• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

அவள் ஒரு தொடர்கதை - நீயா நானா

Status
Not open for further replies.

kunjuppu

அவள் ஒரு தொடர்கதை - நீயா நானா

i have not seen the movie அவள் ஒரு தொடர்கதை, but have heard a lot about it. being a fan of early k.balachander's creativity.

but i have naa.parthasarathy's kurinji malar. similar theme. about women, who sacrifice their own lives, in order to bring up their families. usually it is the eldest child, a daughter, on the unexpected death of the father, takes it on her own, to console a widowed mother, and younger brothers and sisters, whose education and life support, she takes care through her decision, to give up a part of her own life.

in the yester years, 40 - 50 years ago, this was the common theme of many a tamil magazine, and producing not only tear jerkers, but some extraordinarily sustaining novels like kurinji malar.

to date, personally, i have seen only one family - that of my college classmate, the youngest of 6, 5 sisters above him. whose father died in an accident, and at the time of his college, there was one widowed and 4 unmarried sisters. after his education, he was able to go to usa, and earn sufficient dollars to pay off all the family loans, and marry off the 4 sisters, and build a home for his mother/widowed sister..thanks to earnings outside of india.

this topic is dealt with today's neeya naana. suffice to say, it touched me to the core, and many a drops of tear, at various narrations along the way. this is off the beaten path for gopinath, and for once, i found even gopi not able sufficiently manage the intensity of the feelings..resorting to banality as a way out.

if you find advertisement interruptions, just click at the 'x' on the top left and the ad disappears. in a few days you can also see it uninterrupted on youtube.

among the most touching of all neeya naana shows that i have seen.

God Bless those ladies who have sacrificed themselves...amazed that in this day and age, not only is அவள் ஒரு தொடர்கதை happening in real life, but there are also modern day kavithas.

at the end of this show, my mind is a storm ringing with names like grace, mercy or gayathri, true life unsung winners in this lottery called life and wondering how lucky I and many many of my relatives, friends are. i am only humbled.

neeya-naana-24-04-2013l

/neeya-naana-alternate site l

Last edited:
hi sir,
i saw the movie AVAL ORU THODARKATHAI...more than three times in kapali theater in mandaveli/mylapre in 70's ....

but i like say more... there are many widow athai paattis are taken responsibility in our agraharams...i know many

stories of young widowa took the responsibility of whole family in palakkad gramams....its not a new thing.....

they are not educated...still they took the responsibility.....

i have not seen the movie அவள் ஒரு தொடர்கதை, but have heard a lot about it. being a fan of early k.balachander's creativity.

but i have naa.parthasarathy's kurinji malar. similar theme. about women, who sacrifice their own lives, in order to bring up their families. usually it is the eldest child, a daughter, on the unexpected death of the father, takes it on her own, to console a widowed mother, and younger brothers and sisters, whose education and life support, she takes care through her decision, to give up a part of her own life.

in the yester years, 40 - 50 years ago, this was the common theme of many a tamil magazine, and producing not only tear jerkers, but some extraordinarily sustaining novels like kurinji malar.

to date, personally, i have seen only one family - that of my college classmate, the youngest of 6, 5 sisters above him. whose father died in an accident, and at the time of his college, there was one widowed and 4 unmarried sisters. after his education, he was able to go to usa, and earn sufficient dollars to pay off all the family loans, and marry off the 4 sisters, and build a home for his mother/widowed sister..thanks to earnings outside of india.

this topic is dealt with today's neeya naana. suffice to say, it touched me to the core, and many a drops of tear, at various narrations along the way. this is off the beaten path for gopinath, and for once, i found even gopi not able sufficiently manage the intensity of the feelings..resorting to banality as a way out.

if you find advertisement interruptions, just click at the 'x' on the top left and the ad disappears. in a few days you can also see it uninterrupted on youtube.

among the most touching of all neeya naana shows that i have seen.

God Bless those ladies who have sacrificed themselves...amazed that in this day and age, not only is அவள் ஒரு தொடர்கதை happening in real life, but there are also modern day kavithas.

at the end of this show, my mind is a storm ringing with names like grace, mercy or gayathri, true life unsung winners in this lottery called life and wondering how lucky I and many many of my relatives, friends are. i am only humbled.

neeya-naana-24-04-2013l

/neeya-naana-alternate site l

I know correctly about two such women, one had a family of 4 or 5 siblings younger to her +a sickly father who was a small time contractor for local PWD and had created a lot of debts (mother died earlier to this eldest daughter taking up the responsibility), and another where the father died as soon as the eldest daughter finished writing her SSLC exams leaving behind his widow and 9 younger children, and absolute poverty staring at them!!

Both the girls (both are elder to me) struggled /fought bravely to face life. The former got all her siblings well settled in life forsaking her own love to one of her colleagues in the office. Her only brother had some difficulty being torn between gratitude to his sister and allegiance to his "rAkshasi-type" wife who pretends (my doubt) hysteria whenever it suits her. Finally he found out an easy way to calm his conscience; he now argues that his sister has used up all the money got from selling of his father's old agraharam house without giving him the lion's share; but he forgets that it was the same sister who cleared all the debts of the father. And this is a Tabra case!! The spinster sister is living alone now in her house built by her with the housing loan from her employer.

The second case is of a NB from Karnataka. This venerable lady (which she was when I met her first) rose from a clerk's post in a bank to become a senior officer of a very big bank, got all her nine siblings educated well and settled very well in life but then all of them systematically sidelined her and when I last heard from her she had been completely forgotten by all her brothers and sisters; only some colleagues used to visit her in her house at the native place. I only hope that if she is alive now, she is in some good old age home in congenial surroundings.

That is how ungrateful the world is!!

I have seen that Old Tamil Movie - "Aval Oru Thodar Kathai" as well have just finished watching this neeya-nana episode online.

The episode was too intensed, packed with emotions, pains and disappointments.

All I wish is, girls who all are fortunate not having such critical, suffocating and pressurized circumstances of life should realize the value of time that can never be compensated once lost. They should realize how grateful are they with what they had and what they most probably can have. Have the right spirit and attitude to be happy with what ever life can offer, that should be lived at the right time and be contented.

There are thousands of girls who all are silently crying in pain, having lost their life!! And on other side there are thousands of girls who lived great life all along and are still searching for a fabulous life, strongly holding the idea of achieving upward mobility to the extent that they are least worried about the passing time and the physical and mental complications that carries with it.

It is indeed a spiced up world which I as a common human being, can never appreciate!!

I have seen that Old Tamil Movie - "Aval Oru Thodar Kathai" as well have just finished watching this neeya-nana episode online.

The episode was too intensed, packed with emotions, pains and disappointments.

All I wish is, girls who all are fortunate not having such critical, suffocating and pressurized circumstances of life should realize the value of time that can never be compensated once lost. They should realize how grateful are they with what they had and what they most probably can have. Have the right spirit and attitude to be happy with what ever life can offer, that should be lived at the right time and be contented.

There are thousands of girls who all are silently crying in pain, having lost their life!! And on other side there are thousands of girls who lived great life all along and are still searching for a fabulous life, strongly holding the idea of achieving upward mobility to the extent that they are least worried about the passing time and the physical and mental complications that carries with it.

It is indeed a spiced up world which I as a common human being, can never appreciate!!

Initially I was reluctant to enter this topic..but..after seeing some of the postings...it brought me the old memories..

Some of you may be [yes..only may be..!] remembering the story[ Renuka Madam will definetely remember..] The Tale Of Two Sisters..wherein I have mentioned about the girl Savithri...I have seen myself the hardship, the toil, the will power to survive by a young girl shouldering the entire responsibility...and died unfortunately... Even after 40 years...the whole thing runs like a dream at times for me..

Eventhough the film Aval Oru thodar Kathai dealt with the life of a girl in different level...seeing & experiencing such a hardship can not be described by just words alone...

TVK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back