• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

How to control and streamline the minds of young tamil brahmins ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The whole world is watching you.

All the governments in the world, especially CIA and the tinpot dictators would be very keen on our solution. It will change the face of the world.:crazy:

Just noticed that we have two threads with the same topic.

CIA what is this topic about

All the governments in the world, especially CIA and the tinpot dictators would be very keen on our solution. It will change the face of the world.:crazy:

Just noticed that we have two threads with the same topic.

nacchinarkiniyan
what solution cia looking from ours...

nacchinarkiniyan
what solution cia looking from ours...

I am sorry. How to control and streamline the Minds of people.

This is what everyone has been looking for ages. I mentioned CIA because they did some experiments in this and of course during the Korean war the Chinese were supposed to have tried some experiments with American prisoners.

Ok Mr.nachhi,

Where shall we continue playing? discussing , rather ??
There are no previous msgs here !!

How to control .....

This is a topic of much utilitarian value in the present context. A good
thread which needs to be developed if we have to produce good citizens.

In the olden days, we used to have a class of one hour a week styled
'Moral Instruction ' in the educational institutions. I do not know what
the present status is. Our youngsters may be taught some basics thru'
this forum.

Cultural singularity

I believe we are approaching a cultural singularity.

I remember one of Bob Dylan's songs from one of his early albums: The Times, They Are A Changin'. Here are some lines from that song:

[FONT=Courier, Courier New]
Come mothers and fathers
Throughout the land
And don't criticize
What you can't understand
Your sons and your daughters
Are beyond your command
Your old road is
Rapidly agin'.
Please get out of the new one
If you can't lend your hand
For the times they are a-changin'.

The line it is drawn
The curse it is cast
The slow one now
Will later be fast
As the present now
Will later be past
The order is
Rapidly fadin'.
And the first one now
Will later be last
For the times they are a-changin'.[/FONT]

This song was written in the 1970s, the heyday of the Hippies and the American cultural revolutions.

Those who can appreciate the song may realize that the song is only an inspired version of the representation of change. Rather than rationalization, it provides me an opportunity to exam what is believed to be going wrong. Benevolent demagogues, aren't we?

Anyway, the matter at hand is an interesting question. I am not very old and by most counts, you would all probably consider me very young. I found out in a tedious way, that a great deal of introspection is required in today's world to step on the right track. One must develop many faculties, never lay idle, be active in thinking about things, pre-empt opportunities, take chances to be intelligent, develop oneself emotionally, physically and mentally, to succeed.

The honest truth is, most people who look for a solution when they are old will never find it. Their pettifogging minds may be able to find new permutations of what they already know, but will not be able to provide them the creative solutions they need required in today's changing world.

Grooming is not an easy task. I realized this when I had a pet. I am sure those of you who have kids know this better than I do.

My mother said something astute, which I want to share with this audience. In one of those moments, when I felt like I swam across an ocean of filth and came out clean and dry, she retorted, "When you were growing up, all I had to do was "pour water" on those seeds germinating inside you which I thought were good." At least this is the essence of what she said.

In my experience this means that more introspection and thinking is required for raising a child well than for merely living well. And this introspection has to provide inspiration, it has to provide a philosophy which changes one from within so deeply, that one encourages the things in one's son/daughter, which one feels is correct.

Unlike what most people think, I don't think coercion or force can be a good parental instrument. In fact, although it is necessary, it only succeeds in isolating one's child from oneself.

The world is not as it was before and we are moving rapidly to different ways of life. It is important to consider this question, and this is indeed what I asked when I asked in my post - Is there a sustainable identity for Tamil Brahmins?

[http://www.tamilbrahmins.com/showthread.php?t=1335]

Addendum: I have an unusual movie recommendation for those of you who watch English movies. Do watch this movie called "Little Miss Sunshine". It is a 2006 movie about a little girl who wants to win a beauty contest. It is an interesting study in parenting.

WEBOLIM (Web of Life Makers) & Vedic Sangeeta Foundation

Cordially invite you to the Vedic Workshop in Chennai.​

Theme : Solution of modern mental conflicts through Vedic wisdom

All are invited!​

Date & Time: March 23, 2008 (Sunday). 09:00 am to 06:00 pm

Venue : Tattvaloka Auditorium

(New) 76, (Old) 138, Eldams Road,

Teynampet , Chennai - 600 018

Resource Persons:

Sri Tatwamasi Dixit (Founder of OJAS Foundation)

Dr. Ram Mohan (Vice President of Ramana Kendra)

Sri R.Rangan (Founder president of WEBOLIM)

And others

Topics:

i. Vedas and Dharma

ii. Solution of conflicts through Mantra

iii. Stress Management in Vedanta

iv. Different techniques to solve mental conflicts: in the light of Rig-Veda Samhita

v. Guided Meditation.

Anybody who is interested in this topic is welcome. Participants don't need to have the knowledge of Sanskrit or Vedas. The workshop will be in simple English & it is an oppurtunity to learn Vedic concepts.

No registration fees. Lunch will be provided. Prior registration is required. If you want to register, please contact : [email protected] (webolim AT yahoo DOT co DOT in) with your full name, email id, contact number & occupation.

If outstation participants register well in advance, we can arrange for accomodation.​

How to streamline the minds of young Tamil Brahmins?

Good question. The need of the hour.

Here are my humble opinions.

1. Strength. Physically, mentally, emotionally, spiritually. We need boys who represent strength. With this strength, should be a great compassion on other beings, no caste-creed nonsense. All are equal. By saying this, I am not doing a political campaign. I mean it. There is a general belief that Brahmins have a superiority complex (அகம்பாவம் பிடித்தவர்கள்). You may find a lot of the so called 'pagutharivu singangal' roaring in the blogs (like paper-tigers as another gentleman mentioned) mentioning that all the Brahmins are to be crushed and driven out of our Dravida land bla bla bla. Though we are not interested in their chaos, we must have compassion towards every other fellow-men.

2. If you are superior, show it in the way it is suppose to be. If the Brahmins think that they have done good things for the society, which is as true as the sun shines, they should impart their knowledge and love to others, where in return, the Brahmins are respected for what they are, not what they impose. How do we do it? First, we should practice before we preach. The Brahmin will lose his respect if he does not follow his swadharma. Swami Vivekananda says 'do the Sandhya and repeat the Gayatri 108 times at least'. By this, the mental strength is enusred for our boys. This combined with the physical valour will make him irresistible.

3. Stay united. If the missionary ridicules your religion and tries to convert your brother-Hindu, stay united. Do not wage war against the missionary. A disease can be driven out automatically by growing stronger. Impart the great knowledge of the Vedas and Upanishads to the poor slum boy. Sponsor a poor boy/girl's education. By this, the respect which is lost will be regained.
The list is not complete, but to summarize, strength, compassion and unity are the mantras which should be taught to the young Brahmin boys. They will take care of the rest.

Streamline the minds of young

Personally find Jaagratha's thoughts to the mark on this topic. Additionally, these are some of my views.

From time immemorial, our culture knew the secrets of meditation. The Guru knew how to impart it and to whom and at what point of time. The control was willingly transferred to the Guru by the sishya either from the beginning or gradually later in life.

Guru knew/knows how to streamline the minds of the young. The guru-sishya relationship provides the platform for this change or grooming. Parents can be given a lot of credit for this in olden day tradition. Because they had the forethought and detachment required to entrust their child to the Guru.

Identifying a Guru itself has become very difficult for many. But, God is ever merciful (after all it is his own creation) and will always send him (Guru) to us at the right time.

Shri Sridhar Vasudevan

I think you have ESP.120% correct.The Guru will come to our lives when we are ready-Period.Athu verikkum Jolly LO Gymkhanna...

sb

Shri Seshadri

If i make humor and a smile in someones else face,sir,you have made my day.Thank you.

:):) sb :) :)

Guru will not come to us. we have to seek and find the guru...
just my 20%

Dear Bala, I guess...ESP is Earnest Student's Philosophy. Jolly Lo Gymkhanna...:)..may be true...as long as we don't succumb to a wrong path..it may take a bit more of the universal energy to help us out of it...when we ultimately meet the guru...just lets try to help the poor guy slog less for us.

Dear MM, There was a person who lived in the 1800s...he was a normal employee in government service...during his younger days...he was posted at a remote place in the nothern parts of India...just by chance...within a short time from the posting found himself in an isolated place...exhausted...lost in the jungle and mountains...the rest was history. Babaji chose to appear before him...talk to him...embraced him as disciple....even without this government employee making an effort...the person is the great Lahiri Mahasaya. Lahiri Mahasaya lived the life of a householder for the rest of his life...by his guru's instructions...and became the guru for hundreds and thousands of people during his life time. Lahiri Mahasaya was the guru of Sri Yukteshwar giri who was the guru of Yogananda Paramahansa (who wrote "The autobiography of a Yogi").

The above short recollection of history not only gives me joy in recalling, but, I hope would also give joy to people by knowing that such things do happen. This may not be an isolated incident. We come to know about this story only through the book mentioned above. There would have been thousands of such people whose names and life story never has reached a publisher.

Personally...I feel the wonder of guru's grace is the greatest creation of God..mother and father are pretty much competent here too...no offence meant.

>>just lets try to help the poor guy slog less for us<<

Shri Sridhar Vasudevan

I recall an incident with H H Jayendrar Saraswathi Swamiji,in Kanchi.My dad passed his last breath at the Mutt after having darshanam of Mahswami.I was then working in Kolkatta.

After the Mahasamadhi of Mahaswami,i visited Kanchi Mutt,wherein when i met H H Jayendra Saraswathi Swamiji,he mentioned " people come here with various problems all the time,and sometimes i do not have enuff dyaana-bhakthi-etc time for myself".I was totally flabbergasted.Like a flash,Mahaswami,came to my mind and it was as though he was saying his inner feelings thru H H Jayendra Saraswathi.I said to myself,as long as possible i should take responsibility for my situations,and only when the calling from the guru comes,should i bother him.

So,what you say makes total sense to me.

:) sb :)

sb!

what I meant is different.

if you want to learn art , then you go to a art teacher...
likewise , if you want to gain knowledge - you have to seek a guru.

only in that sense.

Regards

vasu ji!

the mystical aspect is carried a bit too much in India. people should not disregard logical aspect in their spiritual quest. that's my point.

Guru's uttama lakshanam is to free the disciple completely after the sbject is taught, not to make disciple dependant on guru for another life-time.

Regards

>> not to make disciple dependant on guru for another life-time.<<

Brilliantly written M M.Awesome.

:) sb :)

vasu ji!

the mystical aspect is carried a bit too much in India. people should not disregard logical aspect in their spiritual quest. that's my point.

Guru's uttama lakshanam is to free the disciple completely after the sbject is taught, not to make disciple dependant on guru for another life-time.

Regards

Dear MM,

True until we realize the mystical aspect is of prime importance, because they are relevant even in today's world. Logical aspects are embedded in our spiritual path. It's up to us to give importance to the garden (logic) or the owner of the garden (god).

Guru is merged with nature..god. The subject of guru is to teach the shishya on how to merge with nature..god. So once, the subject is learnt...the shishya is also merged with the guru...there is no dependence, only liberation.

icon7.gif
my son wants to put a happy face to greet you all

vasu sir,

logical part is the one which helps to understand truth - the mystical part.

thanks

With due respects to all the Gurus,

One necessarily need not have a Guru to know the path of knowledge; it is also possible that he may attain it on his own... just that the probability is less...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back