• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Doubts about IT Education

Status
Not open for further replies.
My daughter who has completed her graduation has got campus recruitment offers from WIPRO and SAP. WIPRO is offering appointment alongwith four year MS IT course. SAP is offering job+4 year MS computer application degree from BITS Pilani. Whether to join these jobs will be beneficial or to go for regular MCA course and then go for job. Kindly guide us.

Thank you all in advance.
Raaghavan

“A bird in the hand is better than two in the bush,” is a proverb saying that it is better to stick with something you already have, rather than pursuing something you may never get. /QUOTE]

A guaranteed job from a reputable company should be welcomed. So she is getting paid and experience while getting higher education. You can not ask for anything better.

My daughter who has completed her graduation has got campus recruitment offers from WIPRO and SAP. WIPRO is offering appointment alongwith four year MS IT course. SAP is offering job+4 year MS computer application degree from BITS Pilani. Whether to join these jobs will be beneficial or to go for regular MCA course and then go for job. Kindly guide us.

Thank you all in advance.
Raaghavan

Shri Raaghavan,

I feel it will be better to take the offer of SAP if they will not back out of the BITS, Pilani offer and change the institute.

Raaghavan,

Go for the job. which one? depends on your daughter's preference. SAP is a single enterprise software - ie produce of one company, whereas Wipro might train in other vendor softwares which she might be more interested in.

SAP, again, once a person becomes familiar with a few of the modules, particularly accounting, can have a very lucrative career as a consultant ie you are talking $250 an hour. And a chance to work the world over.

Best wishes to your daughter for a fruitful and satisfying career. God Bless.

Dear Kunjuppu Sir Namaskarams,
Thank you for your best wishes. I am also thinking of putting her in SAP as it is an international organisation and having varied interests.
With regards
Raaghavan

Dear Kunjuppu Sir Namaskarams,
Thank you for your best wishes. I am also thinking of putting her in SAP as it is an international organisation and having varied interests.
With regards
Raaghavan

Sorry for intrusion.
SAP is a good product and has world wide operation.
I had my own software company (I was a IMS/CICS expert with IBM), then IMS/CICS went out of fashion, and I was obsoleet.
So it is better to have diverse software experience. Your other option of Infosys may also be equally good.
Best wishes.

Regular MCA courses are not that valued these days. There are so many people with MCA struggling to find a foothold.

As prasadji said she has a lovely oppurtunity at her hands right now. Grab one without much hesitation.

Regular MCA courses are not that valued these days. There are so many people with MCA struggling to find a foothold.

As prasadji said she has a lovely oppurtunity at her hands right now. Grab one without much hesitation.

People like you in the field and still active are better suited to give advice on such matters, and make a difference in young people's lives (they would listen to you), than to us old fogies. LOL

I started with Fortran IV, then Algol (Burroughs - more like PL1), VSAM, IMS, DB2, CICS, Cobol, etc. I was so bad at programming, they took pity and gave me a Management Job (Strategy), after 5 years of Systems Analysis work. :)

Dear Sri B V Raaghavan Ji,

One advice I would offer: If your daughter is wanting to work most of her life and is career oriented, she needs to constantly reinvent herself, in terms of skills, either technical or managerial. IT is changing so fast.

Best of wishes.

Regards,
KRS.

.. If your daughter is wanting to work most of her life and is career oriented, she needs to constantly reinvent herself, in terms of skills, either technical or managerial. IT is changing so fast.

Best of wishes.

Regards,
KRS.

very true..but with SAP skills and mastery of a few modules, one appears to have a good life with just a few skillsets.

this i am talking from what i am seeing...friends of mine, both experienced accountants lost their jobs; took a 10 week SAP cours and were successfully able to apply what they knew in accountancy to the SAP environment.

both worked couple of years in companies and then moved on to consulting. earning $250 per hour. yes per hour.

the only snag is that they go where the job is offered.

one has worked all over the world..his assignments are usually 2 -3 years, the last one being in singapore. he is usa based.

the other one accepts assignments only in canada or usa; leaves home monday morning early flight, comes back thursday nights; he is toronto based.

both these guys, though coming from comfortable backgrounds in india, spend fortunes made on their own, for their daughters' weddings - :). i guess it is something in daughters, that lets the dad loose the purse strings absolutely :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back