• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Spend more Quality Time with your Children.

Status
Not open for further replies.
555370_322241801228293_1090803048_n.jpg

In India, especially in Chennai , nowadays there is trend among well earning couple, from IT industry to leave their children with Ayyas, Servant Maids, Aged Grand Parents, and the couple go for Meditation Camp, Community Service; They forget one thing, their parents never did like that and that's why what they are today.

Last edited:
Nothing in the world could replace or compensate the warmth of parental love.

Brahmanyan,
Bangalore.

Dear Sir,

It's true but when a teen is playing his smart phone or lap top games or on FB with his friends..no amount of parental love is going to make him stop his game..he will say "Amma don't disturb me!"

I actually see the reverse, at least in the US. The parents (including me and my wife) spend much more time with our kids than our parents did. This could also be due to the total absence of relatives and family for the Indian American nuclear family.

Dear Sir,

It's true but when a teen is playing his smart phone or lap top games or on FB with his friends..no amount of parental love is going to make him stop his game..he will say "Amma don't disturb me!"

Dear Doctor,

You know better. When children grow they like to have their own space. Let us give that to them, with love.

Regards,
Brahmanyan,
Bangalore.

My two year old grand daughter plays the jigsaw puzzle game on her (!) i-pad.

She will put all the pieces except the last one because she wants her dad to complete it for her!

Thus she makes sure that she is not left alone to play. So, be with the kid at least till they grow older. :baby:

Dear Sir,

renukaji

This is for young Kids, when they grow up they do not need Ayyas, or Servant maids to looks after them.
My Post about Indian IT professionals who leave their young kids to the mercy of Ayyas and servant maids.

I agree that we need to spend more time with kids so that they can be really happy since most of the families are having single child only.

Dear P J Sir,

It is not the case in Indian IT couples only. One of Ram's nephews from Hyderabad married a doctor girl and now lives in the U S of A.

Since both of them are working, he has an African American girl in her early twenties, to help to take care of their kid. As soon as the

parents in law, who went from
Hyderabad, to help their daughter returned, this nanny is taking care of the kid. In return, she is paid

for her studies to become a qualified nurse! She is given a car and she drops the kid at play school, finishes her studies, brings back

the kid home and take care of him! The kid's mother has more or less 18 hours of work every day!! :ballchain:

Raji Madam

Many IT professionals in Chennai leave their kids to ayyas, Grand Parents and they go for community service meditation etc often. This is because they earn more that what was their expectation.
Previous generation , i mean our parents never left us with Ayyas.

As a kid, I was often alone at house with my brother for most of my childhood except the early days (1-5 years), when the grandparents used to take care of us. It wasn't nearly as bad as people say, we turned out fine for the most part. Dialogue was key, my parents always provided me an open platform for discussion of anything under the sun. I dare say that's why we didn't turn into perverts when we were teens and had the house to ourselves for most the day.

The thing is, each child is his own person, parents need to provide the guiding hand. They can and will do things on their own as well (in fact, that is better for their mental development). Yes, spending time to talk to your kids (at least) is very important.

Just my opinion :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back