• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

nadi astrology scam-How nadi astrology are made?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please see Y Tube Video
Nadi astrology scam-How Nadi leaves are made? Part 3 - YouTube

More detailed description of how Naadi leaves are made. The main content of the Video exposing where Naadi leaves are made- Kathiramangalam, Padagasalai and few villages are the manufacturing places for the NADI leaves. The script on the leaves are roughly drawn by the lay man which is look like tamil. This is the real evidence recorded by Sun Tv for the NIJAM (THE THRUTH) shows. All Nadi leaves are biggest scam and these people are fooling innocent people.

That was beautiful expose. I am a non-believer in this hocus-pocus, I have written against these kind of charlatans, and dubious predictions.
It is fun and touristy thing to do, just as you read comics and astrology in the newspapers.
It is "buyer's beware" when buying anything.

I wish more of such expose are done to educate the common folks, who spends hard earned money on this kind of scams.

Please see Y Tube Video
Nadi astrology scam-How Nadi leaves are made? Part 3 - YouTube

More detailed description of how Naadi leaves are made. The main content of the Video exposing where Naadi leaves are made- Kathiramangalam, Padagasalai and few villages are the manufacturing places for the NADI leaves. The script on the leaves are roughly drawn by the lay man which is look like tamil. This is the real evidence recorded by Sun Tv for the NIJAM (THE THRUTH) shows. All Nadi leaves are biggest scam and these people are fooling innocent people.

Some few years back..I had a chance opportunity to check with one Nadi Jothidar at Tambaram, Chennai.. Initially my left thumb impression was taken as a tool to search the nadi leaves.. After couple of hours of search I was informed about the RELATED leaves..and the jothidar started decipher what was written ..He has not taken the exact leaf pertaining to myself but gave reference by oral enquiries like how many children father's name etc.. Finally after 1/2 hr. session he has located the correct leaf where in my mother's name, father's name, my tamil dt of birth all decipher from the leaf.. Assuming it was mind reading.. I myself do not know the tamil dt. of my birth[ which was later verified at home] The no. of children & their names were also revealed..My horoscope was written correctly with ref..from the leaf.. But whatever he said about the PAST was accurate but the future..?? ..Nothing happened as deciphered from the leaf so for..

I am not able find out till to day how my past was given so accurately by the leaf..and he has also given the past & future written in a note-book..!!

TVK

My wife and my brother's wife were very much impressed by Nadi Jothidam in those days.
You would have observed the house is completely closed , not a single window is kept open.
I was told that they have PC , with Soft ware loaded and once they get the details of Date of birth/Time of Birth/ and Day of Birth, they make predictions using software.
They generally cover every thing like what we see in Predictions.
But future is always not predictable, hence there they fail miserably.

They usually demand to do some Pariharam and make you pay more.

Nadi astrologer held for fraud
TNN Jun 26, 2003, 11.21pm IST

MOHALI: A high drama was enacted outside a house in Phase 7, Mohali, when the police arrested 'Nadi' astrologer B Raju and his five helpers for fraud on Thursday.

B Raju, who had set up a Nadi reading centre, was held on the complaint of city based businessman Kanwaljit Singh Walia.
B Raju claimed to be a native of Vaitheeswaran Kovil village in Thanjavur district of Tamil Nadu, where the art of Nadi astrology can be traced to. This system claims that a man's life, past, present and future and even that of his children and relatives can be known from the ancient text written on palm leaves by sages more than 5000 years ago. The entire forecast begins by taking the impression of the right thumb for men and left for women.

Narrating his experience at the centre, Kamaljit said after half-an-hour of taking his thumb impression, he was told that a matching palm leaf had been found.
"The persons brought a bundle of 50 leaves and started reading the text in Tamil. They asked several questions and told me to reply in either yes or no," he said. Kanwaljit said after the fifth bundle had been read, to his surprise he was told his name, the names of his parents, wife, children, his brothers and sisters. Kanwaljit said he then paid them Rs 1,100 to predict his future. He said they predicted some positive events coupled with some negative facts like he would meet with an accident in the near future, which could even be fatal.

Kanwaljit said he was told that a puja at a South Indian temple could help avert the danger and they offered to perform the puja without his being there for Rs 10,000. Kanwaljit said he came back disturbed and recollected what had transpired at the centre. Then he realised that he had been asked to reply in yes or no to questions which gave out the details. He said queries like, is your name a synonym of any god, does it start and ends with a particular alphabet, were put forth. "I was asked whether I was born on a Sunday, Monday or Tuesday, between third-tenth in some months. Questions were asked about my parents and relatives and between the reading of each bundle, they took half-an-hour." He said that later he realised that this time was used to gather information about him and his family. Kanwaljit said he went to the office again with an offer that he would make a video-film for Raju to publicise his science. But during the shoot, Raju and his helpers became uncomfortable and stopped the recording, he said. After this, Kanwaljit lodged a complaint and police registered a case of cheating (420) and criminal breach of trust (406) against the six accused including S B Raju, Sayarman, K Raju, Kaliamurthy, Dhanpal and A K Sainthal. All six of them were interrogated at the Phase 8 police station.

On googling you find other cases

http://nirmukta.com/2011/06/13/the-fraud-of-nadi-jothida/

Last edited:
My wife and my brother's wife were very much impressed by Nadi Jothidam in those days.
You would have observed the house is completely closed , not a single window is kept open.
I was told that they have PC , with Soft ware loaded and once they get the details of Date of birth/Time of Birth/ and Day of Birth, they make predictions using software.
They generally cover every thing like what we see in Predictions.
But future is always not predictable, hence there they fail miserably.

They usually demand to do some Pariharam and make you pay more.

"I was told that they have PC , with Soft ware loaded and once they get the details of Date of birth/Time of Birth/ and Day of Birth, they make predictions using software."

I too know about this software & infact it is in my PC.. But in my case the jodithar did not ask about dt .of birth or any direct references.. He first read from one leaf and say "you are the third son of your father..and I had to say YES or NO..similarly the some more references and got the correct leaf with my mother's name & father's name..The dt. of birth was in the leaf..

In a nutshell neither I could believe nor ridicule what was written in the notebook & handed over to me..as the past was accurate.. He did not suggest any Parikaarams..

TVK

This Investigation done by SUN TV can not be brushed aside, but there is other side also.
Some very unknown facts are brought out in Nadi Jothidam.

I don't know why..but somehow Nadi astrology always shows people's past births as mainly Brahmins.

My both brothers and dad Nadi astro said they were TB temple priest in TN in their previous birth.

My mum's Nadi also shows she was a Brahmin in a previous birth.

Only mine shows something else.

So I really wonder how accurate that is..cos why is everyone a Brahmin in their previous life??

So I guess we should not really rely too much on it.

Last edited:
I had a direct experience of Nadi jyotsyam sometime during the 1970's when I was attached to the Trivandrum office and my duty involved (consisted mostly) bank/branch inspections in Kerala. Once when myself and the team were in Alleppey (now Alappuzha) district. There was a well-known Nadi astrologer in one centre, attached to a vishnu temple there and three (hindus) of us therefore went one day just to know about how this Nadi worked. On the first day the swamiji, who had the (Vasishta) Nadi in his possession and also knew how to read it, gave us an appointment for another date and time according to our convenience. On the appointed day, the swamiji was ready with a few bundles of palm leaf granthas all neatly covered in green silk pieces. He asked us to go and sit on the wooden seating plank (AmappalakAi) placed by his side and facing the north, while he was seated facing the east on one side of the door to the sanctum santorum of the temple, a very neatly maintained one.

He narrated the story of the temple and the nADi. It seems the temple belonged to the sanyasi's old TharawAD or family and had fallen into complete neglect. This man had gone wandering because he had some liking for religion & philosophy, had taken to sanyasa and had come back to his native place just by a desire to see whether his people were all OK. But they had sold off all the extensive properties, the joint family had splintered and migrated far and wide. The temple alone stood, neglected and in partial ruin. So he said he decided to spend the rest of his life for renovating the temple. During this renovation work when the land was dug, the NADi palm leafs were accidentally discovered in a copper pot. He then took those palm leafs to Madras and got them cleaned and also learnt how to read theem with the help of some people in Tamil Nadu who were in that line.

The predictions given were very ordinary. Our names were somehow deciphered in an oblique way linking it to specific godheads etc. Not much was told about our previous births. But the date of our deaths was clearly told. One of us took down those dates but since we did not attach much importance to it, I did not keep a copy.

We were told to give whatever we could for the temple and the swami promptly gave us a recipt for the amount we paid (about Rs. 150/= if I remember rightly, now, after nearly 40+ years.).

On the whole we felt that it was a very straight forward business, no tricks.

My daughter-in-law consulted some nADi astrologer when they (she and my son) did not get any issues even after 4 years of marriage. The nADiwaalah told that she would get two children, the first a son and that everything would be Ok for her and her family. She has now two sons and the nADi prediction seems to have come true in her case.

For reading about Past births, there is a specific Kandam, like that for Marriage Etc.
For Reading each Kandam, a fee has to be paid.
I was not a Brahmin in my Previous birth but maintained a small Temple.
What surprised my wife was that he told even in this birth he maintains a Temple!!
Yes, in our Chennai home, we have a small Therukuthu Pilliyar Temple maintained by us.

After knowing this i myself wanted to see the Nadi Astrologer.
Nadi jothidam fellow read from a chuvadi told me that I was a big land owner in my previous birth, probably somewhere in Kerala or Tamilnadu and had many sons and daughters; also constructed a small Pillayar temple near my home, and maintained it.
I asked him again the correct about the location of my previous birth place. After consulting many Chuvadis, he was telling he finds that I was born in Kerala in one of my previous births and in another somewhere in Tamilnadu.

In that place there is Temple on a mountain which is very famous.

This took me no where as there are many Temples in Tamilnadu located on hill top so I left at that.
Few years later, we were on a pilgrimage to many temples, we had some prarthana at Samayapuram Temple, which is near Trichy.

It was my first trip to Samayapuram temple, when we were going through a particular road, by car,
(in one side of the road lot of trees lined up) the place looked very familiar to me.

Every thing including houses, small roads is very familiar to me... It was like a dream...( some houses i could not recognize )
We decided to find about that place after finishing our prarthana at Samayapuram Temple... so first we headed for that temple.
After finishing the prarthana, I asked an old pujari there about any small Ganapathy temple in and around that location through which we passed through.

He told us that there is a small pillayar temple maintained by one family for many years , probably over 200 years.
After collecting the exact information about the location of the temple, we took the old man's blessings, and went in search of that temple...

We managed to locate the family who maintained the temple... it was a really a feeling of 'home coming ' for me. I had feeling that something inside me was jumping!!!
An old man took us to the temple, and when I saw the Pillayar vigraham, tears rolled down my cheeks.

Suddenly in my mind I was seeing some old pictures, people, functions etc, could not make out anything.

The old man told us that his great grand father was the reason to built this temple and he maintained it; my grand father and after that my father were maintaining the temple.

We wanted to know whether he has any photos of his great grand father, but he has none as in those days there was no photography.
I just wanted to hug that old man, before that he was telling me that he felt some relationship with me!!

he old man took us inside his (or mine) home, oh.. What a feeling!!!!
We stayed there for about 10 minutes, as it is getting dark we moved to our car.

We donated some amount to that temple, with a fulfillment of heart we returned to Chennai.

Did you enjoy reading this ?

Last edited:
After knowing this i myself wanted to see the Nadi Astrologer.
Nadi jothidam fellow read from a chuvadi told me that I was a big land owner in my previous birth, probably somewhere in Kerala or Tamilnadu and had many sons and daughters; also constructed a small Pillayar temple near my home, and maintained it.
I asked him again the correct about the location of my previous birth place. After consulting many Chuvadis, he was telling he finds that I was born in Kerala in one of my previous births and in another somewhere in Tamilnadu.

In that place there is Temple on a mountain which is very famous.

This took me no where as there are many Temples in Tamilnadu located on hill top so I left at that.
Few years later, we were on a pilgrimage to many temples, we had some prarthana at Samayapuram Temple, which is near Trichy.

It was my first trip to Samayapuram temple, when we were going through a particular road, by car,
(in one side of the road lot of trees lined up) the place looked very familiar to me.

Every thing including houses, small roads is very familiar to me... It was like a dream...( some houses i could not recognize )
We decided to find about that place after finishing our prarthana at Samayapuram Temple... so first we headed for that temple.
After finishing the prarthana, I asked an old pujari there about any small Ganapathy temple in and around that location through which we passed through.

He told us that there is a small pillayar temple maintained by one family for many years , probably over 200 years.
After collecting the exact information about the location of the temple, we took the old man's blessings, and went in search of that temple...

We managed to locate the family who maintained the temple... it was a really a feeling of 'home coming ' for me. I had feeling that something inside me was jumping!!!
An old man took us to the temple, and when I saw the Pillayar vigraham, tears rolled down my cheeks.

Suddenly in my mind I was seeing some old pictures, people, functions etc, could not make out anything.

The old man told us that his great grand father was the reason to built this temple and he maintained it; my grand father and after that my father were maintaining the temple.

We wanted to know whether he has any photos of his great grand father, but he has none as in those days there was no photography.
I just wanted to hug that old man, before that he was telling me that he felt some relationship with me!!

he old man took us inside his (or mine) home, oh.. What a feeling!!!!
We stayed there for about 10 minutes, as it is getting dark we moved to our car.

We donated some amount to that temple, with a fulfillment of heart we returned to Chennai.

Did you enjoy reading this ?

Dear PJ sir,

Wow I enjoyed reading this....you actually took the trouble going searching for the place and it actually exists.

Since in your previous birth even though you were not a Brahmin but you maintained a temple like a Brahmin so this birth you were born as a Brahmin and still maintaining a temple.

This shows that our Gunas shape our next birth.

I read in a book before that Shiva Subramuniya Swami's Nadi Astrology showed he was Raja Raja Cholan in his previous birth.

It makes lots of sense cos Raja Raja Cholan was a staunch Saivite and so is Shiva Subramuniya Swami and he spread Siddantha Shaivaism like a brave warrior in the West.

My past births records per Nadi are a little too controversial to share!LOL

renukaji

When we visit a new place, sometime we feel we belong to that place, and even we knew the roads etc!!

Every thing has got connection to our previous birth; even the friendship here has a connection to our previous birth!

It is funny.
When I went to London I knew so many places from the books I had read.
221b Baker Street, and Sherlock Holmes
10 Downing Street, British Prime minister's residence.
Fleet Street boasted the headquarters of virtually every major English daily.
Regent Street and Piccadilly Circus is home to some of London’s most exclusive shops.

Similarly I used to follow English County Cricket - So used to know most of the county in England.
I used to follow English Soccer so I knew the English Geography better than the locals.
I am sure I have no connection with any previous birth in England. LOL

it is not like that; there are some places about which there was no previous knowledge about it either through book reading or movie etc; you feel so familiar with that place.
Like wise some faces appear very well known although that person was not seen before.

I am not a believer of so called coincidences, and remembrances.

Chapter 4 -- Verse 5

Verse: śrībhagavānuvāca |
bahūni me vyatītāni janmāni tava cārjuna |
tānyahaṃ veda sarvāṇi na tvaṃ vettha parantapa ||

श्रीभगवानुवाच ।
बहूनि मे व्यतीतानि जन्मानि तव चार्जुन ।
तान्यहं वेद सर्वाणि न त्वं वेत्थ परंतप ॥

Translation: "The Personality of Godhead said: Many, many births both you and I have passed. I can remember all of them, but you cannot, O subduer of the enemy!"

Are you saying that Krishna was only partly right?

I am not a believer of so called coincidences, and remembrances.

Chapter 4 -- Verse 5

Verse: śrībhagavānuvāca |
bahūni me vyatītāni janmāni tava cārjuna |
tānyahaṃ veda sarvāṇi na tvaṃ vettha parantapa ||

श्रीभगवानुवाच ।
बहूनि मे व्यतीतानि जन्मानि तव चार्जुन ।
तान्यहं वेद सर्वाणि न त्वं वेत्थ परंतप ॥

Translation: "The Personality of Godhead said: Many, many births both you and I have passed. I can remember all of them, but you cannot, O subduer of the enemy!"

Are you saying that Krishna was only partly right?

Dear Prasad ji,

Lord Krishna would have meant the general population of humans that do not usually remember their previous birth.

But even in our Puranas there are stories of humans or even animals that remember their previous birth.

The story of King Bharata who gets so attached to a deer that in his next birth he gets born as a deer.

As a deer he still remembers his previous birth as Bharata and the next birth he is born as Jada.

As Jada he hardly spoke to anyone and was very detached and he remembered his past birth as Bharata and the deer and did not want to repeat the mistake of being overly attached to anyone or anything.

Last edited:
renukaji

When we visit a new place, sometime we feel we belong to that place, and even we knew the roads etc!!

Every thing has got connection to our previous birth; even the friendship here has a connection to our previous birth!

Dear PJ sir,

Yes you are right that everything has a link but there is also a phenomenon known as Dejavu where we feel very familiar in a surrounding cos we had actually "seen" before..not in a previous birth but the subconscious mind has the capability to be prophetic at times.

I am sure most of us have been in situations where we can actually know what will happen next..that is the Dejavu phenomenon..still a poorly understood situation and even sometimes medically thought of as a short circuit in the electrical impulses of the brain.

I read in a book before that Shiva Subramuniya Swami's Nadi Astrology showed he was Raja Raja Cholan in his previous birth.

Quite a few famous people have been considered to be Raja Raja Cholan in their previous birth .For eg. Many Tamil Nationalists feel LTTE Leader V .Prabhakaran was also Raja Raja Cholan in his previous birth and he used the same "Tiger" sign for his Organization and Flag and Tiger is also the symbols the Cholas used .
A few months back there was a program on Vijay TV which was about studying about the past life of famous people through Hypnotherapy i.e Past Life Regression ( PLR ) and in that program one person who is an actor "Meesai Rajendran "( not a very famous one ) but makes his appearance in Movies as a Villain / Police Officer when he sat on the Hypnotherapist Chair and allowed himself to be taken back to his past life narrated some incidents that were closer to Raja Rajan's Life and after he woke up from the session ( he did not know what he told during the session ) , they asked him what objects attracted him most and he told that he is attracted to Swords and always keeps a collection of swords at his home , when asked which temple he resonates most , he said that he resonates most with Tanjore Brahadeeshwar Temple and always feels at home when he visits there .
So like that there are many claims to people being Raja Raja Cholan in their past lives .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back