• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Girls with moola nakshaththiram(star)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why our brahmin community is always against girls born with "Moola" star
not preferred by the parents of boys. What sin they have committed to be
rejected just because they were born with "Moola" star. Because of this
mentality with our community, such girls are going against our tradition and culture and marry boys from other castes. Who is to be blamed for this? We must put an end to this ????

Why our brahmin community is always against girls born with "Moola" star
not preferred by the parents of boys. What sin they have committed to be
rejected just because they were born with "Moola" star. Because of this
mentality with our community, such girls are going against our tradition and culture and marry boys from other castes. Who is to be blamed for this? We must put an end to this ????

Girls born in Moola nakshatram are avoided because there is a "sanatana" wisdom which says that "moolatthu maamiyaar moolaiyile" (the mother-in-law of such a girl will become a widow and be confined to a dark corner of the house. I have seen this happen in a few cases of tabras who went ahead boldly and got their son married to a Moola Nakshatra girl. There could be cases of the opposite type also, and I don't deny that, but which woman will knowingly bring disaster upon herself by getting her son married to a Moola nakshatra girl and which tabra male will be ready to die for the sake of his moola nakshatra DIL?

Astrologically, girls (and boys too) born in Moola nakshatra are to different extents தான்தோன்றி or uncontrollable; they will do what they want are not usually amenable to wise counsel from others. This characteristic will vary from person to person according to the details of individual horoscope. But still the nature of such persons generally will be நான் பிடிச்ச முயலுக்கு மூணே கொம்பு,
என் வழி அல்லது no வழி. People used to avoid such obstinacy and intransigence by avoiding all moola nakshatra girls because it is not easy to accurately measure and predict how serious each girl's attitudes will be.

Now, of course, the world has changed and practically the boy or the groom is being given in marriage to the girl much like a life-time obedient servant of hers. So, I think there is no harm in marrying one's son to a moolanakshatra girl nowadays, but the fear of widowhood may still influence many mothers of boys.

Last edited:
I know four girls in my family with moola nakshatram who are married to boys of good upbringing and all the fathers in law and mothers in law are quite alive and kicking with their great grand sons celebrating their marriages. This moola nakshatram taboo is just so much of nonsense. My mother was born in Ayilyam (AslEshA) star. Though there is a similar taboo on this star too my father lived untill he was 86 years old and his mlother too died at the ripe old age of 92. My paternal grandfather lived for 82 years. So all these are superstitions. For a girl to be even stubborn with her opinion ( as is made out in the earlier post, based on jyotish knowledge) it does not require a moola star to be that. It is enough if there is a thoughtless stupid husband who refuses to allow his wife the space that she is entitled to, he will have a stubborn wife-moola or not.

One girl in my close family circle has Moolam star. Even with her double master's degree in the U S of A,

many tambrams living in India rejected her. When she was 30, the parents of a 33 year PhD tambram guy,

born and brought up in the U S of A, came forward to accept her as their DIL. The parents are fit and fine. :)

Nakshatra is only one of the factors to be taken into account while judging a horoscope. It determines the janma Rasi. For Mula Nakshatra it is Dhanur Rasi.

It is impossible to make any predictions without knowing the positions of other planets.

No Astrologer would make a prediction based only on the Nakshatra of the Girl/Boy.

Astrologically such beliefs in Moolam, Ayilyam, Kettai etc. have no meaning unless other indications are present in the horoscope.

These are blind beliefs which do not have any basis. Definitely not Astrological.

BTW the old saying also goes ஆண் மூலம் அரசாளும்.

Sangom Sir is very learned member here, his knowledge on many subjects are very vast.

STIGMA ATTACHED TO THE STARS AYILYUM - MOOLAM - KETTAI - VISAKAM.

1. Ayilyum is bad for mother-in-law

2. Moolam is bad for Father-in-law

3. Kettai is bad for Elder Brother

4. Viasakam is bad for younger brother

AANN Moolam Arasalum- PENN moolam Nirmoolum

AANI MOOLAM ARASALUM - PINN MOOLAM NIRMOOLUM
(Not AANN or PENN)

which means those born in the Tamil month of AANI with Moolam Star will lead a very successful life and others born in the last padhams of Moolam will destroy all evil forces and win over their enemies.

NO STAR IS A BAD STAR.

But these Stigma’s attached to some Stars make it difficult for Girls to get married.

I know four girls in my family with moola nakshatram who are married to boys of good upbringing and all the fathers in law and mothers in law are quite alive and kicking with their great grand sons celebrating their marriages. This moola nakshatram taboo is just so much of nonsense. My mother was born in Ayilyam (AslEshA) star. Though there is a similar taboo on this star too my father lived untill he was 86 years old and his mlother too died at the ripe old age of 92. My paternal grandfather lived for 82 years. So all these are superstitions. For a girl to be even stubborn with her opinion ( as is made out in the earlier post, based on jyotish knowledge) it does not require a moola star to be that. It is enough if there is a thoughtless stupid husband who refuses to allow his wife the space that she is entitled to, he will have a stubborn wife-moola or not.

I know two or three cases of Moola nakshatra women. One is very old (nearing 90). In accordance with beliefs then strongly prevailing, she was married to a groom whose mother had already become a widow. She had a very pliable husband yet she would try all the best to interfere in the affairs of close relatives and firends and ensure that all of them danced to her tune, even if unwillingly. I do not think it was a case of her husband not giving "the space she was entitled to" but her own innate nature.

The second case is of a gentleman whom I respect very much. He was advised by the astrologer in Vadala or Matunga (Mumbai) on the lines of the non-superstitious posters above and accordingly he got his son married to a Moola nakshatra girl and within months he died of a sudden heart attack. That girl has now wrecked the whole family and denied the husband's siblings of their share in the inherited property worth crores in Mumbai. Though she will appear like a lamb she is a real tigress in her designs. Here also the husband is dancing to her tune and there is no case of any "space" being entitled to the wife, imo.

The third case is one about which I have no great information for a number of years now, but the FIL who boldly agrred for her marriage to his son, died within an year or so. The husband also died within a few years leaving no issues. Later developments I do not know, nor I know whether that girl is alive now and if so where she is.

Hence I feel it is all a matter of personal beliefs just as the god-belief and if one is deemed sacrosanct, then the other cannot be termed superstition.

Last edited:
hi
these are strong beliefs.....even my father in law was MOOLA nakashatra....he enjoyed like king....but he was under the control

of my mother in law....another example....my paternal grand mother was MOOLAM..... she lived upto 85 yrs....but she had

problem with her father in law in her earlier days......my paternal grand father died at the age of 92.....so i think....the fear

of nakshatra...our pshycho analysis play a key role in the nakshatra....just info....HANUMAN JI'S JANMA NAKSHATRA MOOLAM....

God created man to have dominion over everything else, the Sun, the Moon, the Planets, the Stars, etc. Man has stooped down, substituted his wisdom with superstition and seeks inanimate planets to decide the course of his life.

Shame!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I do not believe any of these sayings.
In God's creation no star can be bad or good. These sayings are just play of words in Tamil, or rhetoric. Nothing more than that. Let us not worry about our birth star or any other matter related to our birth. It was decided by the creator without giving us any choice to select.

Our life is decided by our own conduct. It is the theory of "Karma", that plays in our life. It follows natural law of Cause and Effect, that has been told in our scriptures and by our sages time and again.

The cards of life have been dealt by HIM at birth, now it is for us to play the game. Let us try to be good human being, develop the two cardinal values of love and compassion towards others.

I have known many girls born in these "tainted stars", leading wonderful life and happy families.

Brahmanyan,
Bangalore.

Reference post #7:

Have we heard of any case in which the father in law died immediately(on the marriage day itself-for good effect) after his son's marriage to a girl with moola star and people suspecting that the girl had been planted into the family only to kill/murder the father in law? Or is there no case at all of a father in law dying immediately after the marriage(involving a non-moola bride) or in the marriage pandal itself? If there were indeed such deaths what do we account them for? If we can be so sure of moola being a sure death star, then people would have certainly used it to kill people cleverly hiding the truth. In such devilish cases there would be no proof and all the culprits like the father, mother, brother sister, relatives, astrologer etc of the girl would coolly escape punishment for murder. And I forgot, the astrologer would also stand accused of complicity and culpability for homicide.

Every woman who has married and also every woman who has not married is entitled to her own space and time. When that is denied by parents or husband or parents in law the first thing that happens is - the girl starts sulking which matures in course of time into defiance and stubbornness. It will be difficult for people of an elder generation to understand this because in their days a woman was not supposed to have a mind of her own at all. They were all supposed to be "பெய்யெனப்பெய்யும் மழை" sort of women.

Cheers.

Dear P.S.Narasimhan,

I do not know whether you are a vaishnavite. If you are a vaishnavite the matter reproduced below will make sense and will be helpful. I received this message when I was looking for a suitable girl for my nephew about an year back. Now please read on:

Dear parent,

Are you a vaishnavite/Aiyengar?

Are you looking for a match for your son/daughter?

Do you find Astrologers speaking in a language which is plain Latin to you?

If your answer to these questions is yes, then please read this fully. Otherwise just delete this and carry on with your chores. Thank you.

1. Know thyself

A vaishnavite is one who has accepted the Vedas as the ultimate pramaanam (unassailable truth) and Srimannarayanan as the God to be worshipped. For him all other gods in the Hindu pantheon are just devathas, who can not give him what he wants i.e. either Saayujyam/moksham after this world or lasting aayush, aarogyam, Aiswaryam etc., in this world. This is called 'ananyagathithvam' by learned men of the srivaishnava sampradhaayam. A 'prapannan' or one who has done prapatti/saranaagati has unwavering faith in these tenets. This is the reason why srivaishnavites do not offer navagrahatarpanam (aadityam tarpayami, somam tarpayami….sanaicharam tarpayami etc.,) while offering kesavaathi tarpanam during the sandhyaavandanam thrice every day. For a vaishnavite the planets are just devathas and they do what the God has ordained. Also a vaishnavite believes that his birth, fortunes, pleasures, pains, sufferings, destiny and death are determined only by his own praaraptha and sanjitha karmas which are nullified by Srimannarayana once he performed the prapatti/saranagati in his lifetime.
The very fact that you are a vaishnavite means you have accepted these Vedic truths. You might have learnt these facts from books or through listening to elders' advices and religious discourses or you might have simply inherited this sampradhaayam from your forefathers who at some point in the endless chain of generations would have consciously accepted this sampradhayam as the only true path to salvation. Either way it does not matter because you are a member of the vaishnavite community which follows the best system of religious philosophy known to mankind. This is not a boastful, hollow claim because this write-up has been prepared by one who has studied comparative religious philosophy (of major religions of the world) as the subject for his Doctoral research.
So in a gist, there are two important points. 1) a vaishnavite worships only Srimannarayana and does not believe that other smaller devathas can do anything good or bad to him. 2) a vaishnavite also believes that his birth, death and life are determined only by his own karmas which can be nullified by saranagati to Srimannarayana.

2. What are you doing?

a) If the girl's star is Rohini it will affect the health of the uncles of the girl as well as the boy marrying her.
b) If the girl's star is Ayilyam, it is not good for the mother-in-law.
c) If the girl's star is Kettai, it is not good for the elder brother of the boy marrying her.
d) If the girl's or boy's star is Moolam, it is not good for the father-in-law.
e) If the girl's star is Pooradam, it is not good for the mother-in-law.

You would have heard the above five judgments/assertions from the old ladies in the family repeatedly. Every time you get a horoscope of a girl/boy whose other qualifications/eligibilities are outstanding you would have been intimidated by these superstitious assertions and would have meekly accepted it as the easy way out of a dilemma. Now being a vaishnavite how far are you right in doing that? Let us see.

First if you subject these assertions to the test of proof you would find that there is no truth in these statements. The following books/treatises are considered to be the basic and authoritative texts for the Jyotisha Shastra:
1. Brihat Samhita by Varahamihira
2. Brihat Jatakam by Varahamihira
3. Horasara by Prithyusas
4. Jataka Parijatham by Vaidhyanatha Dikshita
5. Jataka tatvam by Mahadeva
6. Uttarakaalamrutham by Kalidasa
7. Jatakadesamargam by Pothumanai Somadri
8. Jataka Alankaram by Ganesa Devajna
9. Sangetha Nidhi by Ramadayalu
10. Kalaprakasika, Sarvartha Chintamani, Paladipika etc., by later day Astrologers.

We engaged learned researchers to study these granthas in their oldest editions and the results of their study of these texts in their authentic form has led to the conclusion that the above statements about the stars are plain superstitions and are not supported by these granthas on Jyotisha Shastra.
In practice too we have records of many families where the daughter-in-laws with these stars did not bring any misfortune to the husband's family.
Having settled that issue let us see this from another more important angle:
If you are a vaishnavite and have accepted the fact that Srimannarayana is the ultimate truth and that other devathas cannot determine anything about you, then where is the question of their determining the life and death of you, your wife or your son? For that matter how can you believe that these devathas represented by the stars(actually the stars are not even devathas) will decide your health and fortunes? If you believe that your daughter-in-law's/son-in-law's star can determine your fortunes and health what happens to your higher belief (mahavishvaasam) on Srimannarayana? Don't you think that your saranagati to Srimannarayana is hollow and meaningless if you believe in the powers of these devathas?

Now again in a gist there are three points which have emerged: 1)The assertions about the stars is neither authentic nor supported by any of the ancient literature in Jyotisha Shastra.2)these assertions are neither supported by the experience in daily life as can be seen from the large number of happily married girls/boys born in these stars.3)If you still believe in these assertions it would mean that you consciously choose to be superstitious and that brings you in direct conflict with the Srivaishnava sampradhaayam to which you claim to belong.

3. Please think about this and then act.

So parents, when next time you go to an astrologer, make it clear to him that you are a vaishnavite and so you do not believe in the bad effects of stars and ask him only to look at the compatibility in other aspects alone. Better still - go to the temple and pray before Srimannarayanan and ask for his approval of a match.

Girl born in Moola 4th paada is not preferred. It is actually a paattiyamma vachanam. There are matching stars and other than the 'paththu poruththam' horoscopes matching will help to determine better. Moolam or no moolam, father's-in-law will die or will have to die. If the astrologer can apply his mind and call his faculty to the full use, he can really help. But like everybody he is also in a hurry. One's principle in life should be to make the best of a bad bargain.

aswini, maham and moolam : these three stars are the first begining starsand begining degrees in mesha, simham and dhanus rasis. AAyilyam, kettai and revathy are the end stars and ending degrees in kadagam, vricham and meenam rasis. each star will have 60 naligais in which for aayilyam from 0 to n naligai rajjiyam and 5 to 12 naligai death of father and 12 to 14 mother death and 14 to 17 nqaligai time good education.

from 17 to 21 naaligai more affection towards father. from 21 to 29 naligai good health. from 29 to 40 naaligai kodooram. and from 40 to 46 naligai becomes sanyasi and from 46 to 55 naaligai peaceful life and from 55 to 60 naaligai more wealth. so find out the birth naligai of the girl or father and be satisfied. do not say blindly aayilyam,maham and moolam are harm ful.
nalgai mother"s father death. from 12 to 18 naligai death of wife"s brother and from 18 to 24 naligai mother dead. and from from 24 to 30 naligai the child will die; from 30 to 36 naligai death of dayaadhigal;

out of 27 stars these 6 stars are having this problem. the other 21 stars are not having any problem like this. for kettai star fro 0 to 6 naaligai death of mother"s mother; from 6 to 12naligai mother"s father death; from 12 to 18 naligai maamaa maranam; from 18 to 24 naligai mother will die; from 24 to 30 naligai child will die; from 30 to 36 naligai daayaadhigal maranam; from 36 to 42 naligai distant relatives will die.

from 42 to 48 naligai death of elder brother; from 48 to 54 naligai death of father -in-law; from 54 to 60 very heavy loss. therefore find out the birth naligai and see what will happen . then proceed further with other poruthams. and yogams.

I strongly accept Mr.Iyyarooraan observatios Moolam or No moolam only the horocopes matching is
the best way of fixing the marriage. Why should we go after Pattiammas vachanam..It all depends on one's horoscope of in-laws.We can definitely avoid Nakshthira Poruththam,as it is only secondary and and not an important. Mr.Brahmanyan words in his reply is to be accepted by one and all,and one must follow these words in letter and spirit.

aswini, maham and moolam : these three stars are the first begining starsand begining degrees in mesha, simham and dhanus rasis. AAyilyam, kettai and revathy are the end stars and ending degrees in kadagam, vricham and meenam rasis. each star will have 60 naligais in which for aayilyam from 0 to n naligai rajjiyam and 5 to 12 naligai death of father and 12 to 14 mother death and 14 to 17 nqaligai time good education. from 17 to 21 naaligai more affection towards father. from 21 to 29 naligai good health. from 29 to 40 naaligai kodooram. and from 40 to 46 naligai becomes sanyasi and from 46 to 55 naaligai peaceful life and from 55 to 60 naaligai more wealth. so find out the birth naligai of the girl or father and be satisfied. do not say blindly aayilyam,maham and moolam are harm ful.nalgai mother"s father death. from 12 to 18 naligai death of wife"s brother and from 18 to 24 naligai mother dead. and from from 24 to 30 naligai the child will die; from 30 to 36 naligai death of dayaadhigal; out of 27 stars these 6 stars are having this problem. the other 21 stars are not having any problem like this. for kettai star fro 0 to 6 naaligai death of mother"s mother; from 6 to 12naligai mother"s father death; from 12 to 18 naligai maamaa maranam; from 18 to 24 naligai mother will die; from 24 to 30 naligai child will die; from 30 to 36 naligai daayaadhigal maranam; from 36 to 42 naligai distant relatives will die. from 42 to 48 naligai death of elder brother; from 48 to 54 naligai death of father -in-law; from 54 to 60 very heavy loss. therefore find out the birth naligai and see what will happen . then proceed further with other poruthams. and yogams.

Dear Mr. Gopalan,

What you have said in so many words is just a reiteration of my aththai paatti's pazhamozhikal only of course with some modification. Still you maintain that some stars are bad indeed while others are not. On which authority in jyotish Sastra do you rely for these summary conclusions? Can you quote the source from the following or from any other source?

1. Brihat Samhita by Varahamihira
2. Brihat Jatakam by Varahamihira
3. Horasara by Prithyusas
4. Jataka Parijatham by Vaidhyanatha Dikshita
5. Jataka tatvam by Mahadeva
6. Uttarakaalamrutham by Kalidasa
7. Jatakadesamargam by Pothumanai Somadri
8. Jataka Alankaram by Ganesa Devajna
9. Sangetha Nidhi by Ramadayalu
10. Kalaprakasika, Sarvartha Chintamani, Paladipika etc., by later day Astrologers.

Thank you.

Cheers.

derr suraj sir, Please contact jyothisha vijnana krishivala karai. G. swaminatha sarma, plot no. 58. srinivasa nagar. 3rd cross. thavala kuppam puducherry 605007. mobile- 9842324598. e mail. swamy 24598 @ yahoo.co.in.

derr suraj sir, Please contact jyothisha vijnana krishivala karai. G. swaminatha sarma, plot no. 58. srinivasa nagar. 3rd cross. thavala kuppam puducherry 605007. mobile- 9842324598. e mail. swamy 24598 @ yahoo.co.in.
hi sir,
he was TB FORUM AASTHANA JYOSIAR.....once upon a time....many veterans know him very welll.....

Gopalan sir, please add me as a friend so you can help me find my "kula deivam". I am originally from palakkad, and settled nowhere, roaming all over the world without any aim or ambition. My job is unstable, family life is unhappy, father and grandmother passed away in a quick span. I've reached the point of desperation where life feels meaningless and I feel like commiting suicide at times. I'd like to add you on skype and find out what's going wrong with me, and how to correct it with proper remedies. Thanks and regards.

Gopalan sir, please add me as a friend so you can help me find my "kula deivam". I am originally from palakkad, and settled nowhere, roaming all over the world without any aim or ambition. My job is unstable, family life is unhappy, father and grandmother passed away in a quick span. I've reached the point of desperation where life feels meaningless and I feel like commiting suicide at times. I'd like to add you on skype and find out what's going wrong with me, and how to correct it with proper remedies. Thanks and regards.

Dear Sri Ashwin,

Though the message is not addressed to me, I venture to write a reply to ameliorate your mental anguish to some extent. First and foremost is to develop self confidence and face life as it comes. Every one of us face difficult periods in our life. But it may not stay permanently with anyone.Better days follow in due course.

It is good that you came out to seek help from other friends.

Nothing in our life happens without reason. The course is predestined. We are like pieces in a jigsaw puzzle. Only the creator knows where to fix the piece and when to finish the picture. Till then we have to run about seeking our place in the picture. Have faith in you, bright future will dawn on you soon.

Wishing you well,
Brahmanyan,
Bangalore.

I would add this:

Find a guru and join his satsang - could be anything that one finds emotionally attractive - art of living, chinmaya mission, ma amritanadamayi, shankara mutt, mahesh yogi, even ISKCON.

I have come across several people who got completely transformed and benefited by such association.

Dear Sri Ashwin,

Though the message is not addressed to me, I venture to write a reply to ameliorate your mental anguish to some extent. First and foremost is to develop self confidence and face life as it comes. Every one of us face difficult periods in our life. But it may not stay permanently with anyone.Better days follow in due course.

It is good that you came out to seek help from other friends.

Nothing in our life happens without reason. The course is predestined. We are like pieces in a jigsaw puzzle. Only the creator knows where to fix the piece and when to finish the picture. Till then we have to run about seeking our place in the picture. Have faith in you, bright future will dawn on you soon.

Wishing you well,
Brahmanyan,
Bangalore.

I would add this:

Find a guru and join his satsang - could be anything that one finds emotionally attractive - art of living, chinmaya mission, ma amritanadamayi, shankara mutt, mahesh yogi, even ISKCON.

I have come across several people who got completely transformed and benefited by such association.

Shri Ashwin,

I would caution you about following the above advice. Never ever go near any of these missions, godmen, godwomen etc. It will only complicate matters and you will find yourself completely engulfed by the charlatans who run and are behind all such places. Since you said in another post that you read sai satcharitra, may be you can continue that without any harm coming to you. In any case one has to boldly pass through adversity if one wants better days. I am saying this as a person who suffered much in my younger days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back