• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Kalasarpa Dosham

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is Kalasarpa dosha?

In any native's chart, the remaining seven houses are in the clutches of Rahu and Ketu is called Kalasarpa dosha.
Savya Kala Sarpa Dosham:

From Rahu to Ketu all the houses are filled it is Savya Kalasarpa Dosham

Apasavya Kala Sarpa Dosham

From Ketu to Rahu all the houses are filled, it is called Apasavya Kala Sarpa Dosham.

In Astrological science, Rahu is termed as the Head and Ketu is termed as tail of Sarpa. The Vedic pundits terms that the Kalasarpa yogam is most dangerous one in ones life span.

In the natal chart from lagna to seventh house if this yoga is there the first half is more miserable and from seventh house to twenth house, the second half of the life is harmful. In the natal chart if other yogas are not there, the native will be jobless; habitituated to bad habits leads miserable life, unmarried. etc.,

If in the natal chart:
1. From Ravi is placed from Rahu in 8th house it is termed as Sarpa Dosha.

2. From Chandra to 8th house, Rahu or Ketu it is termed as Sarpa Dosha

3. From natives' horoscope, from lagna 6, 7, and 8 houses is Rahu is there it is Sarpa Dosha.

4. From lagna of either Rahu or Ketu are placed in Trokona it is Sarpa dosha.

Different Types of Kala Sarpa Yogams

1. From lagna to seventh house the planets are (Ravi,Chandra,Kuja,Budha,Guru,Sukra and Sani) are placed between Rahu and Ketu is know Ananta Kala Sarpa Dosham.

EFFECTS: Troubles in family life, and chronic health problems.

2.From Second house to seventh house if these planets are placed it is known as GULIKA KALASARPA DOSHAM

EFFECTS: Financial and domestic troubles.
3. From third house to ninth house, it is known as VASUKI KALA SARPA DOSHAM.

EFFECTS: Problems with brothers and sisters

4.From Forth house to tenth house, it is known as SANKAPALA KALA SARPA DOSHAM.

EFFECTS; Problems with mother, vehicles and at residence.

5. From Fifth house to eleventh house, it is known as PADMAKALA SARPA YOGAM.

EFFECTS: Problems with spouse/husband and with children.

6.From Sixth house to twelfth house it is known as MAHA PADMA KALA SARPA DOSHAM.

EFFECTS: Health problems, debts, problems with enemies.

7. From seventh house to lagna, it is known as TAKSHAKA KALA SARPA YOGAM.

EFFECTS: Loss in business and problems in matrimonial life.
8. From eight house to second house, it is known as KARKOTAKA KALA SARPA YOGAM.

EFFECTS: Problems with wife and accidents.

9. From ninth house to third house, it is known as SANKACHOODA KALA SARPA YOGAM.

EFFECTS: Problems with father, heavy bad luck etc.,

10. From tenth house to fourth house, it is known as GHATAKA KALA SARPA YOGAM.

EFFECTS: Problem in business and job fonts.

11. From eleventh house to fifth house, it it known as VISHADHARA KALA SARPA YOGAM.

EFFECTS:: Problems in financial business terms.

12. From twenth house to sixth house, it is known as SESHANAGA KALA SARPA YOGAM.

EFFECTS: Mounting expenditure and severe problems with enemies.

Source: Astrology books
:pray2:

Jawaharlal Nehru had Kalasarpa yoga (KSY), as it is denoted in some astrological texts. The results of this yoga, like those of any yoga - good or evil - will vary from one horoscope to another depending on a host of factors. Astronomically, if the outer planets viz., Mars, Jupiter and Saturn are situated within the Rahu-Ketu segment, then for approximately three or four months there will be several lakhs or crores of births with Kalasarpa dosha for one fortnight in every lunar month when moon also will travel between Rahu & Ketu.

Since the occurrence of this KSY is so widespread, normally astrologers do not attach much of an importance to it, unless the horoscope reveals other and powerful "duryogas".

Jawaharlal Nehru had Kalasarpa yoga (KSY), as it is denoted in some astrological texts. The results of this yoga, like those of any yoga - good or evil - will vary from one horoscope to another depending on a host of factors. Astronomically, if the outer planets viz., Mars, Jupiter and Saturn are situated within the Rahu-Ketu segment, then for approximately three or four months there will be several lakhs or crores of births with Kalasarpa dosha for one fortnight in every lunar month when moon also will travel between Rahu & Ketu.

Since the occurrence of this KSY is so widespread, normally astrologers do not attach much of an importance to it, unless the horoscope reveals other and powerful "duryogas".

Sri Sangom -

Thanks for this reference.

Is this a recently introduced Dosha in the Astrological studies (perhaps in the last 100 years)..? Generally speaking is the astrological understanding evolving over time?
During horoscope matching for marriages how do reputed astrologers handle this Dosha?

It seems meaningless to introduce a Dosha in the studies that will affect tens of millions of people world wide since the chart will be the same for people born on a set of days in a year.
Also it appears there are many famous personalities that have this Dosha (I googled and found this info out).

I just got curious about this 'evolution' aspects

Sri Sangom -

Thanks for this reference.

Is this a recently introduced Dosha in the Astrological studies (perhaps in the last 100 years)..? Generally speaking is the astrological understanding evolving over time?
During horoscope matching for marriages how do reputed astrologers handle this Dosha?

It seems meaningless to introduce a Dosha in the studies that will affect tens of millions of people world wide since the chart will be the same for people born on a set of days in a year.
Also it appears there are many famous personalities that have this Dosha (I googled and found this info out).

I just got curious about this 'evolution' aspects

Shri tks,

When I was learning astrology during the 1960's no Malayalam text on astrology dealt with this KSY. I saw this first in one of the articles in B.V. Raman's astrological magazine some time later (I don't remember when.) I then thought about it and found that, just like even the PanchamahApurusha yogas, the incidence of this KSY will also be very widespread.

I could discuss such questions with two seniors in this colony (both are no more). They only told me that only if tendencies like drinking, womanizing, other bad habits, mental conditions etc., are perceived in a horoscope, one must give weightage to KSY also if present. From the astrological pov KSY will add to the tilt towards evil of the person concerned.

Yes, astrology is getting murkier by the day due to the so-called research papers and learned papers, just as in all other branches of knowledge because, I think, the "publish or perish" dogma has crept into the field of astrology as well. I suspect whether this is evolution and we can call this so.

I am strongly with that of the views expressed by MR Sangom and Mr TKS and it seems that these doshams are man-made particularly by selfish motived astrologers, and it is time for us to set aside all these doshams when matching horoscopes of a boy and girl. Then you may wonder why I have posted that thread. It is just to know the different views of people like you who might have studied astrology. I dont know if our brahmin community will accept our views, as mostof the marriage decisions are made by womenfolk.

Dear Sri P.s. Narasimhan Ji, Sir,

You have made various assertions here, and I am going to pass over them, instead focusing on the KS dosham itself.

This dosham is more applicable to mundane astrology than to a person's karmaphala.

As Sri Sangom Ji rightly observed, this dosham occurs frequently and like Sevvai dosham, is greatly misinterpreted. Reading an individual's horoscope and predicting, is a hazardous affair, as one not only has to ascertain the main factors (strength of nativity, strength of different houses pertaining to various aspects in one's activities etc.,), but one also has to predict the events in one's life time. There are numerous yogas (thousands of them), detailed in Hindu astrology, both for good and bad, but unfortunately, the old texts usually do not grade their influence. So, the otcomes of these yogas are given without any gradation, e.g., it may say that such and such combination of planets will produce 'Raja Yoga', 'meaning 'name, fame, and wealth', and you look at the native possessing such a combination and you say 'Hindu astrology is wrong. Here I see a failure of a human being before me'. The reason is of course that one can not just take one yoga in a horoscope and predict on it. If one has looked deeply in to this horoscope, one perhaps might have seen countervailing bad yogas in that horoscope.

This is why, this disciple is so difficult. The practitioner not only has to apply the ancient axioms, but need to apply them within a scale of importance. KS dosha, in my opinion, after having seen a large # of horoscopes, is a dosha, I would compare to to a captured pick packet incident, in which the culprit is given a blow by the victim, but other bystanders do as well. KS dosham is a bystander. It takes it's licks, but never alone, and only when it's influence manifests when the native is down by other means.

Including Sade Sathe, these doshams can only color the running dasas. A well learned astrologer should know this difference.

Regards,
KRS

I am strongly with that of the views expressed by MR Sangom and Mr TKS and it seems that these doshams are man-made particularly by selfish motived astrologers, and it is time for us to set aside all these doshams when matching horoscopes of a boy and girl. Then you may wonder why I have posted that thread. It is just to know the different views of people like you who might have studied astrology. I dont know if our brahmin community will accept our views, as mostof the marriage decisions are made by womenfolk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back