• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Rituals for divorcees?

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Are there rituals / pujas for divorcees.
2. let us say the divorcee wants to remarry, are the rituals for remarriage different from the first marriage?
any help appreciated.
as usual, the divorcee is a really really innoscent divorcee colleague of mine.

There is no difference between the marriage of a unmarried girl/boy and a Divorcee. The same rituals.

Q no. 1, is for a divorcee, not remarried yet. is there some prayaschitam done at kula deivam place. i am sure there are. if so what are the apologetic prayers? i guess he/she is apologising to the culture and tradition ??

Q no. 1, is for a divorcee, not remarried yet. is there some prayaschitam done at kula deivam place. i am sure there are. if so what are the apologetic prayers? i guess he/she is apologising to the culture and tradition ??

Smt. Sandhyav,

Divorce is a very contemporary phenomenon and such a thing was neither foreseen nor treated by our scriptures. Irrespective of the fact whether the divorcee is innocent or not, the doubt is, to me at least, like saying whether a person with a big paunch or short hair, etc., should have some special poojas and rites of marriage; and the answer is a clear NO. If a remarriage takes place for a divorcee (male or female) it is just like a fresh marriage. But if someone were to ask me as to how to go about the remarriage, my answer is that he/she should prefer the civil marriage to the religious one.

As the OP is in the rituals, puja and ceremonies section, it is expected that the replies and advice will be in tune with the expectation of the seeker. They who want to give irrelevant advises (contrary to the spirit of the post) will be doing right if these are done in GD section.

I understand that GD was recommended in the past for posting off-focus views.

I understand that GD was recommended in the past for posting off-focus views.
I agree with the statement.
Is marriage a religious ceremony or is it a social custom, "sanctioned" by religion. The meaning of the word Marriage is still evolving, and changes with the society. In the modern day of IC, IR, inter-sexual orientation, cohabitation, child out of wedlock, etc, let us keep it civil and leave religion out of it for the masses. If some one wants to marry in a religion that too should be allowed.

1. Are there rituals / pujas for divorcees.
2. let us say the divorcee wants to remarry, are the rituals for remarriage different from the first marriage?
any help appreciated.
as usual, the divorcee is a really really innoscent divorcee colleague of mine.

hi

the divorcee is a really really innoscent divorcee colleague of mine.[/QUOTE]

just a thought...WHAT IS THE MEANING INNOCENT DIVORCEE?.....is any innocent marriage too?......or innocent

applicable ONLY FOR GAL....NOT FOR BOY?...WHY?....

Even in bride/groom wanted adverts too, the term innocent divorcee is used.

The person is not guilty even though he/she has started the proceedings.

hi

the divorcee is a really really innoscent divorcee colleague of mine.

just a thought...WHAT IS THE MEANING INNOCENT DIVORCEE?.....is any innocent marriage too?......or innocent

applicable ONLY FOR GAL....NOT FOR BOY?...WHY?....
[/QUOTE]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back