Tamil Brahmins
Page 1 of 22 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Volunteers

Downloads
    Uploads

Volunteers

0 Not allowed!
    this forum is to discuss those activities which require Volunteers and also to gather more volunteers for any existing activities.
    Contact - Guidelines

Since i do not read all the posts, if you need to bring something to my attention report the post or send me a message with the link.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    Currently there are 6 people, 2 in Chennai , 2 in USA, one in Canada, one in Saudi for the Trg/Education and Employment forum. We need some more . I feel we should use this forum for the following to begin with, please give additional ideas

1. Provide all info that will help brahmin community children know about opportunities that exist in India as well as outside , admission procedures etc , this site should also include vocational, non Univerity kind of stuff as well. In fact we can categorize into , +2 students, for Bsc / for Bcom students etc

2. make sure poor deserving candidates get help in the form of loans and donations with a verbal commitment they will help fellow brahmins wherever they are and in whatever way they can

3. Explore ways in which rich families can educate poor children , volunteers to make sure money reaches the right people for right purpose

4. Persuade brahmin schools/ educational institutions to admit atelast few poor brahmin students free of cost

5. Conduct coaching sessions, could be on anything like English speaking skills/personality development skills etc for students from smaller villages
  3. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    If you are having a problem with a particular thread or user, please use the "REPORT POST" button beside the offending post to inform us or raise a complaint.
    JSIyengar Guest

0 Not allowed!

Hello subalaji:

I was thinking of putting up a flier in Hindu temples about our site. This will help us get more members registered and better coverage as well. In terms of other activities: I'll do my best, whatever it is I can from here and will let you or our group of volunteers know if Iím hard pressed for time then. Hope it helps

Quote Originally Posted by subalaji
    Currently there are 6 people, 2 in Chennai , 2 in USA, one in Canada, one in Saudi for the Trg/Education and Employment forum. We need some more . I feel we should use this forum for the following to begin with, please give additional ideas

1. Provide all info that will help brahmin community children know about opportunities that exist in India as well as outside , admission procedures etc , this site should also include vocational, non Univerity kind of stuff as well. In fact we can categorize into , +2 students, for Bsc / for Bcom students etc

2. make sure poor deserving candidates get help in the form of loans and donations with a verbal commitment they will help fellow brahmins wherever they are and in whatever way they can

3. Explore ways in which rich families can educate poor children , volunteers to make sure money reaches the right people for right purpose

4. Persuade brahmin schools/ educational institutions to admit atelast few poor brahmin students free of cost

5. Conduct coaching sessions, could be on anything like English speaking skills/personality development skills etc for students from smaller villages
  5. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    If you are having a problem with a particular thread or user, please use the "REPORT POST" button beside the offending post to inform us or raise a complaint.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    Hi Iyengar,

But when u put it up in Temples just dont give too much info as it might attract unwanted attention, you can may want it to put it in a simple format

We all are tied up with so many things , even if we take up a small and simple task it is still worthwhile

Balaji
  7. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    JS

As I said in another thread I did post a flyer in the local temple and some people objected and got it removed. So you might want to contact your temple committee before posting.

I will continue contacting other members of the community in person.

Ramki
  9. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    If some body can give some space, we could put computer for the practice of the students. That will help them to see the whole world and reach out for help.
  11. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    Hi Members,

do agree with all your efforts for educational assistance,info regarding career plans,etc...but do we have a list of students who are about to avail the assistance .if we can have the phone numbers or the email id of the members ,hope we can interact and do something concrete.

Regards
    S.Ram Prakash
    ramprakashs_iway@sify.com
  13. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    Hi Ramprakash,

Can u be one of the volunteers

Thanks
  15. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    Hi subalaji
    Just came back from Salt Lake City, Utah (USA). A young gentleman named Ramki (Ramakrishnan) called me from Raleigh, NC (USA) last week and talked to me about volunteers. Unfortunately, I misplaced his cell phone number. He said he would send me an email.
    Could you please tell me where things stand in regard to organizing the volunteers in the US?
    Last edited by silverfox; 28-06-2006 at 05:52 AM.
    SILVER FOX
    "செந்தமிழ் நாடெனும் போதினிலே -இன்பத் தேன்வந்து பாயுது காதினிலே"
  17. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

Volunteer

0 Not allowed!
    Hi friends,

Happy to serve our community in the best possible way.I do not have the contact number of any of our member who are residing in chennai or bangalore or coimbatore.Please let me know if anyone resides in these cities so that i can keep in touch with them.

Regards
    S.Ram Prakash
  19. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
Page 1 of 22 1234511 ... LastLast