• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Pithru karma or ceremony

Status
Not open for further replies.
while doing sratham you are doing homam which pleses devaas. brahmana bojanam pleases swarga vasigal; pinda dhanam is pleasing yama lokha vaasigal. anna dhaanam on that

day pleases men. brahmins while eating in sratha leaf they used to keep aside each variety which pleases pisaasu group; vikiraanam which we are placing before the brahmins leaf

after they finished their lunch is pleasing naraka vaasigal; pindam to crow pleases our unknown pithrus..

sratha devargal are vasu, rudhra, aadhithyar . we are giving food to them also during sratham. one for vasudevar. another for pithru and another for maha vishnu. we are

giving food foe these three. as we are giving food to viswaydevar= vasu rudhra aadhihya swaroopar, our pithrus are very much pleased .

kgopalan Sir

What is called "Pithru Dhosam? How it affects a person?

Can Pithrus Curse their own siblings on earth

Thanks for your answer.

Thank u Mr. K. Gopalan. I want to know if the mantras carry the soul, or help in passing various stages(?) to their destined place. I think we join them with the earlier deceased relatives. If so, do we live with the same people, there also?

What happens if the elder son is not present to do the the sixth month oonam. Can he participate in the oonam (that is perfomed by his younger brother) without his wife

Sir,
Also can you kindly explain the effects of not doing sraddhams, not performing tarpanams and its effects on the future generation please

அனைவருக்கும் நமஸ்காரம்

என்னுடைய தமயனாரின் குமாரன் தவறிவிட்டான். சுபஸ்வீகரணம் மார்ச் 27ல் நடந்து விட்டது.

ஸ்வாமி விளக்கு ஏற்றுதல், கோவில்/குளங்களுக்கு செல்லுதல், தினசரி ஸ்லோகங்கள் சொல்லுதல்,
கல்யாணம் மற்றும் சுப காரியங்களுக்கு செல்லுதல் போன்றவற்றிக்கு ஒவ்வொருவரும் வெவ்வேறு
கருத்தை சொல்கிறார்கள்.

உங்களின் கருத்தை அறிய விரும்புகிறேன்.

நாராயணன்.

அனைவருக்கும் நமஸ்காரம்

என்னுடைய தமயனாரின் குமாரன் தவறிவிட்டான். சுபஸ்வீகரணம் மார்ச் 27ல் நடந்து விட்டது.

ஸ்வாமி விளக்கு ஏற்றுதல், கோவில்/குளங்களுக்கு செல்லுதல், தினசரி ஸ்லோகங்கள் சொல்லுதல்,
கல்யாணம் மற்றும் சுப காரியங்களுக்கு செல்லுதல் போன்றவற்றிக்கு ஒவ்வொருவரும் வெவ்வேறு
கருத்தை சொல்கிறார்கள்.

உங்களின் கருத்தை அறிய விரும்புகிறேன்.

நாராயணன்.

Shri Narayanan,

As per the present day norms being observed in our tabra society, there is no need to restrict any of the activities listed by you, after the graha yajnam on 27th. March, at least in your family. But if you, or anyone else in your family, feels intensely about the untimely demise of the next generation person, such person/s are free to observe the mourning by curtailing or avoiding any or all the activities referred to.

I have read in Amarabharathi magazine, HH Sri Jayendra Saraswathi SwamigaL of Kanchi Kamakoti Peetham answering a similar query that one need not put Kolam in front of home, need not go to Temples or undertake Holy Yatras for one year, need not conduct Homams at home. No restriction on chanting slokas, doing Nitya Karmaanushtaana, conducting Amavaasya TharpaNam and Sraaththaas for Pithrus (must be done), putting Kolam in front of Swami in Pooja room, lighting of Deepam in front of Swami!My sympathies with Sri. Narayananms and family. I pray that God bless them all!

Ref. to narayananms. I fully agree with sangom sir. The meaning of many customs recommended is contextual. Depends on the family & people in it. Per se, I think it' s left to the people concerned. There is nothing right or wrong. To understand the relevance of do' s & don' ts we have to consider them in the light of the time, when these were framed. Above all, a humane attitude is what is required in all these issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back