்கிப் போனது நிஜமே!!

அம்மணி தங்கள் ஆதங்கம் நியாமே .
அதற்க்கு பதில் அக்கதையிலேயே அந்த பரதேசி சொல்லியிருக்கிறான்.

"என் பசி சாபமிட்டது. ஆனால் இது நடப்பதற்கு அதுதான் காரணமென்று நான் நினைக்கவில்லை. தெரியாமலிருந்ததை நான் சொல்லியிருக்கலாம் ."
"எப்படி?"
"எங்கும் இருக்கிறது நாதம் . கேட்கவா முடிகிறது? கை தட்டியோ, ஏதாவது செய்தோதானே
அதை கேட்க முடிகிறது அதுமாதிரித்தான்"

"உமக்கு வருங்காலம் தெரியுமா ?"
"தெரியாது என்னமோ வாயில் வந்ததை சொன்னேன்."

நலம்கோரும்
ப்ரஹ் மண்யன்
பெங்களூரு

"உமக்கு வருங்காலம் தெரியுமா ?"
"தெரியாது என்னமோ வாயில் வந்ததை சொன்னேன்."
இதுதான் கரி நாக்கு என்பதோ என்னவோ!?

இதுதான் கரி நாக்கு என்பதோ என்னவோ!?

my naakku is healthy red, not kari.

i have this habit of blurting out the sex of the baby whenever i see a pregnant woman. it started happening when i was in my teens and since then the track record is 100% :)

my naakku is healthy red, not kari.

i have this habit of blurting out the sex of the baby whenever i see a pregnant woman. it started happening when i was in my teens and since then the track record is 100% :)
Oh! I know the trick too! :D

my naakku is healthy red, not kari......
Dear Kunjuppu Sir,

I think 'kari nAkku' has only a bit of dark color and not full black! :)

But it is said that the BAD words by those who have 'kari nAkku' will come true!

P.S: BTW is 'kari nAkku' not connected with color? :noidea:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back