• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

How to read narayaneeyam within seven days

Status
Not open for further replies.
Friends,

I am sure all of you might have heard about Brahmasri. Narayana Bhattathiri who wrote the famous " NARAYANEEYAM "which is condensed Maha Bhagavatha. But I am sure only few of us know how to read it in Sapthaham.( ie. in 7 days). Herein I am giving the way how to read it in Sapthaham for the purpose of those who are not aware of the method of reading Srrnad Narayaneeyam in SAPTHAHA KRAMAM :-

On 1st day read from Chapter 1 to and incl, of Chapter 12.
On 2nd day read from Chapter 13 to & incl. of Chapter 25.
On 3rd day read from Chapter 26 to & incl. of Chapter 38.
On 4th day read from Chapter 39 to & incl. of Chapter 56.
On 5th day read from Chapter 57 to & incl. of Chapter 79.
on 6th day read from Chapter 80 to & incl. of Chapter 91.
On 7th day read from Chapter 92 to 100th Chapter.i.e. complete.

Regards and Namaskarams,

P.R.RADHAKRISHNAN

Friends,

I am sure all of you might have heard about Brahmasri. Narayana Bhattathiri who wrote the famous " NARAYANEEYAM "which is condensed Maha Bhagavatha. But I am sure only few of us know how to read it in Sapthaham.( ie. in 7 days). Herein I am giving the way how to read it in Sapthaham for the purpose of those who are not aware of the method of reading Srrnad Narayaneeyam in SAPTHAHA KRAMAM :-

On 1st day read from Chapter 1 to and incl, of Chapter 12.
On 2nd day read from Chapter 13 to & incl. of Chapter 25.
On 3rd day read from Chapter 26 to & incl. of Chapter 38.
On 4th day read from Chapter 39 to & incl. of Chapter 56.
On 5th day read from Chapter 57 to & incl. of Chapter 79.
on 6th day read from Chapter 80 to & incl. of Chapter 91.
On 7th day read from Chapter 92 to 100th Chapter.i.e. complete.

Regards and Namaskarams,

P.R.RADHAKRISHNAN

Dear Sir,

Is there any special significance to finish it in seven days?
The reason we read is to imbibe and understand and I feel seven days s surely not enough to finish it if we want to read it through and through.

Cos it depends which book we are using.

Reading the shlokas alone might not suffice..cos one needs to read the commentary too and that will surely take more than 7 days.

The version of the Narayaneeyam I have comes in 3 books with commentary too...that surely will not take 7 days.

There is a difference between 'parayanam' and reading. Sundarakanda parayam is also done in specific time frames. All activities need not be brought down to mundane level.

My doctor advises me to take a full course of antibiotic in seven days, ramping up to say 3 per day and then ramping down in a definite pattern. He insists that I should complete the course even if I get well. When one is sick, vaidya is the paramacharya and must be obeyed.

Dear Sir,

Is there any special significance to finish it in seven days?
The reason we read is to imbibe and understand and I feel seven days s surely not enough to finish it if we want to read it through and through.

Cos it depends which book we are using.

Reading the shlokas alone might not suffice..cos one needs to read the commentary too and that will surely take more than 7 days.

The version of the Narayaneeyam I have comes in 3 books with commentary too...that surely will not take 7 days.

Dear Smt. Renuka,

You my also read chapter by chapter. But I have given the SAPTHAHAM way of reading. It is to be read as you read Mahabhagavatha.
If you reqire as to how to read Mahabhagavatha in 7 days., you can get it from Mahabhagavatha 1st Volume itself, and the ressult also you can find in it.

Regards and Namaskarms,
P.R.RADHAKRISHNAN

There is a difference between 'parayanam' and reading. Sundarakanda parayam is also done in specific time frames. All activities need not be brought down to mundane level.

My doctor advises me to take a full course of antibiotic in seven days, ramping up to say 3 per day and then ramping down in a definite pattern. He insists that I should complete the course even if I get well. When one is sick, vaidya is the paramacharya and must be obeyed.

But what is the significance of 7 days???
That is what I want to know..why not 9 days or 18 days??

Why 7??

Dear Smt. Renuka,

I did not answer one of your question. SAPTHAHAM is a YAGNHA. You can as well read as many chapters with meaning, as you like but that is not YAGNHA, ( You have asked a very good question)

Regards and Namaskarams,
P.R.RADHAKRISHNAN

Why 7??

"Saptaaham" or seven daytimes, to be more specific, is the present in thing. For Bhaagavatham it seems there is an all-India outfit with crores and crores of funding by the diamond merchants of Rajasthan, W. Bengal etc., (essentially, the mArwADis) and this outfit is prepared to spend any amounts of money so that SreemadbhAgavatham will become the (only) scripture of hinduism like the Christian Bible. May be iskcon is also part of the con ;).

We did not have "sundarakanda saptaahams" AFAI can recollect, but a feeble attempt was/is being made to conduct "Deveebhaagavatha saptaahams" in some places. It is quite possible that fans of Naaraayaneeyam are now making an attempt to project Naaraayaneeyam as a small competitor to Sreemadbhaagavatham, imho.

The significance of and insistence on the "saptaaham" format has its origin, imho, in the Suka-pareekshit story; suka completed reciting the Sreemadbgaagavatha in 7 daytimes to pareekshit and then takshaka killed pareekshit. So, perhaps, the saptaaham-crazy people believe that if you take more than 7 days to complete the job and death comes, you will be left in a limbo — thrisanku swargam!!

Namaste Renukaji,

Why 7??

Maam, I heard that 7 days is symbolic to "all" days of the week ie "always/all the times" we need to hear the stories of the Lord.

Thanks,
Jai SiyaRaam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back